XIM Community

BenQ XL2411Z and PS4 Pro / Jitter & Ghosting  (Read 445 times)

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
BenQ XL2411Z and PS4 Pro / Jitter & Ghosting
« on: 09:22 AM - 04/14/18 »
Hey guys,

I use my BenQ XL2411Z gaming monitor for both PC Gaming and when I play on my PS4 PRO instead of a TV.

I noticed recently that my monitor would jitter/stutter/ghosting a bit so I decided to look up some options.

I read on blurbusters that setting Single Strobe to On through the service menu would help along with enabling blur reduction. Both settings were off at first.. but I noticed when I enabled single strobe and blur reduction my monitor got pretty flickery/harsher on the eyes, almost like a nauseus feeling unless I'm not used to it IMO (like a 60hz CRT)... but my games movement was much more responsive and not juddery/ghosting etc. Kind of like when you disable Vsync on PC. My aim is greatly improved. Super smooth. I could tell the difference instantly. I also changed the picture mode to Standard instead of FPS1 and kept brightness at 100 and contrast I lowered from 50 to 40.

I'm going to keep it like this for the time being but is there anyway to fix this? Should I disable single strobe again or disable blur reduction and leave one or the other on? Should I go back to how it was with single strobe set to Off and blur reduction off and change instant mode or AMA? I just want the most responsiveness from my monitor to console while not killing my eyes or just ya know... Having the best clear fluid motion looking screen with low input lag and ghosting at 60hz.

I'm new to this and realized there was a problem, not my monitor itself since it was mainly set up for PC gaming.

Any help would be super appreciated!

Cheers
« Last Edit: 11:57 AM - 04/14/18 by thediscobiscuits »
Zowie EC2-A @ 3200 DPI 500 Hz
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Blue LED Cherry MX Red Keyboard

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
Re: BenQ XL2411Z and PS4 Pro
« Reply #1 on: 10:07 AM - 04/14/18 »
Would the RL2455HM be a better fit for console gaming ?
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:10 AM - 04/14/18 »
I noticed setting the blur reduction to off and keeping single strobe on.. the image is a bit better. When BR is set to On the screen gets darker. When I turn Blur Reduction off the screen isn't as dark.

Like I said my aim has drastically improved enabling single strobe in the service menu. Is there any point to changing my monitor to the RL series or is my 2411Z fine?
« Last Edit: 11:43 AM - 04/14/18 by thediscobiscuits »
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Offline parni

• A jug fills drop by drop.
    • View Profile
Re: BenQ XL2411Z and PS4 Pro / Jitter & Ghosting
« Reply #3 on: 04:10 PM - 04/14/18 »
i have both monitors they both act the same for me.
 difference is ps4 is not a pc.
 so it lags and it has 60fps limitation which u notice when looking around compared to 144 with pc.

Current xim4 Setup:
BenQ XL2411
BenQ RL2455
Owned over 300 mice.
currently using Cougar 300M @ 400dpi
Keyboard: g13 i will never go back to keyboard on xim4. With Analog movement you can controll the accel/deaccel of lookmechanics even obsiv prefers it :P.
Sound: Beyerdynamic MMX 300 with dss2.

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:14 PM - 04/14/18 »
Same here. I had both.

BenQ XL2411Z was my PC monitor. When I start to play on consoles I got the RL2455HM because I like the brand, image quality and 60Hz was enough. But I start to notice something on the ghosting that feels flickery.

One year later I go a new PC Monitor (sold the XL) and I realize something definitely was off with how the BenQ process ghosting. Disabling AMA was better for my eyes, but I the blur increase. try it.

Then I bought an ASUS VG245H for my nephew... tested. I frikin love it... no blur, ghosting is very smooth and can do flicks 180, 240 without any visual sutter or jitter. The image on RL2455HM was a bit crisp, and whites more defines but man I can play longer with the asus without any eye strain, so I got one for me.

So I suggest to try disabling AMA and a side suggestion health heads up... any strobing effect can cause eye strain and hurt your eyes on the long run. Try always run your monitors without any strobe effect on.
« Last Edit: 11:41 PM - 04/14/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Ventus R - Hyper XL

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Turbo Instant-Build Script @ Titan Two Forum

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:11 AM - 04/15/18 »
Same here. I had both.

BenQ XL2411Z was my PC monitor. When I start to play on consoles I got the RL2455HM because I like the brand, image quality and 60Hz was enough. But I start to notice something on the ghosting that feels flickery.

One year later I go a new PC Monitor (sold the XL) and I realize something definitely was off with how the BenQ process ghosting. Disabling AMA was better for my eyes, but I the blur increase. try it.

Then I bought an ASUS VG245H for my nephew... tested. I frikin love it... no blur, ghosting is very smooth and can do flicks 180, 240 without any visual sutter or jitter. The image on RL2455HM was a bit crisp, and whites more defines but man I can play longer with the asus without any eye strain, so I got one for me.

So I suggest to try disabling AMA and a side suggestion health heads up... any strobing effect can cause eye strain and hurt your eyes on the long run. Try always run your monitors without any strobe effect on.

I hear ya. Lowering the persistence though lowers the screen brightness which helps the eyes out. I just notice much more responsiveness with blur reduction on and single strobing 60hz.

What's the purpose of buying a cheaper monitor of the same brand when the 2411z can calibrate it this way? Most BenQ's now adays don't even have the single strobe option and perform pretty crappy apparently on 60hz (PC monitors at least). I've tried going back and forth between it on and off and I def feel the reduced input lag with it on. Idk. Def not placebo. Again I'm just speaking for my brand monitor I am using for my setup.

I do notice though with SS off and blur reduction off the screen just becomes brighter and much easier on the eyes. I'm trying that out with AMA off.  Idk if there's more ghosting or what but feels alright  doesnt seem that bad. How does the Asus/RL2455HM perform different ?

Edit: I decided to take your advice McGregor and just go back to BR off and single strobe set to Off. Easier on the eyes lol.
« Last Edit: 02:21 AM - 04/15/18 by thediscobiscuits »
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:35 PM - 04/15/18 »
What's the purpose of buying a cheaper monitor of the same brand when the 2411z can calibrate it this way?

Convenience I have my PC on my studio (top floor). My Console setup in my man cave (downstairs).
XIM APEX
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Ventus R - Hyper XL

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Turbo Instant-Build Script @ Titan Two Forum

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:00 PM - 04/15/18 »
What's the purpose of buying a cheaper monitor of the same brand when the 2411z can calibrate it this way?

Convenience I have my PC on my studio (top floor). My Console setup in my man cave (downstairs).

I noticed changing my HDMI RGB PC Range to 0-255 RGB on the monitor instead of 16-235 and setting my Playstation RGB Range to Full it helped a lot with things hehe. The color looks nice I'd say even on FPS1 preset. I kept AMA on default of High
« Last Edit: 10:14 PM - 04/15/18 by thediscobiscuits »
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:49 AM - 04/24/18 »
Some people are fine with that strobing effect. It does look smooth but my god my eyes! Can't stand it. It also adds input lag so best of without it op

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #9 on: 06:43 AM - 05/17/18 »
Would the RL2455HM be a better fit for console gaming ?

Agreed.

I own the original version without the Zowie branding and have yet to console game on another monitor that i preferred over this one.. I even prefer it to the newer zowie version due to the zowie having laggy firmware and it feeling a tad slower.
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a