XIM Community

XIM APEX [FIRMWARE 20180402] [MANAGER 20180402] (**RELEASE CANDIDATE**) FEEDBACK  (Read 5709 times)

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
Upgraded smoothly and working great. Thanks for all the hard work XIM team :)
Zowie EC2-A @ 3200 DPI 500 Hz
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Blue LED Cherry MX Red Keyboard

Offline Swedge9187

• na h-Alba gaisgeil
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Swedge9187
Everything running fine here

I think alot of people's problems are due to not reading the patch notes and are too busy trying to get their settings back to what they had

Load up the new firmware/manager set your sync and smoothing then adjust your sensitivity as you play

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• Australian Youtuber 1.3k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
Ok my feedback so far i do really belive that for me the OFF setting is the best now this is subjective and only for Call of duty but i find that when i use OFF setting it feels more raw and responsive with a less magnet feeling whilst ads i tried the others and it allways felt like theres some force holding my aim were as the off setting i can push through it ive tested it on 4 cods now and keep getting the same result for me and my playstyle being a wrist user style OFF is my preffered setting. The easiest way to test is WW2 that game has soe of the craziest magnet feeling out of ALL of them try it on there in a custom match and after a few games and youl notice straight away the benifts of off obviously im useing 1000 hz alos with 3 smoothing dropped it form 7 as i found lowering it help battle magnet affect

Offline The prodigy

• View Profile
Just tried the new firmware , ADS key can be rebound now so that's great!  :)
Im currently using Slow & 125hz for max amount Aim Assist.  Really love the amount of customization options that we currently have.

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• Australian Youtuber 1.3k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
yeah i love it to really lets you chose what you want keep it up lads!

Offline BurningPlaydoh

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BurningPlayd0h
Across different games I've really tried to understand the subjective difference between the different sync settings.

Frankly, I'm not sensitive to really tell what's changing.  Could we get some more info on what it is doing and how we're likely to feel the difference.  I've seen claims of it changing how strong aim assist is which makes no sense to me given the brief description we've gotten of what the setting does.

Offline cesone

• View Profile
I've been upgrading every time a new firmware comes out with no issues at all. People you have to read the notes or you will be lost. Some members were even kind enough to post what the new settings mean compared to previous firmware's. I even took pictures of post with my phone I thought would be useful to me if I forgot what setting means what. Do the same guys believe me it helps.

To the XIM team , Keep up the good work ! 

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
After upgrading and changing syncro (default), so same settings as before upgrade I noticed that that my aiming changed in ww2 but a little added smoothing fixed it, bf1 is better then before, and yeah I am playing on 12k dpi and 1k hz....

Offline Fbomb

• View Profile
Questions, Obsiv.

What's the difference between lets say common(60fps) and OFF if they're both running at 1000hz. Is it the same when it comes to 1:1 or is OFF at 1000hz more 1:1 or just more responsive?

Does the sync rate affect aim assist?

Thanks. Runs great. Update if you haven't.
« Last Edit: 04:59 PM - 03/30/18 by Fbomb »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Questions, Obsiv.

What's the difference between lets say common(60fps) and OFF if they're both running at 1000hz. Is it the same when it comes to 1:1 or is OFF at 1000hz more 1:1?

This is all game dependent, hardware dependent, and how you game. The difference between Common and Off is your XIM APEX doesn't try any synchronization with your game's processing loop with Off. Meaning, at Common, switching to any Response Rate will work with the same single sensitivity you set. This isn't true for Off.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Fbomb

• View Profile
Questions, Obsiv.

What's the difference between lets say common(60fps) and OFF if they're both running at 1000hz. Is it the same when it comes to 1:1 or is OFF at 1000hz more 1:1?

This is all game dependent, hardware dependent, and how you game. The difference between Common and Off is your XIM APEX doesn't try any synchronization with your game's processing loop with Off. Meaning, at Common, switching to any Response Rate will work with the same single sensitivity you set. This isn't true for Off.

I hear you, but does it make a difference when it comes to 1:1 or resposiveness?

Is the 125hz and 1000hz apex polling rate the same if lets say we run at common? No difference between the polling rates?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
None of these affects 1:1, the only way to do that is if you use a Curve or if you change YXRatio.

Offline Fbomb

• View Profile
None of these affects 1:1, the only way to do that is if you use a Curve or if you change YXRatio.

Okay, good to know but I have more questions, haha.

You didn't answer my second question though;
Is the 125hz and 1000hz apex polling rate the same if lets say we run at common? No difference between the polling rates if we run a sync option that's not off?

Now what about responsiveness?

Lets say the game runs at 60FPS. I understand common matches the game's processing loop. So since the game runs at 60FPS then I should choose common because of the processing loop and that would mean that common is more responsive or equally the same as OFF  would run at a higher number 960 if at 1000hz.

What about aim assist does hz, sync, or smoothing affect that in any way?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Running at 125Hz means when the game looks at your input, it can be up to 8ms old. At 1000Hz, your input can be up to 1ms old. This has nothing to do with the Synchronize setting.

Offline Fbomb

• View Profile
Running at 125Hz means when the game looks at your input, it can be up to 8ms old. At 1000Hz, your input can be up to 1ms old. This has nothing to do with the Synchronize setting.

Lovely to hear. You should put that information in the update notes.

Two more questions, Obsiv, and I'll leave you alone ;)

Does sync affect responsiveness?
Common vs off in a 60fps game for an example. I know sync removes jitter but is that at the cost of responsiveness aka floaty or muddy mouse feel?

What about aim assist does hz, sync, or smoothing affect that in any way?