XIM Community

Corsair k68 rgb  (Read 312 times)

Offline GmanBadger

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Gman Badger x
Corsair k68 rgb
« on: 05:41 PM - 04/13/18 »
I recently just bought k68 and it doesnít connect to the apex. Doesnít even let me open the app. I plugged it in and lit up and nothing happens. It let me into the app when I first go. It and showed it was connected at the top. But when I clicked keys it didnít register at the bottom while my mouse did. Any suggestions or did I get one of the few boards that doesnít work??

Offline Zeriously

• That's Savvy
    • View Profile
Re: Corsair k68 rgb
« Reply #1 on: 05:46 PM - 04/13/18 »
Have you plugged the keyboard into your computer to see if there is possible updates for the keyboard?
& what firmware you running on Apex the New Beta firmware or the Stock firmware ?

if Apex app is recognizing the keyboard there should be a issue as far as im aware.
have you plugged the keyboard into the correct port on the Xim & im unsure about the K68 is it a 2 cable Keyboard ?
Xbox one X  - Xim Apex - Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red's - Logitech G502 - 2 24 inch BenQ 144hz Monitors - Corsair MM400 Medium Mouse pad  - Beta Firmware

Offline GmanBadger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:07 PM - 04/13/18 »
It is one cable keyboard. The Xbox recognizes it and types normally.  I have the lastest firmware but I do not have the beta firmware for the apex. I tried my other keyboard with Apex and worked with no problem

Offline Zeriously

• That's Savvy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:12 PM - 04/13/18 »
Have you checked if there is any updates for you Keyboard via the Corsair software on the computer buddy ?
Xbox one X  - Xim Apex - Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red's - Logitech G502 - 2 24 inch BenQ 144hz Monitors - Corsair MM400 Medium Mouse pad  - Beta Firmware

Offline GmanBadger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:13 PM - 04/13/18 »
No I havenít I will check and update if needed. Iím really hoping this is the problem

Offline Zeriously

• That's Savvy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:17 PM - 04/13/18 »
it should work okay ive seen people using that keyboard Before fine buddy!.

Offline GmanBadger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:38 PM - 04/13/18 »
Okay sorry for the wait, I have the cue 2 software and with the keyboard plugged in it says no device detected. I canít check or update firmware because it doesnít know it it there

Offline wildstyle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:17 PM - 04/13/18 »
i have the k70 i dont know if this pertains to your keyboard but the only way the k70 runs is on bios mod

Offline Silentblack

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Silentblack00
« Reply #8 on: 08:52 AM - 04/14/18 »
Both my k65 and Strafe work just fine. not the most helpful, but k65/k70/strafe all working, it maybe you?
Is the k68 the older style k70? 

If the cue2 software isn't picking it up you are having keyboard problems than.
« Last Edit: 08:56 AM - 04/14/18 by Silentblack »

Offline GmanBadger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:55 PM - 04/15/18 »
Okay, I have some questions now. Iíve downloaded the new firmware on the keyboard. Iíve used it with xim and itís great. But when I first load up and use it, it doesnít work. It lights up and xim app detects it. But nothing happens when I use it. Sometimes it will start working after a few mins others it wonít. Has anyone else ever had this problem or is the keyboard not fully communicating with the xim?
Any suggestions will be useful

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:06 PM - 04/15/18 »
This is a high power device. If you're experiencing stability issues using it then adding additional power may help. Some K series keyboards include a second cable. Attach this cable to a power source that is not XIM such as the console or USB charger. If this doesn't help then APEX supports power adapters using this spec and can be found on Amazon and Ebay:

5V 3A power adapter  ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline GmanBadger

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:50 PM - 04/15/18 »
So if I didnít use the rgb lighting it should work? Or in general it just uses a lot of power to run?
When I plug in the keyboard it does a color switch effect. But whenever I click something it stays on that color and stops the effect. All buttons are useless at that point even the button to turn off the lighting doesnít work. Is this what happens when too much power is used or do I have a different problem

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:55 PM - 04/15/18 »
In my experience in support sometimes disabling the lighting isn't enough. Use the second cable if your keyboard allows for it. Try using the bios switch on the top of the keyboard by the cable if your keyboard has this. If these two things don't allow your keys to work then adding additional power may help.

Offline GmanBadger

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:26 PM - 04/15/18 »
Okay thanks for the help. Is there one you recommend and can link or anything that is the right size and such will work?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:32 AM - 04/16/18 »
I don't have a specific recommendation but you should see a few options using the text below if you search on Amazon or Ebay.

5V 3A power adapter  ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)