XIM Community

Footswitch as an extra button for Nav  (Read 726 times)

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
Footswitch as an extra button for Nav
« on: 06:57 AM - 04/10/18 »
Just bought a cheap and cheerful Sodial footswitch ... took ages to come from China.
It's just plug and play with Xim, comes pre-programmed to the letter "B" which would be ok for Nav users.
I'm using a G13 which has plenty of keys, but I like a footswitch for snipe/zoom ads in The Division, and this cheap switch works.

Just ordered a Scythe double switch as it looks as if it's built to last, will then use the Sodial for push to talk.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Footswitch as an extra button for Nav
« Reply #1 on: 07:13 AM - 04/10/18 »
Stinky Board also works on Xim. It's very heavy duty and can bind up to 4 buttons, however it's pretty noisy and you can't bind modifiers like Ctrl, Alt and Shift.

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:35 AM - 04/10/18 »
Yeah it's a solid build ... I already have one, but could never get used to using it as a 4 way with my foot on it, and it felt odd having one foot higher than the other.
A while ago I made an enclosure for it (posted it in member projects) so I could use it as a foot rest and hit the switches without accidental presses, that also quietened the sound btw
I stopped using that and then ended up using it as a 1 pedal switch ... but the thing is just too big lol.

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:07 PM - 04/11/18 »
So the Scythe USB Double foot switch just arrived, and when plugged in to my Xim4 it shows pedal one as "K1" and pedal two as "K2" ... it has onboard memory and can be changed to whatever you want.

Can be bought as a single/ double or triple Foot Switch, I'm using it because I like Sprint and Sniper ADS on a foot switch ... but for anyone with limited mobility the 3 pedal switch would open up extra options for them.

Posted this in case anyone is unsure of it working ... it does and it's a better option for me than the stinky.

Offline Grarrg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:02 AM - 04/12/18 »
Did these foot pedals replace your keyboard or mouse?

Or have you found a way to use keyboard, mouse and foot pedals?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:49 PM - 04/12/18 »
You just connect your stnky to port 4 of the xim hub lol oh there is no port 4. Get a 4 port usb 2.0 hub.
« Last Edit: 12:54 PM - 04/12/18 by roads »
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline PixelSquish

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #6 on: 12:56 PM - 04/12/18 »
Nice thread. Just ordered a scythe pedal to tie to sprinting in all my games. Sweet.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:00 PM - 04/12/18 »
Please post working hubs when you do.
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline PixelSquish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:08 PM - 04/12/18 »
Please post working hubs when you do.

This one should work

AmazonBasics 7 Port USB 2.0 Hub with 5V/4A Power Adapter

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:28 AM - 04/13/18 »
I've used this hub for years  http://www.belkin.com/hk/en/p/P-F5U407/

It works fine for me as I have no power worries ... never liked flashy lights when i game lol.
Setting a key on the Xim with the Scythe pedal is straightforward .. it just works. If you use a Stinky foot pedal you have to unplug the Stinky from the xim to be able to assign keys to your mouse and G13 and then plug the Stinky back in. I dont have to unplug the Scythe from the Xim to assign keys.

Offline PixelSquish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:11 PM - 04/13/18 »
my scythe single usb pedal is a few blocks away. i'm nerding out already!

Offline PixelSquish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:48 PM - 04/13/18 »
So the Scythe USB Double foot switch just arrived, and when plugged in to my Xim4 it shows pedal one as "K1" and pedal two as "K2" ... it has onboard memory and can be changed to whatever you want.

Can be bought as a single/ double or triple Foot Switch, I'm using it because I like Sprint and Sniper ADS on a foot switch ... but for anyone with limited mobility the 3 pedal switch would open up extra options for them.

Posted this in case anyone is unsure of it working ... it does and it's a better option for me than the stinky.

I can't change the keys to anything as all the software I am finding to download doesn't work

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:41 AM - 04/14/18 »
I didn't need to change the key as my G13 shows as a Joystick, so I didn't need to change key 1 and key 2.
I did download the software in case I needed to but haven't used it. It took a bit of searching but the software version needed for Windows 10 is "LaLa v 2.32"

I'll try to change the key later to see how it goes.

Offline PixelSquish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:23 AM - 04/14/18 »
I didn't need to change the key as my G13 shows as a Joystick, so I didn't need to change key 1 and key 2.
I did download the software in case I needed to but haven't used it. It took a bit of searching but the software version needed for Windows 10 is "LaLa v 2.32"

I'll try to change the key later to see how it goes.

I got it to work. the software that came with it was old but I found the LaLa 2.32 shortly after my post. My issue with the foot pedal is it doesn't activate as crisply as I want it to so far. I have to test it some more though. COnceptually it's pretty cool though.

Offline Au1d Yin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:15 AM - 04/14/18 »
You got it working ... good.

I read a lot about the software being crap, but I just tried it and it worked 1st time ... changed the 1 to a 3 and it stayed in the memory.

i know what you mean about the clunky feel, I'm using it as "hold to sprint" and it gives me more control turning corners. I'm more or less just holding it down most of the time, but I wouldn't want to use it as  a button bind for quick reaction stuff.
I'm using the second pedal on a sniper ads+zoom config and it feels great ... my aim is much more accurate by not having to hold down the right mouse ... and even if I release the pedal and zoom in again it feels way quicker than right click + scroll wheel to zoom .