XIM Community

Performance Tweak - Equalization for High DPI (3366 Sensor Excluided)  (Read 4498 times)

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
  • "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
DISCLAIMER:

If you own a Logitech G303, G403, G502, G900, G Pro or any other mouse with the 3366 sensor then this is not for you, exactly however this is still an option.

The following insight has been shared for educational purposes only.. The methods used were tested on Razer mice with 3389 sensor. As much as 32frames of smoothing is added at high DPI levels which causes hard starts due to the additional 6ms of input delay. Just about every mouse adds a considerable amount of smoothing at extremely high DPI levels so using ballistics similar to these combined with below avg starting sens will help to equalize your device's built-in smoothing. (smooth out the smoothing? lol) This may be of some use for users who own mice that use large amounts of hardware smoothing at high DPI levels which unfortunately is just about all of them. I recently purchased a Logitech G502 and the 3366 sensor uses the baseline 2frames of smoothing at all DPI levels which makes this translation methodology completely irrelevant.

If you game at a DPI level below 1800 (up to 2100 on some devices) on any mouse without the 3366 sensor then this is unnecessary.

Obviously, the traditional method does work but it's apparent that the chain is incomplete and I believe that it is actually the backwards approach. It is the cause for so many performance breaking, pixel-skipping and targeting imperfections. 

Today I will be demonstrating an unorthodox, yet, extremely, effective method for designing a translation.

This is an inverse translation method that i believe actually to be a more precise way to translate.

It involves using a very extreme ballistic acceleration curve with an extremely low sens multiple. Sounds scary but I assure you that once you test this you will throw everything you thought that you knew about mouse translation out the window.

This produces a much more accurate feeling of raw input via a translation that feels snappy and has virtually zero performance gaps. You will still be able to achieve that 1:1 feel but even more so. Much closer to true raw mouse as it feels when gaming on PC games that support raw mouse. This is a vanila ballistic velocity adjustment that I refer to as an accelerant because it compacts from 0 - 100 which allows for a better aligned ST which provides an overall fidelity enhancement. It is just the glue that holds it all together. The missing link if you will. This is why it works the way that it does.

The ballistic is incredibly steep and it allows the user to utilize a more appropriate starting speed to eliminate hard starts from zero through better analog velocity matching. This should be apparent to anyone who is familiar with the feel of raw mouse aiming on PC provides. Your mouse output should feel smoother and more responsive out of the gate without preventing you from reaching your desired top-end speed. Overall the handling should feel natural and accurate.

Based off of how it performs and how it feels compared to true raw native mouse I believe this method to replicate this with a noticeably higher level of execution. The resulting superior performance doesn't lie. Aim assist ON / OFF doesn't matter because it handles everything better. This works with any game and makes configuring a breeze.

I used to achieve similar performance with my Titan One using Gtuner by setting my Mouse DPI to 16,000 and setting the Gtuner DPI to 1 then working in the hundredths & thousandths columns to the right of the decimal point and the results were far superior to any commonly practiced method of translation. I'm confident that this rendition of that is the catalyst that will begin to pave the way for an even better XIM experience for everyone.

Use Max mouse DPI @ 1,000Hz and set Smoothing to 20 and set Synchronization to DEFAULT

I have provided a sample CoD WWII [XB1] config designed for use @16,000DPI // 1,000Hz // Default Synchronization to give you an idea of how this works so you can gauge your approximate sens at your DPI level..

Even if you believe that you know EVERYTHING you should try this ASAP if you haven't before translated this way. You could also ignore, acknowledge and move on but you would only be hurting yourself. I've always invested thorough R&D time into my interests. This is an act of selflessness. Rather than keep these discoveries to myself, I believe in giving back to the sharing these findings so that we all can enjoy the benefits. Who know, the devs may be able to bake this into the device so that it occurs naturally which would make our traditional configs perform even better. We all benefit from exposure.. It is the fastrack to the next big breakthrough. Enjoy yourselves.

