XIM Community

G502 Spectrum // 34% discount on Amazon (US) $45.99  (Read 196 times)

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
  • "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
Amazon just happens to be selling the Spectrum version of the G502 at a 34% discount, today. Appears to be a WalMart price-match. Currently sold out until the April 15th but now would be a great time to purchase a G502 if it is on your shopping list.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Spectrum-Shifting-Personalized-Programmable/dp/B019OB663A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1523501499&sr=8-3&keywords=g502
"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

XIM APEX @1kHz // BETA : 20180402

Logitech G502 // Razer Basilisk // Razer Deathadder Elite: Currently using Eight-Hundred DPI @1kHz + Framerate Sync // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD) // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: G502 Spectrum // 34% discount on Amazon (US) $45.99
« Reply #1 on: 09:26 PM - 04/11/18 »
Wow, excellent price -- thanks for the heads up.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline dominicanmachete

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DOMINICANMACHETE
« Reply #2 on: 03:45 PM - 04/12/18 »
dude i just bought it becuase of ur post. upgrading from a G303. thx
Xim4
PS4 PRO
mouse: LOGITECH G502 RGB
keyboard: REDRAGON K553
headset: HYPERX CLOUD 2
mousepad: MM300 EXTENDED LIMITED EDITION

Online Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:56 PM - 04/12/18 »
I also did this last month, got the G502 from Walmart through a price match. Even though a great deal I returned, just to heavy for my liking was all. So I picked up a G403 from Office Max/Office Depot for $45, they also do price matching. Was so easy in fact, the guy just said what was the price and he never looked it up. He just believed what I told him. Either way I'd say if you can get the G403 or G502 for under $45 grab one, they are both awesome !

Offline Zeriously

• That's Savvy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:31 PM - 04/12/18 »
Good price hopefully helps the users who were unsure to grab a G502 to now get it at a cheaper price!
Xbox one X  - Xim Apex - Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red's - Logitech G502 - 2 24 inch BenQ 144hz Monitors - Corsair MM400 Medium Mouse pad  - Beta Firmware

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
  • "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #5 on: 05:27 AM - 04/15/18 »

:D

Mine arrived this morning. I was forced to play 1800DPI or less with my Razer mouse because I dislike the additional smoothing delay beyond that value. I wanted to compare the feel of both mice at same DPI and polling rate so yesterday, I set my Razer for 12k 1,000Hz and played with it that way all day and night right up until the G502 arrived. As expected, at 12kDPI & 1,000Hz, the G502 does not feel delayed like Razer does at 12k and feels as snappy as the Razer does at 1800DPI or less which means that the G502 seemingly delivers on the promise to maintain the bare minimum 2frames of smoothing at max DPI. With my Razer mice I had to choose between DPI resolution or latency but with the G502 I am now able to enjoy high DPI resolution without sacrificing latency or vice-versa makes this purchase a win/win. I now understand why this is the preferred gaming mouse for use with XIM. I'm hyper-sensitive to latency and for me the difference is night and day. The extra buttons are great too. It's worth mentioning that the scroll wheel rattles and the cable is a bit thick but the superior performance or the G502 more than makes up for it.

It now is apparent to me that Razer's Basilisk is directly competing with the G502. The form factor between the two feels nearly identical. The Basilisk felt sluggish when dealing with heavy aim-assist at high DPI levels due to the additional forced smoothing @6.4ms but surprise surprise at max DPI the G502 cuts through it like a hot knife cuts through butter with that sweet sweet 2frame .4ms delay. It's so great. Love it. The glide is better on my Basilisk but to be fair I haven't used a mouse that has bested it in that category. Some 3rd party mouse skates might change that though.

I'll prob stick to the lighter Deathadder or Basilisk for PC gaming which is fine because I rarely play with DPI higher than 450 on that end but the G502 is my new fav mouse for use exclusively with XIM @12kDPI // 1kHz and that's exactly what it was purchased for.

You're going to love it!
« Last Edit: 11:31 AM - 04/15/18 by mjfame »
"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

XIM APEX @1kHz // BETA : 20180402

Logitech G502 // Razer Basilisk // Razer Deathadder Elite: Currently using Eight-Hundred DPI @1kHz + Framerate Sync // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD) // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT)

Offline PixelSquish

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #6 on: 05:03 PM - 04/15/18 »

:D

Mine arrived this morning. I was forced to play 1800DPI or less with my Razer mouse because I dislike the additional smoothing delay beyond that value. I wanted to compare the feel of both mice at same DPI and polling rate so yesterday, I set my Razer for 12k 1,000Hz and played with it that way all day and night right up until the G502 arrived. As expected, at 12kDPI & 1,000Hz, the G502 does not feel delayed like Razer does at 12k and feels as snappy as the Razer does at 1800DPI or less which means that the G502 seemingly delivers on the promise to maintain the bare minimum 2frames of smoothing at max DPI. With my Razer mice I had to choose between DPI resolution or latency but with the G502 I am now able to enjoy high DPI resolution without sacrificing latency or vice-versa makes this purchase a win/win. I now understand why this is the preferred gaming mouse for use with XIM. I'm hyper-sensitive to latency and for me the difference is night and day. The extra buttons are great too. It's worth mentioning that the scroll wheel rattles and the cable is a bit thick but the superior performance or the G502 more than makes up for it.

It now is apparent to me that Razer's Basilisk is directly competing with the G502. The form factor between the two feels nearly identical. The Basilisk felt sluggish when dealing with heavy aim-assist at high DPI levels due to the additional forced smoothing @6.4ms but surprise surprise at max DPI the G502 cuts through it like a hot knife cuts through butter with that sweet sweet 2frame .4ms delay. It's so great. Love it. The glide is better on my Basilisk but to be fair I haven't used a mouse that has bested it in that category. Some 3rd party mouse skates might change that though.

I'll prob stick to the lighter Deathadder or Basilisk for PC gaming which is fine because I rarely play with DPI higher than 450 on that end but the G502 is my new fav mouse for use exclusively with XIM @12kDPI // 1kHz and that's exactly what it was purchased for.

You're going to love it!

It's a nice mouse but it's heavy and shape is very subjective. There are other 3360 sensor based mice that will rock the house as much as the G502 IMO. Including others by Logi and other makers. Losing the 30grams from the G502 was like an awakening for me at least

Online BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:17 PM - 04/15/18 »
i got one today from target. its $45 on targets app and they price match in store if you show them the app on your phone.

but i had to return it. it was defective and it was there last one. it was rapidly flicking on and off and 2 diff windows pcs and logitech software couldn't connect to it long enough to recognize it.

but i really like the sniper button as an extra button and the scroll left and right as extra buttons. i liked the premium cord and the metal scroll wheel.

but yea it seems super heavy and kinda feels like it doesn't glide well on my cloth mat. also it seems like the scroll wheel rattles when you make fast swipes with it???

im gonna stick with my rival mouse for now. but i wish there was a lighter mouse that has the sniper button and side scroll buttons like on the g502