XIM Community

Please update the Fortnite battle royale controller scheme to "Builder Pro"  (Read 3764 times)

Offline warning634

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: warning634
Guys itís literally just enter build mode, and then tap and hold the button for turbo building. No more need for macros. And itís not only for controller users. Xim uses benefit from this new control scheme as well.
Iím going to use left click right click for the stars and wall and back mouse button for the floor peice. You just tap and hold to build. That simple. No need to double tap them. No need for the macros anymore.

Right???? No?

Is there a fortnite update on xim, to use this into your manager config? You cant do this in the normal cfg btw.

And why canít you ?????

You CAN. thereís literally nothing stopping you from using the current config.
Just map whatever you want RT, LT, LB and RB to. You gotta click the three dots on the bottom in the buttons set up, in the xim apex manager and click the right arrow and you get a whole 2nd page of key binds you can use.

I canít wait this is going to be literally perfection.

Guys, this is assuming youíre on the brand new Fornite Builder Pro controller layout thatís coming out in the next patch.

I honestly donít understand how and why anyone is confused by this whole thing.

Iím having issues with this as well, unless Iím missing something. I shoot with my left mouse button (right trigger on controller) and zoom with my right mouse button (left trigger on controller). Since walls and stairs are also left and right trigger, Iím forced to use left and right mouse clicks for walls and stairs.

You aren't forced to use it. Use a secondary key bind if you don't want to use left and right click.  Or make an auxiliary profile to enter some type of custom build mode.

Hi

So how can I assign two buttons on my mouse to do a different action once Iím in the build mode???? So fwd will do reload in combat and once in build it will then place a floor and the back button will change it to my harvest tool and in build mode will place a roof.

The buttons that I have assigned for R/t and L/t will work for both combat/build format.  But I have assigned my bumpers to the scroll wheel, but I donít wonít to use these same buttons to build floors and roofs!

Please can you explain how this is done!??

Many thanks

Thanks
Xbox One X
Xim Apex
Razer DeathAdder Elite
FragFX FragChuck
Roccat SOVA Lapboard

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
Hi

So how can I assign two buttons on my mouse to do a different action once Iím in the build mode???? So fwd will do reload in combat and once in build it will then place a floor and the back button will change it to my harvest tool and in build mode will place a roof.

The buttons that I have assigned for R/t and L/t will work for both combat/build format.  But I have assigned my bumpers to the scroll wheel, but I donít wonít to use these same buttons to build floors and roofs!

Please can you explain how this is done!??

Many thanks

Thanks

I have not played fortnite since the new builder update.  I'm also not at a place where I can open up the XIM manager.  But I'm guessing you could enable expert mode on xim.  Swipe right and make an auxiliary config, uncheck inherit, check toggle, choose a button to start/end this config (I'm assuming the build button).  You then should have a clean template to map your buttons when you are in this mode.  I had to do this a few weeks ago.  I made an auxiliary config when I'm looking at the map so I can still use right/left click to place/remove pin.  It seems fortnite changed the map view buttons a few weeks ago.
« Last Edit: 03:48 PM - 04/13/18 by Pick-Six »

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
I have not played fortnite since the new builder update.  I'm also not at a place where I can open up the XIM manager.  But I'm guessing you could enable expert mode on xim.  Swipe right and make an auxiliary config, uncheck inherit, check toggle, choose a button to start/end this config (I'm assuming the build button).  You then should have a clean template to map your buttons when you are in this mode.  I had to do this a few weeks ago.  I made an auxiliary config when I'm looking at the map so I can still use right/left click to place/remove pin.  It seems fortnite changed the map view buttons a few weeks ago.

No. Auxiliary mode doesnít work for entering building mode, because you TAP build mode and you donít HOLD build mode. When you HOLD build mode (necessary for aux profile) it messes up and thinks your trying to edit something.