Use the same code for HIP and for ADS and make adjustments in .01 increments
Example adjustment: If sens = .63 and you wish to test higher then set to .64 next.

v1) 0% - 10% Divide your vanilla ST sens by 40 (Some smoothing may be required)

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAH0A+gF3AfQKcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

v2) 0% - 4% Divide your vanilla ST sens by 100 (little to no smoothing required)

X5BC:AAAH0A+gF3AfQKcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC

I would believe that I was playing the PC version using this configuration, If I didn't already know otherwise. It really does feel the way raw native feels on PC. I recommend that if you've tried disabling Aim Assist slowdown and rotation in the past but couldn't deal with it you should try it again on this config, at some point. It's fantastic.

XIM APEX is still in BETA and this should tip off the devs that a curve such as this needs to be implemented as the default ballistic so that the sens multiplier values can be set as usual. This is a more accurate representation of the way that a mouse swipe feels and performs from zero to one-hundred with raw-mouse output supported PC games. It performs better in-game with or without aim assist, with less effort and/or band-aids at the user-level. It shows that there is room for improvement and, as great as the XIM APEX is, it demonstrates that it is perfectly capable of reaching this level of performance. This provides the entire community with access to this information. It provides anyone who is involved in the development process the toolset to playtest and know exactly how it was achieved so that default behavior could be easily modified on the back-end in a future revision. That's the point.

Update #1:
Currently using these settings with NoSync and Aim Assist OFF. Diggin it.

Update #2
Evolution of Update #1 - Sens & Smoothing Adjustment + Sync-Free with AA - Disabled

Update #3 - v2 Ballistic + SLOW Sync with AA - Disabled

Here's a couple of demo-reels of my WWII gameplay using this velocity adjustment with Aim Assist Slowdown & Rotation completely disabled.
This was an enjoyable experience.. I actually played overnight through sunrise which is something that I seldom ever do anymore. I have never enjoyed playing a console game without Aim Assist until I began using this config and now I plan to always play it this way. I now believe that I will disable Aim Assist on any game that offers the option.

Your feedback is important so don't be shy and leave it all here.

Next Thread: Observations and Suggestions
[Insight] Introduction to Synchronization
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=64127.msg675310#msg675310

Previous Thread: Laying the Groundwork (Traditional Configuration Crafting)
[TUT] CONFIG CRAFTING PROTOCOL-CHAIN [READ THIS IF SEEKING ASSISTANCE]
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=63962.msg674199#msg674199

So are you saying to play without aim assist? Because in every console game I play when I turn aim assist off I still feel it but it feels worse?

Aim Assist works great by translating this way. Better in fact. So it doesn't matter if you use it or not. Due to the ballistic shift being utilized, this translation method works so much better that AA OFF performance is ridiculously better, as well compared to using the higher multiplier methods. It just feels on-point as it would if playing on PC.

Regarding the AA that you say that you feel even when it is OFF. You're feeling two things. WWII uses snap-to targeting that is always enabled. There is no way to disable it. Even with AA OFF on console shooters or on PC games that do not offer AA at all there is still a bubble around the player that requires a bit of accelerated force to break through in order to maintain tracking. There is also typically a hint of friction within that bubble. It's very subtle but it's there. A sloppier translation will have a much harder time tracking players due to the fact that the bubble is still in-play even when AA is disabled.

Now that's why I'm urging others to try AA-OFF using this translation method because disabling AA will expose the flaws of your config in obvious ways but this type of translation breaks into the AA-OFF bubble like a champ. So well that it feels like AA is still working when you initially make the turn to break into that bubble.. And if it handles AA-OFF so well then AA-ON will not be an issue either but there will be additional slowdown and auto-rotation.

I challenge everyone to setup an additional config using this method and dial itr in nice. Begin with AA-ON Test your snipes and LMGs ARs etc. for a match or two.. You will understand from the very first engagement so long as your sens is not set too high. Now, disable AA and you should still be playing very well.. You shouldn't even need to do this but just for fun.. Once you have the new config dialed in and you have  logged several matches switch back to your old config THEN share your feedback.

I had a custom curve in place but this one nails it on Overwatch . My aim assist and window size are both set at 30. I can still snap on a dime that the mechanics let's us do but while making very minsicule movements on the screen for micro adjusting. Thanks for posting this! Gonna spread this link around.

you are most welcome and thanks for backing my statements. this helps. and this will work for EVERY game because it matches the hardware behavior more appropriately..

