XIM Community

[XIM2] PS3 Move Navigation Controller - Working driver for Xim  (Read 45843 times)

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
I run windows 7 X64. So running this is a royal pain in the butt with having to restart to disable driver signing.

really wish Sony would just create PC support drivers and get them certified.

Somehow it let me install the driver without the sig and without driver signing disabled. now when i restart it just stays installed and says nothing about the sig/// on 64 bit window 7. I tried it last month and i couldn't get it to work without restarting etc. now it runs perfect?! for some reason...
BFH

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
I run windows 7 X64. So running this is a royal pain in the butt with having to restart to disable driver signing.

really wish Sony would just create PC support drivers and get them certified.

Somehow it let me install the driver without the sig and without driver signing disabled. now when i restart it just stays installed and says nothing about the sig/// on 64 bit window 7. I tried it last month and i couldn't get it to work without restarting etc. now it runs perfect?! for some reason...

lucky
I am Spartacus!

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
I always run Win7 x64 in "Test Mode" with UAC completely disabled. Have never had a problem with the drivers.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
really wish I could use Nav on my pc to replace movement.
I am Spartacus!

Offline fragoroc

• View Profile
Sorry for the necro-post, but as I found this page through google I thought I would explain how to get past the signed driver enforcement on windows 7 x64. There are a number of methods that use to work, but since SP1 the method via group policies or test mode no longer works. So after many hours of searching the best method I found was using a program called ReadyDriver Plus. Google it. It simply forces windows into the F8 menu and disables the driver signing automatically when the computer reboots by messing around with the boot sequence.

Anyway, awesome driver, I hope to test the nav controller on my PC before I order my Xim!

-frago

Offline CrossCrucial

• View Profile
Sorry for the necro-post, but as I found this page through google I thought I would explain how to get past the signed driver enforcement on windows 7 x64. There are a number of methods that use to work, but since SP1 the method via group policies or test mode no longer works. So after many hours of searching the best method I found was using a program called ReadyDriver Plus. Google it. It simply forces windows into the F8 menu and disables the driver signing automatically when the computer reboots by messing around with the boot sequence.

Anyway, awesome driver, I hope to test the nav controller on my PC before I order my Xim!

-frago

Great catch. I'm getting my transfer cable soon and will see how the install process is now for all this when I use Xemulate again with the Nav Controller. I wasn't the best authority to answer necro posts in this thread, as I was an early adopter of a Xim3, hindering my ability to have my PC in the loop =). I would have to recommend,  to anyone who is looking for how to get the Nav Controller and mouse working on the 360, just to buy the Xim3.  Honestly, there is no alternative, it is as simple as evolution of the best product.

Offline GorgeHall

• View Profile
Can you suggest me how to use nav controller. I tried number of times but was unable to to use it. Can you provide a link that will help me for better understanding.

Offline Dice

• MVP
  • Another Australian
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DRYIYC
  • PSN ID: DRYIYC
Use the Move drivers with JoyToKey. Works a treat.
A controller is a handicap.
Can I be honest here -- you guys are starting to drive me a little nuts. Can I please just add the features we talked about and then you all *try* them and decide if you really need all this new stuff you are asking for now?

Offline skorch

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: t0ny cl1fton
  • PSN ID: cdf1970
Thanks for the drivers CrossCrucial.
I'm currently using the NAV w/ joytokey and a G700 mouse in bf3 and all is great except for a slight annoyance. When running forward I zigzag and have to keep adjusting to keep in a straight line. Seems like the issue is the deadzone is too small on the analog stick but there is no way to adjust it in windows.

Anyone have the same problem and found a workaround?

Offline skorch

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: t0ny cl1fton
  • PSN ID: cdf1970
Nevermind, found the setting in joytokey. Now I'm happy!