Beta Exo  (Read 2700 times)

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Beta Exo
« Reply #15 on: 12:05 PM - 03/13/18 »
After playing around more with this build, I've noticed I'm getting "Stuck" in the AA bubble on CoD  :-\

I think it's possibly too smooth, lost that snappy feeling I like from the previous builds - I'm gonna flash back for now :(
« Last Edit: 12:24 PM - 03/13/18 by He4DHuNt3r »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
Re: Beta Exo
« Reply #16 on: 12:11 PM - 03/13/18 »
Lots of positive feedback, I'll give this a try today! Can't wait.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #17 on: 12:25 PM - 03/13/18 »
After playing around more with this build, I've noticed I'm getting "Stuck" in the AA bubble on CoD  :-\

I think it's possibly too smooth, lost that snappy feeling I like from the previous builds - I'm gonna flash back for now :(

This true even at 0 Smoothness?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 12:37 PM - 03/13/18 »
Headhunter, I'm almost afraid to say it, but what you are feeling is something that is parameterizable. Meaning, I could add another knob to make the effect adjustable. I'm just always weary about adding another setting, but, I think this one is important enough to entertain the idea. Actually, I always prefer changing an existing knob to mean something else. For example, Boost has been on my radar for this. Technically, you can do what we do with Boost with just a Curve. I could repurpose Boost to be this other thing. Just a thought.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Beta Exo
« Reply #19 on: 12:49 PM - 03/13/18 »
Headhunter, I'm almost afraid to say it, but what you are feeling is something that is parameterizable. Meaning, I could add another knob to make the effect adjustable. I'm just always weary about adding another setting, but, I think this one is important enough to entertain the idea. Actually, I always prefer changing an existing knob to mean something else. For example, Boost has been on my radar for this. Technically, you can do what we do with Boost with just a Curve. I could repurpose Boost to be this other thing. Just a thought.

Yeah that would be a great, I think a lot of people would prefer to have that option of fine tuning :)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12:50 PM - 03/13/18 »
Is there a calculation to do for the sensitivity reduction??
Xim4 | Xbox One X | Elite controller | Logitech G502 mouse |
Razer Orbweaver Chroma Stealth | Sony Nav |
Razer Destructor Mat | 50" Panasonic 4K LED TV |
Xbox One preview program |

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12:57 PM - 03/13/18 »
[quote author=OBsIV link=topic=62598.msg665838#msg665838 date=1520966249Technically, you can do what we do with Boost with just a Curve. I could repurpose Boost to be this other thing. Just a thought.
[/quote]

I put this Boost up to around 500  just to see what it does, still don't know what it does to be fair as nothing seemingly changed with either my movement or aim.

Offline flash

• play fair and have fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:58 PM - 03/13/18 »
When I first heard of the 1000hz this is what I thought real low sensitivity. This feels really close to pc.
system = ps4 pro

mouse = logitech g502

keyboard = razer deathstalker

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #23 on: 01:03 PM - 03/13/18 »
Imulli, try Boost at 10000. Again, this can be achieved using a Curve as well which is why I'm looking at it as a candidate to repurpose.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01:24 PM - 03/13/18 »
What are you settings for Battlefield 1, I would like to test some Battlefront 2 later
And do you have aim assist active in the game settings also?

Can't check now but it's around 7 for hip and 4 for ADS. The one thing I highly recommend with BF1 is to get rid of the ADS ST delay. If you set it above anything than 0 your aim will jump when ADSing. I didn't use slowdown assist before if I could help it because Aim Assist would prevent me from getting the crosshair on the target but now I use it.

Just out of interest, what DPI and polling rate do you run on your mouse, and are you running the Apex at 1000?  BF1 is pretty much the only FPS game I play so always interested in trying different settings.

Thanks.

!000hz polling rate on mouse and Xim and 12k dpi on G502.

It would be good to try out or have the option to adjust each individual game. Because while with COD the floatiness is really noticeable it wasn't as bad with BF1 and Halo 5.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #25 on: 02:28 PM - 03/13/18 »
I can make it changeable. But I was hoping for a smart default that works well with all games. If this doesn't work well with CoD, then, this may be not the correct way to go.

I'll release another version (EX1) change changes this behavior and see how that affects everyone. Or, I may change the behavior of Boost so people can try out different values (like 0 through 10).

Let me play with a few things.

Offline BLM3L3SS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02:36 PM - 03/13/18 »
WOW....FEELS AMAZING!  BUT ONE THING THE MICRO MOVEMENTS ON WW2 TOO JITTER! G502&100HZ&12KDPI

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03:18 PM - 03/13/18 »
I can make it changeable. But I was hoping for a smart default that works well with all games. If this doesn't work well with CoD, then, this may be not the correct way to go.

I'll release another version (EX1) change changes this behavior and see how that affects everyone. Or, I may change the behavior of Boost so people can try out different values (like 0 through 10).

Let me play with a few things.

Personally, I'd still take this version over anything that came before. The precision let me do things I could never do before with Xim. It's just not a 'having your cake and eating it too' situation, ie. pixel perfect precision and snappy movement.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03:30 PM - 03/13/18 »
Technically, you can do what we do with Boost with just a Curve. I could repurpose Boost to be this other thing. Just a thought.
I've never found a use for Boost.

Offline Sl3vin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03:38 PM - 03/13/18 »
Is somewhere a changelog? I cant find it