XIM Community

Control left stick X axis with the mouse for fly helicopters  (Read 484 times)

Offline FCBGuy1

• View Profile
Hi Is it possible to control left stick X axis at the same time you control right stick X and Y axis with Apex ? I want it to have more control in the helicopter on BF4

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. What would you like to map to your left stick X-axis?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline FCBGuy1

• View Profile
Thank you OBsIV
Sorry I forgot to say , I would like to map the mouse movement to left stick X-axis at the same time I map right stick XY-axis to mouse to ,this way I can yaw , pitch and roll with the mouse , is it possible to be added in a future update ?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok, I see. No, this can't be done, but, if you use our Commander interface (which requires a PC) then you can do whatever mappings like this that you want.

Offline FCBGuy1

• View Profile
Oh thanks didn't know about that , but the problem is that I can't use a PC bcause it wont fit on my desk.
Is there a way of this stuff beeing added to the manager in a future update ?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
This sort of binding is really specific/custom. I'd suggest looking at a Titan device to give you the scripting you'd need to make this work.

Offline FCBGuy1

• View Profile
Yes but them I will have to buy another device :/
The cross hair adapter have this feature
Can I make a request for this to be added in apex to ?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I still don't quite understand how this mapping is supposed to work. It looks like you want:

Right X-Axis for Roll
Right Y-Axis for Pitch
Left X-Axis for Yaw

You want all of this mapped to the X and Y axis of your mouse?

Offline FCBGuy1

• View Profile
Yes ,like on PC ,this way you can make all your aim with the mouse on chopper ,it can be to :

Right X-Axis for Yaw
Right Y-Axis for Pitch
Left X-Axis for Roll

Try it ,you gonna see that its better to controll your aim with that

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes, but you want all 3 of these functions to be mapped to your mouse only?

Concerning making your mouse control your Left X-Axis, you can map your mouse to left stick and then change your YXRatio to 0 which will make you mouse only controller the left X-axis.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
Yaw left and right on PC are done with the A and D keys on keyboard by default, not the mouse. If you are using defaults controls on your Xbox and are using the WASD keys for movement, then the controls are actually very similar to PC. The only difference is on PC the pitch movement is more noticeable, but not by a lot.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline belpoutre

• cool attitude
    • View Profile
we can consider a titan two with a flight stick in addition to traditional keyboard mouse to switch between the two gameplay ? ex: for BF1, keyboard mouse with soldier and instantaneous switch on the flight stick for plane helicopter and tank?

Offline FCBGuy1

• View Profile
Yaw left and right on PC are done with the A and D keys on keyboard by default, not the mouse. If you are using defaults controls on your Xbox and are using the WASD keys for movement, then the controls are actually very similar to PC. The only difference is on PC the pitch movement is more noticeable, but not by a lot.
Yes the default controls , but most of the best pilots uses Yaw , Roll and Pitch all mapped to the mouse in a custom configuration , this way you have more controll of your aim , you can try it on pc , you gonna see that your aim acts like an infatry lol its so op , here is a video of it (its in portuguese but u can see he mapping the mouse and mooving it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-grZzGTr_4

Offline FCBGuy1

• View Profile
Yes, but you want all 3 of these functions to be mapped to your mouse only?

Concerning making your mouse control your Left X-Axis, you can map your mouse to left stick and then change your YXRatio to 0 which will make you mouse only controller the left X-axis.
not only to the mouse cause I need the keyboard to help making mooves , so I want these 3 functions mapped to the mouse but also to the keyboard to make fast turns , I gona use veteran legacy in game settings to this to work

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
If you can use a workaround such as switch controller layouts to make this work that would be great.