XIM Community

Please update the Fortnite battle royale controller scheme to "Builder Pro"  (Read 3762 times)

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
So far I have tried both of them - 1 setting up a aux config - 2 just using the secondary key bindings.

So with option 2. in my primary my fwd and bck button are set to Y harvest and X reload/interact, in the build option its LB/RB which place floor and roof, so I have pressed the 3 dots in the manager, brought up the secondary keys and set the LB/RB to my fwd and bck button on my mouse.  But when I play the game I press B to build press fwd to place a floor and it just switches to my harvest tool or another weapon.

With option 1 I will need to try again to insure that I followed the instructions correctly, but this did not seem to work either, but as I said I'm going to try this again.

Once again thanks for all of your guys help.

Cheers

Try adding a 100ms delay to the activation of the auxiliary config

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
This worked well for me. I also had to remove any bindings for the build button on my build auxiliary

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I'm looking at this now for the next batch of STs. I don't see anything to change for this request as the combat actions are what we list in Manager and these are the same for both combat pro and builder pro. We can only list one action for each button. Could someone fill me in with what the request is for?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
Builder pro is clunky and confusing for mk and kb Iím sure a new st help make it a lot better

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Could you describe how it's clunky?

The look mechanic is the same, which is what the ST would take care of. The button layout action names that I would choose is also the same between combat pro and builder pro. The difference between these modes is how building works, which the ST and preset action names listed in Manager do not have control over.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
mist4fun,

This thread got all mess up, but in a nut shell:

• New users were think or wishing to have on the ST a direct one button press Wall, Floor and Stairs, that is not possible/supported by XIM Manager, those are functions that requires button presses in the game, that was clarified
  • Some fellas point out that there is no need to change anything on the ST because keybinds are only generic labels for the buttons actions, you can use the one we have for any control layout
  • It was discussed to use an auxiliary Sub Config for Building so they can assign actions, (by default uses mouse buttons) on different keys but as was pointed out this is unnecessary complex and non efficient. Secondary key binds are recommended instead

So yeah, even I got confused what this thing was about and I play the game and have experience with XIM Manager.

Hope it helps.

People, there is no need of change the labels of the button actions to a particular control layout, and XIM manager can't create a one button for building.

UPDATE: Ups forget it, you already got it hehe.
« Last Edit: 06:11 PM - 04/23/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Ventus R - Hyper XL

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Turbo Instant-Build Script @ Titan Two Forum

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Oh the one button building was the request. Another thing I thought might be asked for is to fix how the sensitivity increase while placing objects that use the left trigger button. The ST and button presets couldn't fix this however because that button shares aim down sight so this will be activated each time the button is pressed or held. The fix for this would be to remove the ADS page from the config which would remove your ability to adjust your aim down sight sensitivity.

If alan and I missed anything please let me know, I'll wait until tomorrow to make changes.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
Any updates on the new st

Offline Khaled87

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khaledm87
The fix for this would be to remove the ADS page from the config which would remove your ability to adjust your aim down sight sensitivity.

Thatís how mainly everyone using the Builder Pro is dealing with it for now.

But there can be a better solution: make it possible to activate the aux profile by just tapping a button, and not only as it is now, by holding it.
If we can just get into an aux profile each time we press the building button, this whole problem would be fixed!
But itís not possible for now because of the way the aux activation behaves.
While in Building mode, I canít have the the building button, which is the same as the activation key of the profile, to keep it pressed/toggled/held, while building - it will mess everything up.
So the developers might really consider to add a new behavior of activating the aux profile - by a simple one button tap.

In that solution, We will benifit as well from the ADS profile!
Thanks!!
« Last Edit: 11:16 PM - 04/25/18 by Khaled87 »
XBOX One | XIM APEX | Corsair K70 RBG rapidfire | Logitech G502 - 12k dpi 1000Hz | Mousepad: Corsair M300

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
The fix for this would be to remove the ADS page from the config which would remove your ability to adjust your aim down sight sensitivity.

Thatís how mainly everyone using the Builder Pro is dealing with it for now.

But there can be a better solution: make it possible to activate the aux profile by just tapping a button, and not only as it is now, by holding it.
If we can just get into an aux profile each time we press the building button, this whole problem would be fixed!
But itís not possible for now because of the way the aux activation behaves.
While in Building mode, I canít have the the building button, which is the same as the activation key of the profile, to keep it pressed/toggled/held, while building - it will mess everything up.
So the developers might really consider to add a new behavior of activating the aux profile - by a simple one button tap.

In that solution, I will benifit as well from the ADS profile!
Thanks!!

hey the aux actually works, you need to visit that topic again and someone found a solution to working it.
the only problem is it's a little bit risky running that setup because sometimes it will get confused and won't go back to original hip or wont fully switch to aux, it's just a little unpredictable.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Magaritos
Or you could just add a secondary LT/L2 button in the Xim Manager. That button would be used to build your ramps, and you retain everything else you love about your previous setups.
Xbox One
Logitech G502
Corsair Vengeance K65

Offline matthewk85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
Or you could just add a secondary LT/L2 button in the Xim Manager. That button would be used to build your ramps, and you retain everything else you love about your previous setups.
That's all I've done, pretty seamless transition from Combat pro to Builder pro. Get used of it pretty quick.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Nice, a dedicated ramp key. That's an even better solution.

Offline Khaled87

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khaledm87

Canít miss the ease and simplicity of using right mouse click as a ramp button.
Maybe only binding it to another mouse button, could be partially good.
 But if u bind to keyboard, then itís gonna be clunky, giving up one of ur movement fingers while ramping.

So still, would prefer to give up the ADS profile for thr possibility to use right mouse as a ramp.

The ultimate solution would be enabling to activate/deactivate an aux profile with only a tap - without the behavior of keeping the activating button pressed/hold while in the profile.

With that profile, the right click mouse would ramp, and not unintentionally activate ADS. Moreover, you can set a higher sensitivity for building!

Would love to know in a sidenote from the experts/developers what Iím missing NOT using the ADS profile, while adsing in-game.
It has been mentioned before, but would love to hear an in-depth explanation.

Cheers
XBOX One | XIM APEX | Corsair K70 RBG rapidfire | Logitech G502 - 12k dpi 1000Hz | Mousepad: Corsair M300

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Magaritos
Not sure that I have any loss of movement by placing a second LT key on my keyboard. Itís set to ď3Ē. You could make it X, C, Or V and your thumb would be used to press it making a quick jump from space bar.

However I find you need to jump when building a 1 by 1..
Xbox One
Logitech G502
Corsair Vengeance K65