XIM Community

Fortnite...cross platform?  (Read 253 times)

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
Fortnite...cross platform?
« on: 06:44 AM - 04/16/18 »
XIM Apex is perfect with Fortnite, I would give a 100% satisfaction for sure (for example the division is like 20%, destiny1 like 80%).
But I've read on different sources that Fortnite is...cross platform?!? This means PC players are matchmaked with console players.
And to be honest, when I play on xbox I see players doing almost humanly impossible things while building. I'm also using Xim Link and scripts...but the things some players do...
So does someone know for "sure" what's the current situation with Fortnite?

Offline PcSkeng

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite...cross platform?
« Reply #1 on: 07:22 AM - 04/16/18 »
XIM Apex is perfect with Fortnite, I would give a 100% satisfaction for sure (for example the division is like 20%, destiny1 like 80%).
But I've read on different sources that Fortnite is...cross platform?!? This means PC players are matchmaked with console players.
And to be honest, when I play on xbox I see players doing almost humanly impossible things while building. I'm also using Xim Link and scripts...but the things some players do...
So does someone know for "sure" what's the current situation with Fortnite?

It says in the top right you’re playing with the same console
| Xim Apex ~ Logitech G502 ~ Corsair K70 Lux RGB Cherry MX Brown ~ Sony Nav ~ SteelSeries Dex ~ Astro A40 TR + TR MixAmp ~ PlayStation 4 |

Offline elementcs13

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ScreeeeeeeaM
« Reply #2 on: 07:34 AM - 04/16/18 »
If you're on Xbox, you'll only play with only xbox players. If you play with your PC friend, then you'll play on a PC server with mostly pc players and a few xbox players.

So those "amazing" players, are most likely console players who have just gotten really good at building to your standards.

Offline PcSkeng

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:47 AM - 04/16/18 »
If you're on Xbox, you'll only play with only xbox players. If you play with your PC friend, then you'll play on a PC server with mostly pc players and a few xbox players.

So those "amazing" players, are most likely console players who have just gotten really good at building to your standards.

PC players don’t play with XBox players :-\ if a PS4 player is playing with a pc player they’ll play on pc servers. You’ll never have a pc player on PS4
| Xim Apex ~ Logitech G502 ~ Corsair K70 Lux RGB Cherry MX Brown ~ Sony Nav ~ SteelSeries Dex ~ Astro A40 TR + TR MixAmp ~ PlayStation 4 |

Offline elementcs13

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ScreeeeeeeaM
« Reply #4 on: 08:15 AM - 04/16/18 »

PC players don’t play with XBox players :-\ if a PS4 player is playing with a pc player they’ll play on pc servers. You’ll never have a pc player on PS4

I never said that, lol. I said "If you're on Xbox, you'll only play with only xbox players." Unless you play with your PC friend, in which case, you're transferred to PC servers.

Offline nikiangel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:19 AM - 04/16/18 »
Could be my standards are low, but I'm watching the best players streaming on twitch, and these I see on xbox have the same or better building speed...I really don't know.
And by best players I mean the best PC players.

Offline Benj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:33 PM - 04/16/18 »
So, if you are playing on Xb1, you will originally be defaulted to playing with the 'Same Platform' (can be seen at the top right of your Fortnite home screen).

However, they did recently release the ability to play cross-plat for all devices and to toggle that setting on/off you will go to your game settings I believe it is and then scroll to the very bottom and you'll see something like 'Enable cross-platform parties' and you can turn it on/off.

Hope this helps!
Xbox One X | BenQ EL2870U 28” | Plantronics RIG 800LX | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logitech G502 Spectrum | Steelseries QcK | Secretlab Omega 2018

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #7 on: 07:17 PM - 04/16/18 »
Could be my standards are low, but I'm watching the best players streaming on twitch, and these I see on xbox have the same or better building speed...I really don't know.
And by best players I mean the best PC players.
Using high sensitivity and now with builder pro, guys can build extremely fast. I use Link and scripts and can build really fast, but honestly I probably only have like a 10% edge in terms of raw building speed, especially against the good console players using Scufs or elite controllers to jump and pull up their build menu.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL