XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM APEX Non-functional (Purchased from Flashback Limited)  (Read 447 times)

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Talysboy
Hello, Iím having an issue with my XIM apex that I purchased on Thursday, March 8th, and received on Saturday, March 10th.

I purchased it through Flashback limitedís direct website link provided on Ximís list of retailers.

My issue is that no matter what USB port I plug the XIM apex into, PC/Console/Hub/etc... it will not power on at all. There are absolutely no lights, it is like it is receiving absolutely NO power what so ever.

I have not been able to do a firmware check, because I canít get it to power on.

Whatís going on with this?
« Last Edit: 09:00 PM - 03/11/18 by OBsIV »

Offline BitWelder

• Developer
    • View Profile
OBsIV will likely want to follow up with you. In the mean time, if you hold down the button on the Apex while plugging it in to a USB port do you see a solid blue light show up?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
Unfortunately no, nothing comes up. Iíve gone through the other posts for the same issue, and have attempted each possible fix or trick, and none of them have yielded any results.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
We are really sorry about this -- and, it's really suspicious honestly what's going on here with Flashback. We are going to need to replace your XIM APEX, but, we want to work with your directly (not through Flashback).

Please use this: https://store.xim.tech/crm.asp?action=add

Document the problem you are having, that you bought from Flashback, and that you worked with us. They will send you a label to get that shipped out quickly so that we can get a replacement going for you.

Sorry for the trouble. :(

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
I submitted a ticket last night, awaiting reply.

Whatís the estimated return time for this? Iím really disappointed that I wasnít able to use this over the weekend, and Iím hoping to have another one by this coming weekend if at all possible.

Thanks!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I know, I'm really sorry about that and I'm completely understand the disappointement. We have absolutely no idea why units being sold by Flashback are in this state. You will be receiving a label for express shipping and as soon as we have it you'll get one back also with express shipping. This is unusual and your XIM APEX will help us to get the bottom of this.

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
How long does express shipping typically take? I'm located in SE Wisconsin.

It seems bizarre that this one store is having this issue, particularly with the newest batch. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly, because I'm eager to use it.

Offline colony98787

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: colony98787
It means itll only takes a couple of days to receive.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
We will start receiving them by tomorrow morning so we will know more very soon.

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
Okay, sounds good. I just received the email for the shipping label, I'll be swinging by my house to pickup everything and bring it to the nearby FedEx Office Print & Ship Center and have it shipped out today.

Hopefully I'll get a replacement soon.

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
The device has been sent back, as of yesterday, 3/12/18, at 1:10pm (CST). Tracking info shows that it has arrived in Portland, OR Sort Facility this morning at 5:47.

I'm more anxious to get a tracking number for my replacement device, fingers crossed that it is sent out today, delivered tomorrow!

You all know that feeling, when you get a new toy and you're soooo excited to play with it, but you need to wait until you get home... Yeah... I've been having that feeling since last Thursday. Hyped!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yours should be sent out today. They are testing every one of your replacements to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Also, when you receive it, consider running our Beta builds!

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
What do you mean beta builds? Do you mean running the beta firmware?? Iím still fairly new to XIM in general.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes sorry. The board is here: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=95.0

This has our test builds as well as experimental builds with new features we'd like to.get the community's feedback on.

Offline Talysboy

• View Profile
Yes sorry. The board is here: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=95.0

This has our test builds as well as experimental builds with new features we'd like to.get the community's feedback on.

Oh, okay! Right on, yeah Iíll definitely take a look at it.

For now, Iím just trying to determine a good mouse/keyboard combo... I currently have a Razer Mamba TE that I purchased Sunday, but Iím thinking about returning it for a Logitech mouse instead based on the community posts Iíve been reading. Still need to determine a kb or keypad that will benefit me best. Any thoughts?