XIM Community

Fortnite | One button building  (Read 11027 times)

Offline weedBOTv4.20

• Green Gaming
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite | One button building
« Reply #45 on: 09:48 AM - 03/12/18 »
Hey Weedbot,

Thanks for the help so far, much appreciated buddy.

Could you perhaps post your current settings for all three builds (either here or somewhere like pastebin).

We could then simply paste into our logitech software.

Many Thanks,

It's no worries, if I can offer some assistance back to this community that has given me much help. I read a great deal here before even getting my Apex and it made set-up a smooth experience.

I'll post screenies from my Logitech software.

The delay timing in these (90ms) is what I've found works reliably on MY set-up, it may be different for you.

So you would just check record delays and push your keys/buttons in sequence, then go back and click on the delays and adjust the timing as needed.

In these my keybinds are:
Right Shift = Build (B on Xbox)
D = Place piece (Mouse left click)
S = Next Piece (Right bumper on Xbox)

Wall:

Stairs:

Floor/Roof:

X1X - Apex - G613 - G903 - QcK Mass

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 12:35 PM - 03/12/18 »
Awesome, well done weedBOTv4.20

Well here is a demo of my setup running: https://streamable.com/ssyak

As you can see I macros that build a piece and then get back to primary weapon, glitches to me. Is the problem I mention, but it might be mouse is not compatible with this, I have to tested on a logitech, sometimes macros are finky

However with the macros I posted (auto select the piece you build the first and others via Turbo Build Mode) works really nice, but you have to press Build button to get back to your primary weapon.

Still I have to practice, but that was my 3rd attempt, not bad.
« Last Edit: 12:43 PM - 03/12/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Ventus R - Hyper XL

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Turbo Instant-Build ULTIMATE @ Titan Two Forum

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NoobSayIHack
« Reply #47 on: 12:41 PM - 03/12/18 »

As you can see I macros that build a piece and then get back to primary weapon, glitches to me. Is the problem I mention, but it might be mouse is not compatible with this, I have to tested on a logitech, sometimes macros are finky

However with the macros I post, those auto select the piece you build the first and others via Turbo Build Mode, but you have to press Build button to get back to your primary weapon.

Is there a way for me to put a macro to build wall and stay on the wal?stairs too..?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12:46 PM - 03/12/18 »
Is there a way for me to put a macro to build wall and stay on the wal?stairs too..?

I don't get it... ??
XIM APEX
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12:48 PM - 03/12/18 »
you know how everytime you build a wall you switch back to your gyn automatically...I just want a macreo that when i press middle wheel for example buildd a wwall and stay on the wall to keep building walls.
SORRY, english is not my 1st languague

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 12:58 PM - 03/12/18 »
Oh I got you.

<Dont worry is not my english first language either hehe ;)>

Yeah that's how my macros work.

If I press the BuildStairs macro (let's say is assigned to middle wheel button) what happens is:

game will do the following automatically: open the build mode, go to stairs... selected and macro finish here. From now on... you can:

a) press build button to create a stair, or press and hold build button to keep building more stairs (Turbo Build option must be enabled)...

b) you stay on "stairs selected", meaning if you press back item button (left per example) you can build a floor, if you hold down the build button... it keeps building floors.

To stop building you have to press build button to get back to your primary weapon.

This is kind of semi automatic macro, the only thing that does for you is, enable build mode and select a specific piece, then it depends on you what you want to do.
XIM APEX

Offline weedBOTv4.20

• Green Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01:02 PM - 03/12/18 »

However with the macros I posted (auto select the piece you build the first and others via Turbo Build Mode) works really nice, but you have to press Build button to get back to your primary weapon.

Great video, mate. It really shows how your 2nd set-up shines compared to the first.
For me the delay had to be 90ms to avoid such glitching.
But, still, I only really use the one button binds in panic mode while I am actually being shot and I need to throw up instant shield and return to my weapon in one press.
Anything not under duress or more complex than a wall or a wall+stairs and I usually build the normal way which I am decently quick at.