I'm pretty sure off in the beta is actually the equivalent of the default Apex experience, not default.

YES. You are correct but I was stating that I have playtested the 120Hz setting with 60FPS titles thoroughly enough to comfortably recommend its usability.

For Beta:

OFF = Original APEX Vanilla FW (NoSync)
DEFAULT = 120cycles/sec
COMMON = 60cycles/sec
SLOW = 30cycles/sec

OMG @#$% God this is so good on overwatch!! I always felt overwatch being clunky but now it's Soo smooth thank you Soo much

I just tried this with Battlefield 4 and it absolutely feels better to me. My micro adjustments - such as when using FLIR on a DMR - are much more controlled. I am able to keep on a moving target better and get the multiple shots off for the DMR kill. This is something I've struggled with in the past. I'm going to try PubG next...

Thank you for this! I'm a programmer myself and I'm really curious as to what is going on under the hood here. If you are anywhere near Omaha, drinks are on me! :)

james

Thanks for this.

Apex has been great for me with COD WWII and Overwatch but Fortnite has been giving me fits. Tried this curve and your recommendations...this is the best Fortnite has felt to me.  Just wanted to post to say Thank You.

0.98 for both hip and ads...ads is soooo much better. Won 4 duos in a row this morning.
12,000 dpi...1,000hz...default...smoothing 20

Thank you for taking the time to potentially help the xim community to a huge degree i really appriciate all the time and effort you have put in here and will spend a day or so playing around with it and give the best feedback possible based on my experiences. Thanks again for not just keeping this too yourself.

I don't fully understand the science behind this curve but after trying MANY different settings for Fortnite this curve is a game changer for me....Close, Mid Range, Distance...all good.

It can't be just a simple sensitivity increase. This curve gives me a level of precision that I couldn't obtain before...at any range of engagement.

Rocking G502/hardpad  at 12,000/1,000hz, default, 0.98 for both hip/ads. and 20 smoothing for both. I can't imagine any better settings than these for fortnite...for me anyway.

Thanks again mjfame

You're welcome. I am fairly new to XIM but I had spent a couple of years working through translations via other devices ; lots of trial and error testing to better understand what must be done in order to more appropriately convert  controller to mouse.. What you have been experiencing is a byproduct of those efforts and it pleases me that our community will be enjoying it with me. BTW, you should try disabling controller AA whenever possible because it will now properly function and should perform even better than with it enabled.

here is my gameplay with this curve

THANKS FOR SHARING!

Please refrain from strapping on your know-it-all glasses and, for example: "attempting to argue over whether or not this is a scrolling line of text" because if you were to do so then that would signify that YOU (A) are a troll , (B) have completely missed the point , or both (A) & (B) ........ ..... ... .. .  The first Fruit Troll-Up might come FREE but I will not feed you another .... ... .. . There simply aren't enough to go around .... .... ... .. .   Furthermore ... .. . I couldn't care less ...... ..... .... ... .. . . . . . This is a waste of everyone's time .... ... .. .. . including YOUR OWN ...... .... ... .. . . .
« Last Edit: 02:07 PM - 04/21/18 by mjfame »
"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402

Logitech G403 // Logitech G502  // Razer Basilisk // Razer Deathadder Elite // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD) // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT)

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SkubaniecTSARGA
The acceleration is just the glue that holds it all together. The missing link if you will. This is why it works the way that it does.

This ballistic curve gives no acceleration, it only increases the sensitivity.

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
The acceleration is just the glue that holds it all together. The missing link if you will. This is why it works the way that it does.

This ballistic curve gives no acceleration, it only increases the sensitivity.

It's a vanilla curve but it's operating on an exponential scale. Therefore it technically is a sort of hybrid acceleration/deceleration in its purest form. We're tipping the scale by using a performance tweak that allows very extremely low sens which eliminates hard starts in favor of a smooth start outputs an overall performance that rivals PC-native raw mouse output. Like when using extremely high dpi and editing a game's config file to extremely low multiples when raw output is not natively supported. This method may be used to achieve this but should make it apparent that the current default output is not raw enough and that the default ballistic & sens multiple behavior needs to be adjusted to work this way on its own without the use of a ballistic curve.

