XIM Community

Custom PSnavi CROSS & CIRCLE Button Duplication with XB1 Thumbstick mod.  (Read 1427 times)

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
bought 3 nav controllers for $3 today. duped the CROSS button

been using an xbox elite controller in left hand but it gets heavy. never owned a nav controller before today. i know you guys love these things so i purchased a few used controllers for $1 each....... immediately gutted & modified. still jumping with the same finger i've been jumping with since 2008, lol. i'll prob also dupe circle tomorrow.

X/O duplication with XB1 thumbstick mod.

What's nice about this layout is that the positioning and the spacing of the buttons allows for multi-finger use or for single you can simply rest your middle finger between the buttons.

Soldering Iron , Glue Gun , Rosin core solder , thin-gauge solid core insulated wrapping wire , momentary pushbutton tactile switches , button caps & patience.
« Last Edit: 11:16 AM - 03/17/18 by mjfame »
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
been using an xbox elite controller in left hand but it gets heavy. today for the first time ever i purchased a few used nav controllers and i know you guys love these things....... gutted modded. still jumping with the same finger i've been jumping with since 2008, lol. i'll prob also dupe circle tomorrow.

Would love a how to

Offline Nataliy

• View Profile
hello, what's that button?

Offline mjfame

• View Profile

Would love a how to

if you know how to solder then it's simple. create a bridge by tacking on a wire to the + and - points of the contact pads and to your tactile switches then gluing them into place.

the more proper method would be to solder directly to the trace itself but i wasn't able to find a proper schematic of this board so i just used the tut-free oldschool method.

hello, what's that button?

CROSS button.. I've updated the thread with my  2nd mod which has  both X and O duplicated. I've included a few screens as well. Use those for reference.
« Last Edit: 01:29 PM - 03/17/18 by mjfame »
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
That's awesome thanks for sharing. I'm sure there are a lot of nav users who would like to do this. Have you considered a picture tutorial?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
That's awesome thanks for sharing. I'm sure there are a lot of nav users who would like to do this. Have you considered a picture tutorial?

thanks. i have added a few pics with the update. i have  tons of experience with this because i used to mod my 360 controllers and xb1 controllers with duplicate a and b buttons  on the underside from 2008 up until the elite controller launched.. never believed in paying those ridiculous service fees to have this done to a standard controller so that's   the reason. it takes about 20min and costs a few bucks to DIY.

my very first modded controller was a gift from a friend 10yrs ago and was just a basic xbox 360 controller with 2 tactile switches underneath with A and B duplicated. After playing with that controller for  a day or two i knew that i would never go back to default controller layouts again , but i also knew that i wasn't going to pay $100 and up for a standard controller with a few dollars worth of additional parts. that's how it all began for me.

it's crazy to think that extra finger buttons and paddles haven't began to see official mainstream releases until recently.
« Last Edit: 11:08 AM - 03/17/18 by mjfame »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
This is really cool and solves one of the gripes I had with the Nav during my time with it. Some of those buttons just aren't easy or comfortable to hit. Good work. :D
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline mjfame

• View Profile
This is really cool and solves one of the gripes I had with the Nav during my time with it. Some of those buttons just aren't easy or comfortable to hit. Good work. :D

i can relate and even with the button relocation i still don't know if i like it better than the elite controller. the nav feels like it's going to slip out of my hand so i'm either going to need to mount it or modify it by adding some finger grooves.

Nice!

thanks

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-

i can relate and even with the button relocation i still don't know if i like it better than the elite controller. the nav feels like it's going to slip out of my hand so i'm either going to need to mount it or modify it by adding some finger grooves.

Nice!

thanks

What is the price for your service to get this done for me? If you do such thing.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile

Nice!

thanks

What is the price for your service to get this done for me? If you do such thing.

I'd happily pay for this too. A Nav style controller with easily accessible extra buttons has been a wish of mine for a long time now. Nice work.

Offline Bohne2312

• MVP
    • View Profile
Good Job!
Freundlichkeit & Hilfsbereitschaft- der Schlüssel für ein gutes Forum

Offline mjfame

• View Profile

iidk nobody has ever asked before

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-

iidk nobody has ever asked before

Well there is a first time for everything. Let me know and I'll definitely do this.
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
I’m finally getting around to this. Do you have a parts list for the buttons/switches?