XIM Community

Polling rate and smoothing  (Read 257 times)

Offline Perryboat

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Perry-roselle
Polling rate and smoothing
« on: 09:40 AM - 03/13/18 »
Ok, got my apex yesterday and so far its ok. Looking to fine tune the settings but im not real tech savvy. Please help with a couple things.

- where do i adjust the polling rate? My mouse or is it somewhere in the xim manager?I see people talking about 125, 250, 1000hz. I want to try all.

- same for smoothing, where do I go to adjust it?

- im not gonna mess with other things like ballistic curves and such, those I think are for real hardcore gamers. But please help with the two items above.

Thanks!

Offline KonL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KonLegend
Re: Polling rate and smoothing
« Reply #1 on: 09:55 AM - 03/13/18 »
DPI is adjustable separate from Apex Manager. It is whatever your mouse software is, usually a program you can download from the internet and adjust through USB / wireless.

Polling is adjustable in Apex Manager. 

Smoothing is adjustable under Global Settings > Allow expert mode > then you can swipe through the pages to find HIP smoothing, and ADS smoothing 0-20.

The higher your Polling and DPI, typically the more smoothing you will need to decrease mouse jitter.  Not everyone will have these issues but they implemented them to help those that need it.

Polling of 125 is closest to the Xim4 from my understanding, and so those that go to 1000hz from the Xim4's 125 have to multiply their DPI X 8 to reach it.

Offline Perryboat

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Perry-roselle
« Reply #2 on: 01:29 PM - 03/13/18 »
Awesome! Thanks. Where do I find polling rate in Apex manager? Would it be under general settings?

Offline KonL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KonLegend
« Reply #3 on: 01:34 PM - 03/13/18 »
I don't remember off hand as I am not near my Apex to tell you, but if this is still open when I get home I will do my best to let you know.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #4 on: 02:04 PM - 03/13/18 »
Awesome! Thanks. Where do I find polling rate in Apex manager? Would it be under general settings?

It's in the global settings menu

Offline Obi-wanlegend

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:58 PM - 03/13/18 »
polling rate has to be adjusted on xim apex manager and on your mouse software via pc
dpi is adjusted via mouse software on pc
smoothing is adjusted on apex manager

once you adjust polling rate on apex you got to unplug it from console and plug it back in to take effect.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:01 PM - 03/13/18 »
Ideally, you don't want to use any Smoothing at all. It's intended to reduce jitter at very high DPI settings and can induce a floaty feeling if you set Smoothing too high.

If you do experience jitter and don't like the feeling of Smoothing, drop the Apex polling rate to 500Hz and see if things improve.