For years, I've been working through my own x-over console mouse translation R&D projects with Titan One and for XIM. By closely monitoring translation behavior compared to analog and true native raw mouse output in comparison to console translations. I've handled the hard stuff and I've willingly shared my findings for everyone to enjoy with high hopes of this assisting the dev-team with future default performance improvements.

I realize that I have gotten off-topic but wanted to reinforce this statement.
« Last Edit: 05:08 PM - 03/31/18 by mjfame »

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Logitech G403 // Logitech G502  // Razer Basilisk // Razer Deathadder Elite // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD) // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT)

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
It's a vanilla curve but it's operating on an exponential scale. Therefore it technically is a sort of hybrid acceleration/deceleration in its purest form.

It looks linear rather than exponential.

If it's linear and goes through (0;0), then it's 1:1 with a different sensitivity.

For years, I've been working through my own x-over console mouse translation R&D projects with Titan One and for XIM. By closely monitoring translation behavior compared to analog and true native raw mouse output in comparison to console translations. I've handled the hard stuff and I've willingly shared my findings for everyone to enjoy with high hopes of this assisting the dev-team with future default performance improvements.

Don't forget to attach this to your CV.

Offline Meric1984

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Meric_1984
Obviously, the traditional method does work but it's apparent that the chain is incomplete and I believe that it is actually the backwards approach. It is the cause for so many performance breaking, pixel-skipping and targeting imperfections. 

Today I will be demonstrating an unorthodox, yet, extremely, effective method for designing a translation.

This is an inverse translation method that i believe actually to be the correct way to translate.

It involves using a very extreme ballistic acceleration curve with an extremely low sens multiple with max smoothing. Sounds scary but I assure you that once you test this you will throw everything you thought that you knew about mouse translation out the window.

This produces a much more accurate feeling of raw input via a translation that feels snappy and has virtually zero performance gaps. You will still be able to achieve the 1:1 feel but far closer to true raw mouse as it feels when gaming on PC games that support raw mouse. Best of all your not eliminating the acceleration, you're actually reinjecting it back into your translation, however, in this case the raw mouse data dominates the curve rather than the other way around. The acceleration is just the glue that holds it all together. The missing link if you will. This is why it works the way that it does.

Based off of how it performs and how it feels compared to true raw native mouse I believe this method to be more proper. The resulting superior performance doesn't lie. Aim assist ON / OFF doesn't matter because it handles everything better. This works with any game and makes configuring a breeze.

I used to achieve similar performance with my Titan One using Gtuner by setting my Mouse DPI to 16,000 and setting the Gtuner DPI to 1 then working in the hundredths & thousandths columns to the right of the decimal point and the results were far superior to any commonly practiced method of translation. I'm confident that this rendition of that will prove to do the same for XIM.

Use Max mouse DPI @ 1,000Hz and set Smoothing to 20 and set Synchronization to DEFAULT

I have provided a sample CoD WWII [XB1] config designed for use @16,000DPI // 1,000Hz // Default Synchronization to give you an idea of how this works so you can gauge your approximate sens at your DPI level..

Even if you believe that you know EVERYTHING you should try this ASAP if you haven't before translated this way. You could also ignore, acknowledge and move on but you would only be hurting yourself. I've always invested thorough R&D time into my interests. This is an act of selflessness. Rather than keep these discoveries to myself, I believe in giving back to the sharing these findings so that we all can enjoy the benefits. Who know, the devs may be able to bake this into the device so that it occurs naturally which would make our traditional configs perform even better. We all benefit from exposure.. It is the fastrack to the next big breakthrough. Enjoy yourselves.

Use this code for HIP and for ADS and make adjustments in .01 increments
Example adjustment: If sens = .63 and you wish to test higher then set to .64 next.

I would believe that I was playing the PC version using this configuration, If I didn't already know otherwise. It really does feel the way raw native feels on PC. I recommend that if you've tried disabling Aim Assist slowdown and rotation in the past but couldn't deal with it you should try it again on this config, at some point.

