XIM Community

RIP XIM4 USERS?  (Read 1742 times)

Offline joetomic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mapacho sandwich
RIP XIM4 USERS?
« on: 08:05 AM - 04/07/18 »
The 'Game Support' section has been killed for XIM4 users which is sad but understandable as it's hard to make money if people don't purchase the new thing.  However, if there are any XIM4 users who are still trying to use it and evolve their settings this is a bummer.  For example, I use a XIM4 for Pubg.  It's really the only reason I play the Xbox.  Recently, I came here to the forums to see if anyone had discovered a new ballistics curve or something/anything to improve the experience and everything is now Apex-centric.  There has to be a way to divide the have's and have nots.  I suggest adding a game support section for XIM4 users as starting point.  Abandoning the people who have supported this product/forum is a questionable approach at best.  And perhaps I'm just being ignorant and I missed some sticky post that explains the difference's between Apex curves and XIM4 curves and other info.  Regardless, I don't want just complain so much gratitude for all the work that's been done by this community to make this adventure happen and I suppose eventually I will get an Apex and I will leave the XIM4 behind like most of likely will.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: RIP XIM4 USERS?
« Reply #1 on: 08:15 AM - 04/07/18 »
But Obs is providing STs for ongoing new games for the XIM4 no?
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:27 AM - 04/07/18 »
Yes, XIM4 will continue to receive game support so long as games are made for its supported platforms.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:10 AM - 04/07/18 »
So whats the whining about then?
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:30 AM - 04/07/18 »
XIM4s game support section isnt gone, it has just been moved into the Apex section
both XIM4 and Apex will receive the same support for games and will require the same ingame settings, so just head into the Apex section to learn more about recent game releases

most config discussions are usually done in the general boards of Apex and XIM4 so people still have the option to discuss the latest PUBG configs or other stuff :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 11:44 AM - 04/07/18 »
Yes, that's correct, it was just moved to XIM APEX since it shares identical translators as XIM4. So, the discussions for both products will be similar. Translators supported 100% for XIM4.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Divising

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Guniy
« Reply #6 on: 11:38 AM - 04/08/18 »
why not just keep selling xim4's and supporting it this is a move Apple would pull

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:44 AM - 04/08/18 »
why not just keep selling xim4's and supporting it this is a move Apple would pull

xim apex does everything xim4 offers for less money plus a few more features on top
also xim4 will continue to receive support :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline neat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:47 AM - 04/09/18 »

xim apex does everything xim4 offers for less money plus a few more features on top
also xim4 will continue to receive support :)

Which is a shame since i bought my XIM4 a few months before the Apex dropped..

Offline TedRoc07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TedRoc07
« Reply #9 on: 12:08 PM - 04/09/18 »

[/quote]

Which is a shame since i bought my XIM4 a few months before the Apex dropped..
[/quote]

As did I, but I sold my XIM 4 on EBAY for the price of my APEX. Free upgrade

Offline BeansmokeCowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:24 PM - 05/03/18 »
Do APEX curves work with XIM4? If so, how can I make them work?

I've been using the default curve for PUBG for weeks, but with this most recent update, it feels horrible and I feel like I've got no recourse. I can't seem to use new curves with any games because the people making them are using XIM Apex now. I can't find a converter, or documentation explaining manual conversion of APEX curves/ballistics down to XIM4.

It would be wonderful for there to be a catch-all thread which explains to XIM4 users how to move forward in this new APEX era. If there is and I've missed it, I apologize, but I don't know where else to go so I'm asking here. I just got a new job and I've got bills to catch up on. You'd better believe I'd have bought an APEX otherwise, but until I can, I've gotta make this work, and I'm just so confused.

edit: I've found this:

https://ximconvert.000webhostapp.com/curvereverse.php

I'm gonna give it a shot and see what's good.
« Last Edit: 04:33 PM - 05/03/18 by BeansmokeCowboy »
XB1/PS4/PC/Switch | Logitech G502, Logitech G13 | I make XiM4 STs for Nintendo Switch games.

My Splatoon 2 XiM4 ST
Next on the list: DOOM
--

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:38 PM - 05/03/18 »

I've been using the default curve for PUBG for weeks, but with this most recent update, it feels horrible and I feel like I've got no recourse. I can't seem to use new curves with any games because the people making them are using XIM Apex now. I can't find a converter, or documentation explaining manual conversion of APEX curves/ballistics down to XIM4.

It would be wonderful for there to be a catch-all thread which explains to XIM4 users how to move forward in this new APEX era. If there is and I've missed it, I apologize, but I don't know where else to go so I'm asking here. I just got a new job and I've got bills to catch up on. You'd better believe I'd have bought an APEX otherwise, but until I can, I've gotta make this work, and I'm just so confused.

I think that converter only works to create Apex curves that were used on the XIM4. I don't think it can convert from Apex to XIM4, only XIM4 to Apex.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline BeansmokeCowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:12 AM - 05/04/18 »

I think that converter only works to create Apex curves that were used on the XIM4. I don't think it can convert from Apex to XIM4, only XIM4 to Apex.

you're thinking of

https://ximconvert.000webhostapp.com/curve.php

this is actually

which the creator of the original script seems to have posted as an option for XIM4 users to utilize XIM Apex curves (as best as XIM4 can muster, considering curves can't be as granular on XIM4)
XB1/PS4/PC/Switch | Logitech G502, Logitech G13 | I make XiM4 STs for Nintendo Switch games.

My Splatoon 2 XiM4 ST
Next on the list: DOOM
--

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:17 PM - 05/04/18 »

you're thinking of

https://ximconvert.000webhostapp.com/curve.php

this is actually

which the creator of the original script seems to have posted as an option for XIM4 users to utilize XIM Apex curves (as best as XIM4 can muster, considering curves can't be as granular on XIM4)

I wasn't aware that they made one for the XIM4 as well, thanks for the heads up.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline joetomic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mapacho sandwich
« Reply #14 on: 03:01 PM - 05/06/18 »
So whats the whining about then?

Itís not whining. The struggle is real. None of the curves on this forum work for xim 4. None of the links to translate apex curves work either. There is no place on this forum where curves are collected. Xim 4 support no longer exists.