XIM Community

[Fortnite BR] How-To set different Hotkeys in Build Mode - No Hardware required  (Read 620 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
    The new
Builder Pro, allows us to create an Auxiliary Config (just like ADS) where we can bind our Wall, Stair, Floor and Roof hotkeys to the keys we want in our keyboard or mouse.

Now instead of using mouse left button to build walls you can use Q, E for your stair and C for your floor, etc. No special, hardware required.

• Enable Expert Mode. go to Global Settings and select "Enable expert configuration"
  • Load Fortnite Battle Royal Config, go to HIP config and Edit
  • Go to HIP, Actions, tap ... so Primary control pop up, press > to get into the Secondary set of key binds
  • There, on Build Button (B/Circle) bind a new Key per example key C. This key should be one button that is easy to reach for you
  • go to ADS config and swipe again to create a new Sub Config select Enabled, give it a Name: Build Mode.
  • To specify or new mappings, uncheck Inherit.
  • Next, under Activation bind your a new key unique, like key C
  • Activate Toggle option
  • Tap the ... to display more options
  • On Delay set the value: 2000 ms
  • On the Deactivation Keys section, bind the pick axe key (Y/Triangle) the same you are using on your HIP config
  • Now swipe down to Actions section and bind your RT/R2(Wall), LT/L2(Stair), RB/R1(Floor), LB/L1(Roof) to a the keys or buttons you want on your keyboard or mouse

How it works:

At this point you have two build buttons: your primary and your secondary (C on this example).
  • Primary Build Button is for edit your builds, get out of the inventory, menu options and emotes.
  • Secondary Build Button. is for get in build mode with a new buttons layout for your Wall, Stair, Ramp, Floor and Roof. To get out of Buiild Mode press this button or pick-axe

NOTICE
-If you are in build mode, and want to edit your builds... press your primary build button not your secondary (letter C)
-If you want to get out of build mode you can press C, at any time; avoid to press primary build button to get out

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: I realize that edit mechanic while on Build Mode didn't work on the first post (Sorry for that). Corrections has been made. Still works, but now you have two build buttons. One to get in and out of Buiild mode switching button layouts and a regular one to edit your builds and get out of inventory, options, and emotes.

My recommendation is always get out of build mode with pickaxe,

Sorry it can be straight forwards as it supposed it, (limitation) and for simplicity I recommend to stick to the regular layout.
[/list]
« Last Edit: 06:33 PM - 04/14/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R ó modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L

Offline moniray

• View Profile
wow man! god job thanks will try this 👍

Offline Umby18

• View Profile
Im a little confused. Will this allow for 1 click building, or will it still require 3 clicks to build? click B, and then your hotkey twice (once to select piece, and once to place piece)?

Is Redacts/Marks Titan 2 script still better?
« Last Edit: 02:08 PM - 04/14/18 by Umby18 »

Offline alanmcgregor

• View Profile
Is the same, no 1 click building for that you need scripts, Xim link or T2.

This is only for customize, use a different keys to build, while your are in build mode.
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R ó modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L

Offline maxxurs

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: maxxurs
Thx thads what i whas asking if something like this whas possible !! 😁
Need to try it out!

Offline Sl3vin

• View Profile
you sir, deserve a medal  !! Thanks bro

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
Steps 3 & 4 do I make primary build button as none? I followed the instructions to a T and whenever I click on my unique build key it wants to edit
« Last Edit: 08:14 AM - 04/15/18 by x Mayze x »

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
I tried this but it isnít working. Iím using a Sony Nav so im limited with buttons. My thumb stick(L3) is my primary build and my third side button on my mouse is the secondary build. When I press the secondary button, and try to build my stairs for example it just doesnít work. I followed everything in the tut. Am I missing another setting like in the game options or something?

Offline alanmcgregor

• View Profile
Steps 3 & 4 do I make primary build button as none? I followed the instructions to a T and whenever I click on my unique build key it wants to edit

No you keep your primary build button, and that one you will be using it for edit your builds, get out of menu, inventory etc. Your secondary Build Button it must be the one and only to build and get out of build mode
XIM APEX

Offline PcSkeng

• View Profile
    The new
Builder Pro, allows us to create an Auxiliary Config (just like ADS) where we can bind our Wall, Stair, Floor and Roof hotkeys to the keys we want in our keyboard or mouse.

Now instead of using mouse left button to build walls you can use Q, E for your stair and C for your floor, etc. No special, hardware required.

• Enable Expert Mode. go to Global Settings and select "Enable expert configuration"
  • Load Fortnite Battle Royal Config, go to HIP config and Edit
  • Go to HIP, Actions, tap ... so Primary control pop up, press > to get into the Secondary set of key binds
  • There, on Build Button (B/Circle) bind a new Key per example key C. This key should be one button that is easy to reach for you
  • go to ADS config and swipe again to create a new Sub Config select Enabled, give it a Name: Build Mode.
  • To specify or new mappings, uncheck Inherit.
  • Next, under Activation bind your a new key unique, like key C
  • Activate Toggle option
  • Tap the ... to display more options
  • On Delay set the value: 2000 ms
  • On the Deactivation Keys section, bind the pick axe key (Y/Triangle) the same you are using on your HIP config
  • Now swipe down to Actions section and bind your RT/R2(Wall), LT/L2(Stair), RB/R1(Floor), LB/L1(Roof) to a the keys or buttons you want on your keyboard or mouse

How it works:

At this point you have two build buttons: your primary and your secondary (C on this example).
  • Primary Build Button is for edit your builds, get out of the inventory, menu options and emotes.
  • Secondary Build Button. is for get in build mode with a new buttons layout for your Wall, Stair, Ramp, Floor and Roof. To get out of Buiild Mode press this button or pick-axe

NOTICE
-If you are in build mode, and want to edit your builds... press your primary build button not your secondary (letter C)
-If you want to get out of build mode you can press C, at any time; avoid to press primary build button to get out

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: I realize that edit mechanic while on Build Mode didn't work on the first post (Sorry for that). Corrections has been made. Still works, but now you have two build buttons. One to get in and out of Buiild mode switching button layouts and a regular one to edit your builds and get out of inventory, options, and emotes.

My recommendation is always get out of build mode with pickaxe,

Sorry it can be straight forwards as it supposed it, (limitation) and for simplicity I recommend to stick to the regular layout.
[/list]

Does this work with Sony Nav and G502?
| Xim Apex ~ Logitech G502 ~ Corsair K70 Lux RGB Cherry MX Brown ~ Sony Nav ~ SteelSeries Dex ~ Astro A40 TR + TR MixAmp ~ PlayStation 4 |

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
I tried this but it isnít working. Iím using a Sony Nav so im limited with buttons. My thumb stick(L3) is my primary build and my third side button on my mouse is the secondary build. When I press the secondary button, and try to build my stairs for example it just doesnít work. I followed everything in the tut. Am I missing another setting like in the game options or something?

I'm using the same setup. Sony Nav and G502 and I'm unable to get it to work as well. Maybe this only works with keyboard?

Offline Goran5000

• View Profile
I would like to confirm stairs and floor with the fire key. Just as it does with walls. I dont like how you have to click button for stairs and then the same button again. Is this doable?

Offline Goran5000

• View Profile
Can you somehow use this to have fire button to confirm stairs, and floor and not only walls (like it is today)?