XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Not sure what Im doing wrong with setup?  (Read 390 times)

Offline xblazer01

• View Profile
Hello! I received my Apex in the mail today and hooked everything up as stated but I'm getting stuck at the APEX manager part. Im going to type out how I'm doing everything so I can show you what/how I'm doing everything to see if Im doing something wrong here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mouse: Asus ROG Gladius 1 into port 1 on hub
Keyboard: Razer Blackwdiow TE into port 2 on hub.
PS4 controller into port 3.

When I plug the APEX in it will go through the RGB then turns a Cyan like color and stays solid (no breathing) I then go to the Apex manager app. Connect it as it says. The app will then instantly jump to the game search. I type in Overwatch and tap on PS4. It goes to a screen saying its loading config for about 2-3 seconds and jumps back to a search screen and just sits. I cant do anything in the app after this. I try to move my mouse around in game at this point and I get no response. My controller is working fine just no mouse or keyboard. Lights are on on both keyboard and mouse so they are being recognized just for some reason its stalling at this point.

Does anyone have an Idea of what I am doing wrong here?
« Last Edit: 08:47 PM - 03/13/18 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Not sure what Im doing wrong with setup?
« Reply #1 on: 08:47 PM - 03/13/18 »
Welcome to the community. Can you please try doing a factory reset on your XIM with the firmware update here?: http://xim.tech/beta
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline xblazer01

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Not sure what Im doing wrong with setup?
« Reply #2 on: 10:17 PM - 03/13/18 »
I just did the factory reset but now it sits on a red solid light instead of the cyan. I'm still getting the issue with the app just going back to the search screen and then sitting.

Do I have to be at a certain part in the game to maybe get it to work? Like possibly going in the practice range in Overwatch to have it load properly?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 10:53 PM - 03/13/18 »
The light should never be solid unless you turned off light animations. Please unplug everything from your XIM APEX and do a factory reset again using: http://xim.tech/latest. After it's don't flashing, it will reboot. Leave it plugged into your PC. After it restarts, does it go through the start up rainbow sequence and then does it pulse red? Again, don't remove it from your PC after you've flashed it and make sure nothing is plugged into it while do this test.

Offline xblazer01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:03 PM - 03/13/18 »
Alright I plugged it into the PC with nothing plugged into it. I did the factory reset and the light went a yellowish color, once it was completed it started doing a "breathing" red flash. I currently still have it plugged into the PC. If its breathing does this mean Im in the clear to move it over to the PS4?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 11:06 PM - 03/13/18 »
Ok, this was the first step. Everything is working with your XIM.

Next, plug only your controller into your XIM APEX (no hub) and plug your XIM APEX into your PS4. Do you see the flashing green lights to mean that everything initialized?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 11:08 PM - 03/13/18 »
Assuming this works, then, next plug you controller into Port 3 on your hub (Port 1 and 2 empty) and plug the hub into your XIM APEX and then XIM APEX into your console. Does everything check out?

If so, then, repeat but all in your mouse.

Then, again add in your keyboard.

At any time does your XIM APEX's light stop? If so, which step here caused it to stop?

Offline xblazer01

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:11 PM - 03/13/18 »
So I plugged the controller directly into the APEX and it cycled through the RGB colors and went to a red flashing light. The controller also lit up as I plugged it in if that makes a difference.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 11:12 PM - 03/13/18 »
Yes and did you see the quick green flashing lights on your XIM APEX? That means everything has been initialized.

If so, please try the other steps so we can figure out which hardware is causing the problem.

Offline xblazer01

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:16 PM - 03/13/18 »
I'm not getting a green flash at all. It cycles through colors ends on dark blue and goes right to the breathing red. If its doing the breathing does that mean I'm okay to continue with plugging things in one by one?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 11:19 PM - 03/13/18 »
No, did you see how the sequence should be in the video here?: http://xim.tech/start

If you don't see the flashing green lights, it means it's not talking to your console correctly.

To confirm, you are plugging your XIM APEX now into your console?

If this isn't working, then, I suspect your have a faulty USB cable between your XIM APEX and your controller.

Offline xblazer01

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:22 PM - 03/13/18 »
I'm following the video as it states and am running into the issue. I'll try to grab a different cable tomorrow after work and see if that helps. Main goal at this point is to get it to flash green at some point correct? Also thank you for taking the time to help with this issue! :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 11:24 PM - 03/13/18 »
Yes, let's focus on getting your XIM APEX to talk to your controller correctly first without anything else plugged into it other than your controller. I suspect your cable is an issue right now (which is a common problem especially if you are using the cable the comes with your PS4 which is really low quality). After that, we can move on to the rest of setup.

Offline xblazer01

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:25 PM - 03/13/18 »
Sounds like a plan! I'll reply back on this thread tomorrow when I get home from work and try out a different cable.

Offline BitWelder

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:58 PM - 03/13/18 »
Please make sure that for the PS4 you have also enabled wired communication mode.

Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method