XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM APEX Non-functional (Purchased from Flashback Limited)  (Read 446 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Are you coming from a PC or console background?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
as for the mouse i would recommend one of the following depending on what shape and button placements you prefer
technically they are all the same with the exception of wireless and wired :)
logitech g203, g303, g403, g502, g603, g703, g903 and gpro

as for the keyboard, here you can basically go with any kind of keyboard as you dont really gain any advantage over using a so called gaming keyboard
if you still want to invest a bit more money id recommend to check out the corsair and coolermaster keyboards
they are relatively cheap and offer everything you might want to have such as mechanical switches, backlight, onboard memory, ...
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Talysboy
Are you coming from a PC or console background?

I've been primarily a PC gamer up until recent years, where I have switched to console and have been primarily console. So I guess you could say I come from both backgrounds.... lol

as for the mouse i would recommend one of the following depending on what shape and button placements you prefer
technically they are all the same with the exception of wireless and wired :)
logitech g203, g303, g403, g502, g603, g703, g903 and gpro

as for the keyboard, here you can basically go with any kind of keyboard as you dont really gain any advantage over using a so called gaming keyboard
if you still want to invest a bit more money id recommend to check out the corsair and coolermaster keyboards
they are relatively cheap and offer everything you might want to have such as mechanical switches, backlight, onboard memory, ...

I was looking at the G900 / G903, and possibly the G703... Just not certain as to which one would better suit me. Unfortunately, Best Buy is completely SOLD OUT of G900/G903 mice, except for online, but I can get it from Amazon Prime tomorrow, but if I come to not like it, returns are more of a PITA than returning to Best Buy...

Oh the decisions...

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
the g403, g603, g703 and g903 are basically the same when comparing their wireless models
what you want to look at to find your favourite is
- weight of the mouse
- duration of the wireless mode / battery
- button placements and amount of buttons, if you eg want to play with a wireless sony nav the mouse needs 6-7 buttons minimum
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
the g403, g603, g703 and g903 are basically the same when comparing their wireless models
what you want to look at to find your favourite is
- weight of the mouse
- duration of the wireless mode / battery
- button placements and amount of buttons, if you eg want to play with a wireless sony nav the mouse needs 6-7 buttons minimum

Well the G900 is almost identical to the G903, The G903 has added benefit of 50M click life, ability to charge wirelessly through the powerplay mat, and the ability to add weight to it. I think the G900 would likely be best for me, because I don't want to have to spend another $100 for a charging mousepad.

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
Well, just got updated that a replacement is being sent, this time requiring a signature, expected delivery tomorrow by 8pm. I can't wait!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes, we received all the defective units. Still no conclusion just yet.

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
Yes, we received all the defective units. Still no conclusion just yet.

Please keep us updated with the cause/issue for those faulty devices if you can! Thanks!

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
My Apex has been dropped off at the nearest FedEx location. I'll be picking it up today during my lunch break. Can't wait to try it out tonight.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Oh, okay! Right on, yeah Iíll definitely take a look at it.

For now, Iím just trying to determine a good mouse/keyboard combo... I currently have a Razer Mamba TE that I purchased Sunday, but Iím thinking about returning it for a Logitech mouse instead based on the community posts Iíve been reading. Still need to determine a kb or keypad that will benefit me best. Any thoughts?

Return it, the sensor is terrible - I've had issues where it stops tracking for a few seconds & it constantly re-adjusts the lift of distance :-\

I recommend the Logitech G Pro if you like small lightweight mice or G403 if you want something more ergonomic :)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline XSpy

• View Profile
I have the same problem, and purchased from flashback. I submitted a ticket. My buddy bought one from them a few minutes before I did. I just sent him this thread, and told him to try his as well.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I have the same problem, and purchased from flashback. I submitted a ticket. My buddy bought one from them a few minutes before I did. I just sent him this thread, and told him to try his as well.

Thanks for doing that, sorry about that. Just to shed some light on on happened here with these XIM APEXs, there is nothing wrong with the hardware nor was there damage during shipping. The issue was with our contract manufacturer who mistakenly didn't program some of the devices before they were packaged. Since then, additional processes have been put into place to ensure this never happens again.

Offline XSpy

• View Profile
Thanks, been a customer since 2012, just never had to post here cause everything was flawless. So I understand its just a hiccup with a new product launch. Things happen. Looking forward to getting support ticket answered and new one sent my way to play with. Cheers!

Thanks for doing that, sorry about that. Just to shed some light on on happened here with these XIM APEXs, there is nothing wrong with the hardware nor was there damage during shipping. The issue was with our contract manufacturer who mistakenly didn't program some of the devices before they were packaged. Since then, additional processes have been put into place to ensure this never happens again.