XIM Community

Speed Cap on Overwatch  (Read 158 times)

Offline stapledj

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ejext
Speed Cap on Overwatch
« on: 12:29 PM - 03/12/18 »
Please someone help me, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but the speed cap is insanely slow on OW for me. I have all the in game settings adjusted correctly but if I just barely move the mouse my xim caps out (Apex). Can anyone help me? I've tried a variation of DPI's and polling but nothing seems to matter.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Speed Cap on Overwatch
« Reply #1 on: 01:37 PM - 03/12/18 »
Welcome to the community. It's good that you're using the max in-game sensitivity and other settings on the game settings page. Unfortunately we are bound to the limits of the game and controller's turn speed so we can't turn faster than the game allows. If you stay within the limit you should see more movement on screen versus ignoring the limit and going over it. Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Speed Cap on Overwatch
« Reply #2 on: 05:30 PM - 03/12/18 »
It sounds like your sensitivity is too high. Aim for a full 360 for your pad's width and you should be fine in Overwatch. That's assuming you're not using a full desk-sized pad :)