XIM Community

Overwatch question regarding AA/sensitivity  (Read 440 times)

Offline Creambyemute

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: creambyemute, ow_widowmaker_ow
Overwatch question regarding AA/sensitivity
« on: 03:35 AM - 03/11/18 »
Hey there,

When I got my xim4 I struggled quite a bit and put it on hold for a while and started using it again 3 months ago.

My setup:
Zowie EC-2B, at 1600dpi, 1000hz + huge mousepad (I aim with arm+wrist)
Xim sens of 28 and 14ads
No boost, no curve, no steady aim

Ingame:
100/100 sens
100 aim assist
10 aim assist window
0 smoothing
0 aim ease in
100 relative scope
Expo ramp.

I got some settings I'm fairly fine with since (above) but noticed something today when trying out assultriflemastas config and curve:

With my config I struggled way more with the aim assist (fight against) than with assultriflemastas config. So I then tried out his curve without his config but combined with mine and still struggled with the aim assist so I guess that comes from my lower sensitivity (28 vs 37.5 of assultriflemasta).

Now to my question: Should I lower the aim assist strength with my config or should I increase my sensitivity in order to have to fight less against the aim assist?

Cheers guys!

Offline Griffexxx

• 100+ gold club
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: 69xd
  • PSN ID: 69xd
Re: Overwatch question regarding AA/sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: 04:13 AM - 03/12/18 »
My setup:
Xim sens of 28 and 14ads

28 at 1600 dpi 1000 hz is wrong rest your xim , at that sens you would barely move
XIM Apex

Console: PS4 Pro / XBox X
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5
Audio: Astro A40 TR MixAmp
Kb: Corsair K65
Mouse: ec2-a
Pad: Glorious XXL
Games: WW2, Overwatch, Fortnite BR

Offline Gjva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:11 AM - 03/12/18 »
My setup:
Xim sens of 28 and 14ads

Right now I'm using AAW 30 on 4 sens @ 12K DPI + 36cm mousepad and I also aim with arm+wrist.

your converted sens to 12K DPI is 3.73, nothing wrong with it but 4 sens @ 12K DPI give me a 45cm/360 what IMO is pretty low.
I've lowered my sens ( was using 5 than 4.6 and 4.4 ) cuz I'm moving to PC and 45cm/360 is what I use there.

Just a general advice, do not copy settings or curves, there's no need, most of youtube settings are to throw people off.

If you are struggling with AA try this:

Lower your AAW to 0, doing this AA will trigger only if you actually are in the hitbox.
Raise your Sens a bit, doing this will give you a faster tracking but if you are too used with your sens it will cause troubles.
Lower AAS, doing this will probably decrease your accuracy, don't get me wrong but XIM4 is not exactly 1:1 like PC, it's 80% but it do a good job with AA enabled.

IMO rise your sens a bit and if that's not enough lower your AAW to 5 or 0

Offline Creambyemute

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:17 AM - 03/12/18 »
My setup:
Xim sens of 28 and 14ads

28 at 1600 dpi 1000 hz is wrong rest your xim , at that sens you would barely move

Please what? Why should I barely be able to move with that config?

@Gjva Correct, I adopted my xim setup to be close to my pc sensitivity setup.
If I increase my sens and get used to it, should I raise the AAW again?
And in what increments would you suggest raising the sens?

And yeah I already deleted the assult config and curve as his curve is, idk, @#$%? It's just that I found out about myself strugglinh with the aim assist when I tried his config out and switched to mine again.

And I actually got my values setup by doing the sensitivity tutorial from kojsdojo on hanamura (1 year old :P) and playing around with the sensitivities a bit.

And I use 1600dpi as I'm using it on pc as well and the EC-2B has some built in smoothing/acceleration above 1600dpi which I can't deal with :-)
« Last Edit: 11:44 AM - 03/12/18 by Creambyemute »

Offline mattyb98

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:24 PM - 03/12/18 »
His settings are fine i use 15.6 sense at 3200 dpi for flankers and general 12.5 for hitscan and precision heroes and i know what you are on about man the aim assist it really obnoxious. I know a guy who uses 30 aim window and steady aim on hes a very good player i still feel this is to intrusive however and an currently testing different @#$% out id say dont go below 80 aim strength though nobody used to even with the enforced 100 window size and window size is purely preference but i would suggest lower for hitscan higher for flankers or less precise heroes 

Offline Creambyemute

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:38 PM - 03/12/18 »
A slider for aim assist reticle slowdown and aim assist follow/glue in OW would be helpful :P

Offline RiseUpLights

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:23 PM - 03/13/18 »
Hey there,

When I got my xim4 I struggled quite a bit and put it on hold for a while and started using it again 3 months ago.

My setup:
Xim sens of 28 and 14ads

Ingame:
100/100 sens
100 aim assist
10 aim assist window
0 smoothing
0 aim ease in
100 relative scope
Expo ramp.

I got some settings I'm fairly fine with since (above) but noticed something today when trying out assultriflemastas config and curve:

With my config I struggled way more with the aim assist (fight against) than with assultriflemastas config. So I then tried out his curve without his config but combined with mine and still struggled with the aim assist so I guess that comes from my lower sensitivity (28 vs 37.5 of assultriflemasta).

Now to my question: Should I lower the aim assist strength with my config or should I increase my sensitivity in order to have to fight less against the aim assist?

Cheers guys!
so this is for the xim 4 or apex? because your on the xim apex side