XIM Community

Is dynamic synchronization possible?  (Read 604 times)

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Is dynamic synchronization possible?
« on: 12:14 PM - 04/06/18 »
I was thinking that if at Sync:"Off" you get the best responsiveness but the worst micromovement, while at Sync: "Common" you get great micromovement, and you feel the floatiness of a lower sync rate most on fast movements - would it be possible to have Xim recognize what kind of movements you're doing and change the sync rate accordingly? So if you're doing slower smaller movements it would sync at around 60 fpz and go up dynamically all the way to turning sync off at the fastest and twitchiest movement.

Would there be any benefit to this, would it require too much processing power, or would it even be possible?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Is dynamic synchronization possible?
« Reply #1 on: 12:24 PM - 04/06/18 »
It's a good idea. In fact, this is exactly what Smoothing does. After this Beta goes to Gold (which will be this weekend unless someone finds something that we weren't aware of :) then I'll experiment with a "Dyanmic" Synchronize setting. At first thought it may not work out well since it will require dyamic adjustment of sensitivity too, but, definitely worth an experimental build. :-)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:41 PM - 04/06/18 »
Woo! Can't wait to test it out.

Offline He-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:59 PM - 04/06/18 »
It's a good idea. In fact, this is exactly what Smoothing does. After this Beta goes to Gold (which will be this weekend unless someone finds something that we weren't aware of :) then I'll experiment with a "Dyanmic" Synchronize setting. At first thought it may not work out well since it will require dyamic adjustment of sensitivity too, but, definitely worth an experimental build. :-)

Could you clarify just a tick?  When you say that's what smoothing does, does it do it to balance both "off" and say, "common," to meet in the middle, or is it to adjust the synchronized settings?  Am I missing something altogether in your response?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 08:37 PM - 04/06/18 »
Smoothing is designed to have more impact on smaller movements.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Domenic.HRO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:57 AM - 04/16/18 »
Hello perhaps the days comes a apex beta firmware with dynamic synchronization?