Listen up. If you people want to build walls and stairs on something other than LT RT, whilst still wanting to SHOOT AND AIM separately, you need to click the three dots and go to the SECONDARY key binding page and set LT AND RT, to literally ANYTHING else you want those buttons to be to build!!! Itís that easy people.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
Guys itís literally just enter build mode, and then tap and hold the button for turbo building. No more need for macros. And itís not only for controller users. Xim uses benefit from this new control scheme as well.
Iím going to use left click right click for the stars and wall and back mouse button for the floor peice. You just tap and hold to build. That simple. No need to double tap them. No need for the macros anymore.

Right???? No?

Is there a fortnite update on xim, to use this into your manager config? You cant do this in the normal cfg btw.

And why canít you ?????

You CAN. thereís literally nothing stopping you from using the current config.
Just map whatever you want RT, LT, LB and RB to. You gotta click the three dots on the bottom in the buttons set up, in the xim apex manager and click the right arrow and you get a whole 2nd page of key binds you can use.

I canít wait this is going to be literally perfection.

Guys, this is assuming youíre on the brand new Fornite Builder Pro controller layout thatís coming out in the next patch.

I honestly donít understand how and why anyone is confused by this whole thing.

Iím having issues with this as well, unless Iím missing something. I shoot with my left mouse button (right trigger on controller) and zoom with my right mouse button (left trigger on controller). Since walls and stairs are also left and right trigger, Iím forced to use left and right mouse clicks for walls and stairs.

Youíre not forced to use those buttons.

Create secondary keybinds in the xim app manager. Located under the theee dots and click the right arrow to reveal a secondary keybinds page.

Set any button to anything you wish. You want the LT AND RT to be backspace and scroll wheel down? Set it. That easy.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
Sorry if this is going to sound dim, but I'm very new to using the Apex.

I'm playing fortnite on my xbox one x, once I'm in the apex app to map the buttons, am I correct in thinking that there is no mapping option to directly assign stairs, walls, floors and roofs to a button, as there is not a sub/build option (I don't know if that makes sense) all you have is build and then switch through your options, maybe once its updated in the apex manager, it will have the assigned buttons to re map? LT - RT - LB - RB

I'm using a fragchuck, so I would like to have walls L/trigger, stairs L/bumper and floors and roof on the fwd/back buttons on the mouse, but they are already assigned to other functions, so how would I do this?

Thanks

In all of your buttons key binding page in the xim app manager, youíll go all the way down until you see three dots. Click the dots and click the right arrow.  Youíll see now a brand new page of secondary key binds. Set anything you want those LT RT LB RB to. What ever you wish.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Magnetos hate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Magaritos
Just throwing in 2Ę here.

After the servers finally came up I was able to get a few good hours in yesterday with the Builder Pro configuration.

My thoughts in a nutshell are: itís a much more efficient way to build, and once you gain a bit of muscle memory for it youíll no doubt be outbuilding yourself when you used Combat Pro.

Tweaks I had to make for the config: not a whole lot, I already have secondary key binds set for LB and RB (Q, E, as well as Mouse Forward and Mouse Back), the ONLY CHANGE I needed to make was adding a secondary keybind for LT. the reason being that if youíre like me and wish to turbo build stairs while maintaining your hip sensitivities youíll want a secondary keybind for your stairs button (LT) that wonít initiate your ADS profile, which your right click will do. I created the secondary keybind to 3. It works well, very well, indeed.

For those thinking you HAVE to press your button twice (once to switch to the desired build and once to build it) you donít, you can hold the button down and it will switch then begin to turbo build whatever youíve chosen.

The only thing I noticed which Iím sure will be fixed on Fortnites part soon is the fact that if you switch to build mode and immediately attempt to build stairs you may very briefly enter an ADS mode but it remedyís fairly quickly. The only thing is that will stop your sprint.

Anyways, thereís the 2Ę fwiw.
Xbox One
Logitech G502
Corsair Vengeance K65

Offline ithinkfit

• View Profile
Literally, the only thing I had to change was adding a secondary binding for left on the D-pad so I could change material/special build (trap, launch pad, etc) without having to hit left arrow on my keyboard. I made it Caps lock on secondary. 

Not sure why people are making this a difficult thing.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile

No. Auxiliary mode doesnít work for entering building mode, because you TAP build mode and you donít HOLD build mode. When you HOLD build mode (necessary for aux profile) it messes up and thinks your trying to edit something.

