XIM Community

I need a XIM Minigame - Sensfinder  (Read 1207 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: I need a XIM Minigame - Sensfinder
« Reply #15 on: 12:40 AM - 04/13/18 »
Its three, always three values to compare. Check the video.  Its just convenient, like a gift to the community. "hey guys now you can leave your pencil and paper away, no need to look up the math for each step, he XIM app will do that for you and set the sens while you just focus on testing the Sensitivities."

It would be just.. nice. I think we would really appreciate the gesture,
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #16 on: 02:18 AM - 04/13/18 »
Good luck with these 2 odin.

Guy makes a poll the other has an idea and all of a sudden they think they're the future.

How difficult is it to find a sensitivity that works for you? Trial and error until you're happy.

OK I agree the synchro names are a little obscure and that automatically scaling would be useful but it's not device breaking is it?

Zoink

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #17 on: 02:46 AM - 04/13/18 »
Good luck with these 2 odin.

Guy makes a poll the other has an idea and all of a sudden they think they're the future.

How difficult is it to find a sensitivity that works for you? Trial and error until you're happy.

OK I agree the synchro names are a little obscure and that automatically scaling would be useful but it's not device breaking is it?

Zoink

I have no difficulty finding the right sensitivity for each game/mouse either but then, like you, I've been playing around with two versions of the XIM for several years.
In his original post, Roads suggests that it would help n00bs to find their perfect sensitivities and there is clearly a need: look at all the posts asking for others to share their sensitivities!

IMO, if peeps just watched the Instructional Videos and Od1n's sensitivity vid then they wouldn't need to ask all the questions that they do, but hey, kids these days...  ;)

If Roads' simple suggestion was included in the Manager, I reckon a lot of new Apex purchasers would use it.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02:46 AM - 04/13/18 »
You know Frash, I have moved a lot back in the times and I am proud to have made the Xim just a tiny bit better. Even more annoying than Obsivs stubbornness and lack of feedback were people who just try to block new thoughts and ideas. I am happy you are not one of those, as at least you don't like the obfuscated names of the sync. Itís a start as you opinion also helps convince the man.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:54 AM - 04/13/18 »
@cbntlg, itís a bit about the noobs, a bit more to make XIM more cool and most my plain egoism. I just hate to pull out paper and pencil and push buttons in the App if the machine can do that easily for me and I can concentrate on how the sens feels. I always also think about how difficult this may be to program. If it would be on the Xim I would not ask for it. Its brutal machine code programming there and minuscule memory to work with. On the Iphone its lietrally a couple of hours of work for a good programmer.
Obsiv and O1n felt one thing when making the video a 100% sure: they did find the time between the sens testing was too long. The choice which sens is better is much easier when you can switch the sens in a split second. If you have to go to the manager and you have to fiddle with you sens numbers it just takes too long especially for the fine tuning when it is really hard to distinguish which sens is better.

Offline UnbeatableSwag

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: UnbeatableSwag
« Reply #20 on: 08:19 AM - 04/13/18 »
I feel u 1000% roads. This is one of the first initial thoughts I had when trying this product.. It's hard to fine tune exactly even with 0d1ns method....  every time u try it you already forgot what the last sense felt like by the time u do the math problem 😁😂
Maybe I just suck at judging if the sense is good for me lol

If you cut the going back and forth between phone/ game as much and purely focus on how the sensitivity feels it would be awesome.
This is especially frustrating in games like fortnite where u don't have a whole lotta time to test sensitivity due to the storm and

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08:27 AM - 04/13/18 »
Yeah same here, I mostly make my aim too fast as Obsiv said in the video. You wanna look around fast and loose aim.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09:56 AM - 04/13/18 »
The video above only accounts for slow mouse movement!

I think after playing around to find my sensitivity I will play around with acceleration (ballistics) again. Don't want to beat that dead horse but there was a flawed ST years ago and Obs said after severe harassment over years (not kidding), it was a strongly accelerated. Many of us found it awesome. I should have kept that XIM Edge like that forever just to be able to remember it. Of course we didnít know the fixed version would get us back to a worse aim. Anyway I think it is pointless to use acceleration and change the curve from the sens you are used to play. You have to start much much lower. The sensfinder will show you. (video above)
Do the sensfinder in the video and finds the best aim on slow mouse speed, there are no fast flicks, no quick aim and shoot.
So I think the sensfinder must also find a way to find your best acceleration. It could do that by giving you a more and more rising acceleration curve. You could flic to a visible target on the edge of your screen to elaborate if the accel is good to you. This would be something totally new.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10:06 AM - 04/13/18 »
a simple f(x)=x^2*0.1 to f(x)=x^2*1 and even present some other curves that are shown in the ballistics tutorial.
While doing the accel one can also check if the slow mouse aim is still intact that was found with the slow sensfinder (video)

I think that would be fun to do. It would also dig out the full potential of the xim that is just lying around in your iphone/android.

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #24 on: 10:30 AM - 04/13/18 »
automatically scaling would be useful but it's not device breaking is it?

The thing is it would be ridiculously easy to do. I doubt it would take more than an hour to implement, and it would save users 10s of hours of explaining the concept to people that don't understand and don't read. I wonder how many posts complaining about the new firmware and sensitivity changes OBsIV will respond to before he realizes this fix would've prevented all of that.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:49 AM - 04/13/18 »
LOL guys back to topic. The Sensfinder. Now that I think of its possibility to deeply and quickly test accelerations without spending hours making ballistics, this feature would be really hot.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11:27 AM - 04/13/18 »
the problem is you cannot find your perfect sensitivity in a combat scenario, sometimes you will fight on longrange, sometimes up close or inbetween
or even worse you already played a few hours means you got used to a sensitivity that is not even close to your personal dexterity level
this will highly change how you perceive your xim sensitivity, there is no black or white that tells you "now you found your perfect sensitivity" when you do this in a combat scenario

the video i posted on the first page does this differently, you cannot screw it up as you do it in a controlled environment
and thats what i feel like the problem of this app could be, the outcome greatly depends on if the user adjusts the sensitivity during actual gameplay or when playing in the testrange (only the testrange will give you the true perfect sensitivity)

here a video with the same algorithm that explains it in a much greater detail on how you find your perfect sensitivity and why you want to use a testrange instead of actual multiplayer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRFWLJazYYo

(roads try the iostux video above, it includes everything you need to consider when trying to find your perfect sensitivity.
yes its not an app but until we have something like that this should greatly help you to find that sweetspot again)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:42 AM - 04/13/18 »
I would only do this on the testrange for sure. What do you think of the idea to have Ballistic curves to be tried in the minigame? I mean you are a used to your sens playing for 20+ years but wouldnít even you test your sens with such a minigame from time to time? And ballistics just to see that acceleration is not for you.

will check out the vid later.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11:46 AM - 04/13/18 »
As programming such a minigame costs money and Obsiv would likely have to pay for it.  What about charging for it in-app? I would pay 5$ for it any time.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11:52 AM - 04/13/18 »
yes its definitely interesting, maybe an option in the beginning asks you if you would like to consider using ballistic curves "Yes/No"
but the question is what kind of ballistic curves, which curves should it cycle through or slightly alter with each iteration?
further questions would be needed like "would you like to try ballistic curves for faster turnspeeds?"

the average humans dexterity level usually requires him/her to run very low mouse sensitivities for the "perfect mouse accuracy", like ~35cm per 360į
so yes i think a large share of people would be confused as they would ask themselfs how they should turn around quickly with such a low sensitivity and their ~25cm mousepads
(in general i recommend a larger mousepad here, but a ballistic curve could also do it!)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum