XIM Community

Bought a K95 RGB Corsair, can foot pedals be linked to it?  (Read 212 times)

Offline Grarrg

• View Profile
I have been using the Orbweaver fore 3 years but wanted more flexibility.
I bought the K95 keyboard which helps a lot since I am now trying to get into Rainbow 6 and there are a lot more controls with the 2 leans, 2 gadgets, drones etc.

It is going to take awhile getting muscle memory down.

My question is this.
The K95 has 2 USB cables coming out of it, one is a keyboard cable and the other is a pass through(?) cable.

Is it possible to plug that into foor pedals and daisy chain them to work with the Xim Apex?

I noticed that the pedals have a USB plug as well but it's the same end as the keyboard.

Thank you.

Offline Grarrg

• View Profile
I forgot to add that there is a USB input on the back of the keyboard.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I don't know if that will work. If it doesn't you can always replace the APEX hub with a hub of your own that offers more ports to accommodate the pedal.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Grarrg

• View Profile
And that will work!?!?

So in theory you could have 4+ peripherals attached to the Xim?

For some reason I thought it was limited to Mouse, keyboard, and console controller.

My mind is blown.
Thank you so much.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Yes, you can have more devices attached but power may become an issue. If you go this route I recommend purchasing a powered hub. I don't have a specific recommendation but any USB 2.0 hub that includes a power adapter should work.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Grarrg

• View Profile
I went home on my lunch break and plugged a peripheral in the back of the key board.

That does not work lol

I do have a 4 way, powered USB 2.0 hub in the house I will try when I get home from work this evening.

Offline delooper

• View Profile
Those Corsair keyboards are heavy power consumers.  I find I need to use a power hub to use the Corsair keyboard with prettty much any other device on the XIM Apex.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
I have an IOGear USB switch (powered via USB wall charger) with the keyboard, a Stinky Board, a Nav controller and a second mouse attached to one of the USB ports on the Apex hub. The controller and primary mouse remain on the Apex hub for a total of 6 devices, but more could be added.

So to confirm, you can daisy-chain USB devices to the Apex, but may want to slot in some extra power.

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
I'm using  foot pedals plugged into a usb hub and it works fine. I'm just using a cheap Belkin 4 input travel hub (non powered) in my Xim.

The usb hub plugs into my Xim in the keyboard slot, I then plug the keyboard into the hub and then plugged in 2 different brand foot switches into the Belkin hub  ... works.

I dont need a powered hub and the Belkin Hub is a small neat setup ... but I'm using a G13, dont know about your keyboard.