XIM Community

[XIM2] PS3 Move Navigation Controller - Working driver for Xim  (Read 44849 times)

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
Re: PS3 Move Navigation Controller - Working driver for Xim
« Reply #30 on: 02:01 PM - 10/13/10 »
Nice work Crosscrucial, works straight away on my Vista 32bit laptop top, refusing to work so far on my Win7 x64 desktop though ... anybody else got it working in Win7 x64?? I might be doing something obvious wrong, but would be surprised, got it working first time on the laptop.

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02:15 PM - 10/13/10 »
Nice work Crosscrucial, works straight away on my Vista 32bit laptop top, refusing to work so far on my Win7 x64 desktop though ... anybody else got it working in Win7 x64?? I might be doing something obvious wrong, but would be surprised, got it working first time on the laptop.

I've had others test it on Win7 64 successfully. How far do you get on your x64 system?

These are the instructions I gave someone on Motionjoy

Uninstall both devices that show up in the device manager for the controller (HID Compliant Game Controller AND HID INPUT DEVICE) you'll have to unplug and replug in the controller to get both of them. This will bring you back to square one.

Now when you plug the controller in, go to Control Panel> Printers and Devices. Right Click on the Navigation Controller. Go to Hardware tab. Leave the "HID Compliant Game Controller" part alone. Click the "Input Device" listing. Click Properties. Go to driver tab. Click Update Driver. Browse my computer. Let me pick location. Have Disk.

Make sure you are administrator and uac/driver signing checking is all disabled.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02:58 PM - 10/13/10 »
Thanks CrossCrucial I was being dense, was the driver signing ... did the old f8 malarky and it worked. Love it, though I've noticed that it seems to cause my aim/reticule to skip around a bit makes me miss a few shots... anyone else noticed this yet? If it wasn't for this it would be pretty much perfect!

:)

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05:57 PM - 10/13/10 »
Thanks CrossCrucial I was being dense, was the driver signing ... did the old f8 malarky and it worked. Love it, though I've noticed that it seems to cause my aim/reticule to skip around a bit makes me miss a few shots... anyone else noticed this yet? If it wasn't for this it would be pretty much perfect!

:)

You are using it for aiming???

If you mean it's making you walk around erratically, make sure you calibrate it in the control panel. Also make sure to not play voice chat through the headset connected to the xim controller (Select chat thru speakers only) as that has been known to cause the symptoms your talking about.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12:08 AM - 10/14/10 »
Lol no, I'm using it for movement but it seems to have had an impact on the mouse/look input, is odd the reticule seems both much faster and randomly moves/skips. Will alter the voice chat option thiugh, tbh I actually have all non-friends muted (and no friends were online) and my Mic was unplugged last night
« Last Edit: 12:14 AM - 10/14/10 by pulpbiggles »

Offline ABigDeal

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ABigDeal Gaming
  • Gamertag: ABigDeal
« Reply #35 on: 01:23 AM - 10/14/10 »
has anyone tried this with killzone 2?? whats it like?? thinkin of buying a ps3
A.K.A QnUP2C
Twitch TV Abigdeal Gaming - LIVE STREAM
Abigdeal Gaming - Personal Youtube Channel
Origin: abigdeal

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03:50 AM - 10/14/10 »
I would recheck your config. reconfigure the xim and maybe change USB ports around

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:30 AM - 10/14/10 »
Will do, I'll let you know what happens. I can't see how it should have that impact, (the Move controller on the mouse look) but something was definitely going on ... probably just a coincidence that I noticed it then. Cheers for the help though, and the movement control using the analog stick is much better than the old WASD (or in my case ASD and Mouse2!)

Cheers  ;D

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12:06 PM - 10/14/10 »
Re-calibrated Xim and played some MoH this afternoon and whatever it was seems to be gone - happy days. So straight forward to get running and is a big improvement to have analog over WASD (well for me it is).

Massive thanks CrossCrucial.

;D

Offline Stylez025

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04:55 PM - 10/14/10 »
Can this be done with the xim1? Because for the tabs in the top left the only option I see is "MouseKeyboard". There is no option for "Joystick"

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #40 on: 08:16 PM - 10/15/10 »
yay. it works!
got here quick too. ordered from Amazon and arrived in one day without having to pay the extra since Fedex has Sat delivery and they just prefer to deliver it on Friday night... hail Fedex!

thanks for the driver Crucial!

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12:30 AM - 10/16/10 »
Can this be done with the xim1? Because for the tabs in the top left the only option I see is "MouseKeyboard". There is no option for "Joystick"

Think I've got my xim1 in a draw with a blazepro, so I'll see if it does.

Slayer, it works really well doesn't it, could do with perhaps one button more but is still a massive improvement in terms of control. Does the nav device have motion control like the nunchuk? If anyone ever got that element working then that could free up some buttons.
« Last Edit: 08:24 AM - 10/16/10 by pulpbiggles »

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #42 on: 03:05 PM - 10/16/10 »
I also have a generic PS3 controller driver which MAY work with it but I haven't tried it with it yet.
http://www.motioninjoy.com/

Unfortunately the last time I tried it with a DS controller the motion sens was way TOO sensitive making the motion completely unusable... if they did a deadzone setting with it it may be usable. til then, not so much...

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03:02 PM - 10/17/10 »
Couldn't get my xim1 working, think the blazepro is dead - always was fussy. Any one else able to try?

Offline toon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06:26 AM - 10/27/10 »
Got my self a Nav controller too :)
I must say that it's a realy nice device.
Clearly the fact that you can control your walking speed is a big plus with the stick.
I'm forcing my self to use the nav the first matches i play so i can get used to it.
Old skool PC gamer need's to adjust his game  ;D
If it get's frustating i go back to my Fang,but i hope i dont't have to go back in the end.

CrossCrucial thx for the driver. +1