XIM APEX is still in BETA and this should tip off the devs that a curve such as this needs to be implemented as the default ballistic so that the sens multiplier values can be set as usual. This is a more accurate representation of the way that a mouse swipe feels and performs from zero to one-hundred with raw-mouse output supported PC games. It performs better in-game with or without aim assist, with less effort and/or band-aids at the user-level. It shows that there is room for improvement and, as great as the XIM APEX is, it demonstrates that it is perfectly capable of reaching this level of performance. This provides the entire community with access to this information. It provides anyone who is involved in the development process the toolset to playtest and know exactly how it was achieved so that default behavior could be easily modified on the back-end in a future revision. That's the point.

Might try it out.
But what do you mean with "Use this code for HIP and for ADS and make adjustments in .01 increments
Example adjustment: If sens = .63 and you wish to test higher then set to .64 next."

Or do I just have to copy paste your curve and use the sense I like?

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
But what do you mean with "Use this code for HIP and for ADS and make adjustments in .01 increments
Example adjustment: If sens = .63 and you wish to test higher then set to .64 next."

This curve multiplies your sensitivity by ~10, so if you want to change your sensitivity, you need to make your adjustments in small increments, because a sensitivity change of 1.00 with this curve feels like a change of 10.00 with the default curve.

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
So are you saying to play without aim assist? Because in every console game I play when I turn aim assist off I still feel it but it feels worse?

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile

Might try it out.

This means that a change of .01 sensitivity will be much larger than it would be with the default ballistic. You will need to manually enter the values rather than use the arrow buttons during the refinement period.

Or do I just have to copy paste your curve and use the sense I like?

Copy/Paste the curve and find the sens that feels best for your setup. Use the highest possible DPI and 1,000Hz. I have updated the OP by providing my latest settings with an explanation. The sensitivity is being used at 16,000 DPI // 1,000Hz with Ballistic applied to both Hip and ADS // Sync set to SLOW for both HIP and ADS. Whenever I adjust my HIP sense I multiply is by .625 then round up or down (depending on how low of a multiplier I am working with but either will work about the same) My HIP to ADS ratio is always approx .625 for this game.

If you are running a lower DPI then I am and you have your heart set on adapting my sens values to your setup then use the DPI calculator by following the provided link.

http://www.csgosetup.com/dpi-calculator/

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile

Aim Assist works great by translating this way. Better in fact. So it doesn't matter if you use it or not. Due to the ballistic shift being utilized, this translation method works so much better that AA OFF performance is ridiculously better, as well compared to using the higher multiplier methods. It just feels on-point as it would if playing on PC.

Regarding the AA that you say that you feel even when it is OFF. You're feeling two things. WWII uses snap-to targeting that is always enabled. There is no way to disable it. Even with AA OFF on console shooters or on PC games that do not offer AA at all there is still a bubble around the player that requires a bit of accelerated force to break through in order to maintain tracking. There is also typically a hint of friction within that bubble. It's very subtle but it's there. A sloppier translation will have a much harder time tracking players due to the fact that the bubble is still in-play even when AA is disabled.

Now that's why I'm urging others to try AA-OFF using this translation method because disabling AA will expose the flaws of your config in obvious ways but this type of translation breaks into the AA-OFF bubble like a champ. So well that it feels like AA is still working when you initially make the turn to break into that bubble.. And if it handles AA-OFF so well then AA-ON will not be an issue either but there will be additional slowdown and auto-rotation.

I challenge everyone to setup an additional config using this method and dial itr in nice. Begin with AA-ON Test your snipes and LMGs ARs etc. for a match or two.. You will understand from the very first engagement so long as your sens is not set too high. Now, disable AA and you should still be playing very well.. You shouldn't even need to do this but just for fun.. Once you have the new config dialed in and you have  logged several matches switch back to your old config THEN share your feedback.
« Last Edit: 10:28 PM - 03/31/18 by mjfame »

Offline Subwayeatfr3sh0

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Subwayeatfr3sh0
I had a custom curve in place but this one nails it on Overwatch . My aim assist and window size are both set at 30. I can still snap on a dime that the mechanics let's us do but while making very minsicule movements on the screen for micro adjusting. Thanks for posting this! Gonna spread this link around.

Offline PixelSquish

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
What would I set smoothing to if I'm at 3200dpi and 500hz polling?