For any new players I would definitely go with your binds (that don't return to weapon) as it allows an overall better & quicker building experience, IMHO. :)

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 01:06 PM - 03/12/18 »
Oh I got you.

If I press the BuildStairs macro (let's say is assigned to middle wheel button) what happens is:

game will do the following automatically: open the build mode, go to stairs... selected and macro finish here. From now on... you can:

a) press build button to create a stair, or press and hold build button to keep building more stairs (Turbo Build option must be enabled)...

b) you stay on "stairs selected", meaning if you press next item (left per example) you can build a floor, if you hold down the build button... it keeps building floors,

To stop building you have to press build button to get back to your primary weapon.

This is kind of semi automatic macro, the only thing that does for you is, enable build mode and select a specific piece, then it depends on you what you want to do.
oh man i would love to do that so bad but i dont know how. I have been looking for videos on how to do it but i cant find anything other than on pc games. Thank you so much for your response.
I know this is way too much to ask but if by any chance you make a video or something on how to do it, please let me know. thanks for your answers

Offline KonL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KonLegend
« Reply #53 on: 01:33 PM - 03/12/18 »
Good job guys,

I bought the G502 this past friday and didn't get into the macro building.  Now that I see what it's capable of, I'm getting relieved of building with the K&M.

I've played on console for 15 years and have played on M&K for 3 days.  I still managed to get a few wins with fortnite but I believe it was complete luck as my building was at about 30-40% as fast as I was on console.  This will help that out alot.

Good write ups!

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01:52 PM - 03/12/18 »
well this on-board macro stuff on the G502 might be a game changer, cheers for the heads up!

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05:49 PM - 03/12/18 »
Oh I got you.

b) you stay on "stairs selected", meaning if you press back item button (left per example) you can build a floor, if you hold down the build button... it keeps building floors.

This semi auto micros give me most flexibility in game. I'm enjoying this way of playing.
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline weedBOTv4.20

• Green Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 11:24 PM - 03/13/18 »

You've converted me, bro.

I was playing around with my macros and found that removing the last step of returning to weapon really made the whole thing work much better and I now don't have to use both methods.
So, it enables build, selects piece and places first piece then I can either continue building or press the same button again to return to my weapon (this was an unexpected happy surprise).

Thanks for the inspiration.  8)

Online JoTi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jo_Vogel_Snipez
« Reply #57 on: 02:43 AM - 03/14/18 »

This are the marcros from post #35 from you in the video?

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 07:44 AM - 03/14/18 »
Alright boys and girls, after messing about with both methods for One Click Building  (on-board macros vs. Titan Two script) I have come to the conclusion that the T2 method is much more efficient. That being said, both methods work solid and if someone has a mouse with on-board memory and the ability to do macros but cannot/will not pay $100 for another device, by all means that method works pretty @#$% good.

I was thinking of doing either a write-up tutorial or a video tutorial on how to set-up and configure both methods with live demonstrations of each in action. Would like to know the community's thoughts on this before I put in the time to do it. Cheers!

Offline KonL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KonLegend
« Reply #59 on: 08:05 AM - 03/14/18 »
Alright boys and girls, after messing about with both methods for One Click Building  (on-board macros vs. Titan Two script) I have come to the conclusion that the T2 method is much more efficient. That being said, both methods work solid and if someone has a mouse with on-board memory and the ability to do macros but cannot/will not pay $100 for another device, by all means that method works pretty @#$% good.

I was thinking of doing either a write-up tutorial or a video tutorial on how to set-up and configure both methods with live demonstrations of each in action. Would like to know the community's thoughts on this before I put in the time to do it. Cheers!

I would like that as I am missing something.

I play on the Xbox, and have a G502 Mouse.

I set a macro to bring out build, also did it with stairs using build>right>right.  But I can't seem to be able to build a wall by itself, I have to physically press the mouse button.  It sounded like someone has figured out how to build>right>right>mouse click, but I can't seem to assign the mouse click to any key stroke, it's only able to be the click.

Any guidance would be appreciated