Listen up. If you people want to build walls and stairs on something other than LT RT, whilst still wanting to SHOOT AND AIM separately, you need to click the three dots and go to the SECONDARY key binding page and set LT AND RT, to literally ANYTHING else you want those buttons to be to build!!! Itís that easy people.

You donít have to tell me how to use Xim manager. You donít have to hold down a button for an auxiliary page to work you can toggle it. I know all about secondary keybinds too. This dude asked how he could make his mouse forward/back work when he is building. He already has it bound to something else when he is not building. This was a different question than most people here are asking.
« Last Edit: 03:50 PM - 04/13/18 by Pick-Six »

Offline Torderro

• View Profile

You donít have to tell me how to use Xim manager. You donít have to hold down a button for an auxiliary page to work you can toggle it. I know all about secondary keybinds too. This dude asked how he could make his mouse forward/back work when he is building. He already has it bound to something else when he is not building. This was a different question than most people here are asking.

I tried creating a build mode toggle-able aux profile by entering build mode and having my build mode button be the activation button. for whatever reason, it did not work. No matter what I did, I couldnít get the profile to activate AND bring up build mode all in one button. And if I couldnít have it done in one button, I didnít think it was actually worth it.

If you can activate an aux profile with a whole brand new set of keys once activated (toggled) while having the activation key being your BUILD key, let me know how you did this.  Because I tried for 1 hour to make this work and it didnít work for me.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
Maybe a 100 ms delay when activating. I will try sometime this weekend. I just checked and I had to use a 100ms delay for my map pin drop config to work.  It may be very useful for some but not others.
« Last Edit: 05:38 PM - 04/13/18 by Pick-Six »

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
Maybe a 100 ms delay when activating. I will try sometime this weekend. I just checked and I had to use a 100ms delay for my map pin drop config to work.  It may be very useful for some but not others.

I tried the delay too. Maybe I didnít do exactly 100, but something was seriously preventing me from getting a whole building aux profile thing set up.

But it actually doesnít matter any more, I donít need the aux profile due to the brand new build scheme. Totally makes it 900x better to build itís a joke this wasnít in the game at the very very  beginning.

But just curious to see if you actually pull this aux profile off
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x

Xim noob here, does the secondary key binding work in tandem with primary?  I would like to have a different layout for combat and build mode. For instance, make it switch to secondary when I click build mode and switch back to primary when in combat mode. I couldn't find an option to be able to toggle from one to the other.

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aalsarram

Right???? No?

Completely right bro, I don't know why people making it complicated!

Just tap and hold! No need for double clicking or using macros.

Offline warning634

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: warning634

Guys thanks for all of the suggestions.

So far I have tried both of them - 1 setting up a aux config - 2 just using the secondary key bindings.

So with option 2. in my primary my fwd and bck button are set to Y harvest and X reload/interact, in the build option its LB/RB which place floor and roof, so I have pressed the 3 dots in the manager, brought up the secondary keys and set the LB/RB to my fwd and bck button on my mouse.  But when I play the game I press B to build press fwd to place a floor and it just switches to my harvest tool or another weapon.

With option 1 I will need to try again to insure that I followed the instructions correctly, but this did not seem to work either, but as I said I'm going to try this again.

Once again thanks for all of your guys help.

Cheers
Xbox One X
Xim Apex
Razer DeathAdder Elite
FragFX FragChuck
Roccat SOVA Lapboard

Offline Parzival

• View Profile
Epic still needs to work out a few issues with Builder Pro. When I'm building a reinforced ramp by alternating between stairs and walls as I'm running up the ramp, there will come a point where nothing will build even though I'm holding down right or left click. It seems that if you're switching between pieces quickly, the game sometimes doesn't detect that you're holding down the button and trying to build, and continues to do nothing until you've released the button and pressed it again. This is why for now, when I'm trying to quickly build, I double click into turbo building to make sure the game detects the switch and my intention to build. I've seen some YouTube videos also showcasing this problem, so hopefully Epic recognizes this as a problem and is working on a fix.