XIM Community

Canít reach high sensitivity. Need help  (Read 142 times)

Offline High Sensitivity Needs

• View Profile
Canít reach high sensitivity. Need help
« on: 12:40 AM - 03/14/18 »
My main issue is this, I cannot reach high sensitivity as I would be able to on a PC. I can max out requirements and adjust/tune to each game (PUBG, MH:W, Vermintide, WaW, etc.) however... it will never reach the speed I need and I believe Iím missing something. I am using the following equipment.

- G502 proteus spectrum (1000 Hz showing)
-Corsair K70
-MM300

I seem to be working fine with smoothing options, but cannot reach high sensitivity even after adjusting recommended game settings. Iíve changed my DPI, and am about to make sure Iím not missing the 12,000 mark but it should be listed by default in the last profiles on board the mouse so I donít think I am missing that. My essential goal is to reach a full 360 degree turn between 1-2 inch mouse movement. Sometimes Iím setting the configuration sensitivity to 500 and cannot reach these speeds. Yet I turn the controller toggle and can do a 720 in a fraction of the time.

Iím going to keep researching whatís going on with this and update any info needed. Maybe I should be doing an expert configuration.

Offline Demons

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Almond
Re: Canít reach high sensitivity. Need help
« Reply #1 on: 12:42 AM - 03/14/18 »
I had a high sens about 15 mins ago and now itís slow, idk what I did. My dpi is 12k and etc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:07 AM - 03/14/18 »
I believe I have figured out my issue. Nvm.

Offline Demons

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:14 AM - 03/14/18 »
What was it? Iím having the same problem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:18 AM - 03/14/18 »
My DPI profile was actually switched 1200 instead of 12,000. Double checked on my pc, and now Iím good between AIM and ADS around 300-500 on my configuration app. Boost seems eratic though so Iím going to play with it a while.

Offline Demons

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:22 AM - 03/14/18 »
Do you know what hertz your mouse is set to? Not your apex your mouse in the Logitech application

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:27 AM - 03/14/18 »
It is set to 1000hz in the application, Iíve always had the badge showing after resetting the apex for it

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:01 AM - 03/14/18 »
Console games also have turn speed limits, unlike PC games. So you're never going to turn on a dime once that limit is hit, which varies wildly between games.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:22 AM - 03/14/18 »
However the controller can reach some turn on a dime speeds, depending on the game

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:25 AM - 03/14/18 »
A controller still has a turn speed limit, imposed by the game engine. Xim can't bypass it.

Learn to move your hand slower, you'll turn faster. Flicks don't work on console.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:51 PM - 03/14/18 »
Everything will essentially have a limit. I find the apex has been more limited on most speeds than the controller is. Keep maxed out sensitivity, and max DPI Mice will never reach it through XIM. I could do a video of it for you. Also, slowing down will not work with me, Iíve successfully done a lot of competitive play and high rank ladders. I will gladly keep my reaction time on where I stand with it. But a side by side comparison on what Iím talking about will easily show. It seems that even at 500 sensitivity AIM and ADS, the apex still cannot reach some controller speeds in game. This is not a limit issue at that point when it comes to in game.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:56 PM - 03/14/18 »
Turning slower and expecting it to turn faster is not an option either. That just doesnít work.

Try maxing out your sensitivity in game and your configurations sensitivities and compare the two. At most points the engine will reach the cap by the controller toggles. The mouse however will not reach this cap through apex

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:04 PM - 03/14/18 »
Turning slower and expecting it to turn faster is not an option either. That just doesnít work.

Try maxing out your sensitivity in game and your configurations sensitivities and compare the two. At most points the engine will reach the cap by the controller toggles. The mouse however will not reach this cap through apex
Every game has a max turn speed that indicates the 100% stick deflection position. On controller that's easy to maintain by simply holding your thumb in the same place. To do the same with a mouse on console, the mouse needs to constantly be moving at the maximum turn speed, which will be slower than you're moving your hand.

When moving your hand too quickly, you lose movement data and induce a sense of deceleration. You'll turn faster by slowing your hand down. Reducing sensitivity can help too. That's exactly the advice you'll get from every top Xim gamer, as well as the inventor of the product. We call it riding the red light.

If you want to flick, PC gaming is more your thing. You need to be more deliberate on console due to the game's limitations. They're not built for m/kb, they're built for analog controllers. PC controls are distance-based, console controls use velocity. Xim does a fantastic job of translating mouse coordinates into stick position, but it cannot overcome game engine restrictions. You feel that far more with a mouse and arm that can travel feet as opposed to a stick that can move an inch.
« Last Edit: 05:10 PM - 03/14/18 by antithesis »