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile

This is an inverse translation method that i believe actually to be the correct way to translate.

It involves using a very extreme ballistic acceleration curve with an extremely low sens multiple with max smoothing. Sounds scary but I assure you that once you test this you will throw everything you thought that you knew about mouse translation out the window.

This produces a much more accurate feeling of raw input via a translation that feels snappy and has virtually zero performance gaps. You will still be able to achieve the 1:1 feel but far closer to true raw mouse as it feels when gaming on PC games that support raw mouse. Best of all your not eliminating the acceleration, you're actually reinjecting it back into your translation, however, in this case the raw mouse data dominates the curve rather than the other way around. The acceleration is just the glue that holds it all together. The missing link if you will. This is why it works the way that it does.

Based off of how it performs and how it feels compared to true raw native mouse I believe this method to be more proper. The resulting superior performance doesn't lie. Aim assist ON / OFF doesn't matter because it handles everything better. This works with any game and makes configuring a breeze.

I used to achieve similar performance with my Titan One using Gtuner by setting my Mouse DPI to 16,000 and setting the Gtuner DPI to 1 then working in the hundredths & thousandths columns to the right of the decimal point and the results were far superior to any commonly practiced method of translation. I'm confident that this rendition of that will prove to do the same for XIM.

Use this code for HIP and for ADS and make adjustments in .01 increments

I would believe that I was playing the PC version using this configuration, If I didn't already know otherwise. It really does feel the way raw native feels on PC. I recommend that if you've tried disabling Aim Assist slowdown and rotation in the past but couldn't deal with it you should try it again on this config, at some point.

Aim Assist works great by translating this way. Better in fact. So it doesn't matter if you use it or not. But this translation method works so much better do to the ballistic shift that AA OFF performance is ridiculously better, as well compared to using the higher multiplier methods. It just feels on-point as it would if playing on PC.

you are most welcome and thanks for backing my statements. this helps. and this will work for EVERY game because it matches the hardware behavior more appropriately..

Offline Stylesb111

• View Profile
So are you using default or slow. You said you updated your original post but it still says default?

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
So are you using default or slow. You said you updated your original post but it still says default?

Synchronization hasn't been around long enough for me to make a statement such as the one i had left within that update. i'm a genuine individual and having not been satisfied with the amount of test data that had been generated to back it i felt that this was a hollow conclucion. second thoughts led me to believe that i updated prematurely and removed it as i did not want to mislead anyone with information that lacked more rigorous testing. i'm still uncertain if synchronization is truly beneficial or not.. need to continue to test all 4 settings with AA on or off on cod and on a few other games such as Halo, Garden Warfare & BF1 and a few 30Hz games rather thoroughly before i will even consider updating any solid insight in regards to sync because there's other factors to consider such as certain game's that implement internal tick-rates which may differ from framerate among other things at the user-level.

please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience.

Stick with Default for now since it's double the refresh @60FPS. i have played enough at this setting to say with confidence that it works very well. I would imagine that COMMON for 30FPS would offer nearly identical performance since it would also refresh at 2x the framerate of the game in use so i would use it in those scenarios.

Currently i'm testing OFF again since i haven't really used No-Sync since i was on official.
« Last Edit: 09:29 PM - 03/31/18 by mjfame »

Offline PixelSquish

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie

Synchronization hasn't been around long enough for me to make a statement such as the one i had left within that update. second thoughts led me to believe that i updated prematurely and removed it as i did not want to mislead anyone with information that lacked more rigorous testing. i'm still uncertain if synchronization is truly beneficial or not..  need to continue to test all 4 settings with AA on or off on cod and on a few other games such as Halo, Garden Warfare & BF1 and a few 30Hz games rather thoroughly before i will even consider updating any solid insight in regards to sync. please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience.

Stick with Default for now since it's double the refresh @60FPS. i have played enough at this setting to say with confidence that it works very well. I would imagine that COMMON for 30FPS would offer nearly identical performance since it would also refresh at 2x the framerate of the game in use so i would use it in those scenarios.

i'm testing OFF again since i haven't really used it since i was on official.

I'm pretty sure off in the beta is actually the equivalent of the default Apex experience, not default.