XIM Community

Fortnite | One button building  (Read 12538 times)

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite | One button building
« Reply #15 on: 02:57 AM - 03/11/18 »
That part I'm not too sure about, but I'm sure someone will have a more definitive answer for you :)

So you have a T2 working with a Apex using a Logetic G502 mouse with single key building mapped to some of your mouse buttons or are they binded to your keyboard?
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
Mixamp TR + Sennheiser PC 360
PS4
Netduma

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03:06 AM - 03/11/18 »
That part I'm not too sure about, but I'm sure someone will have a more definitive answer for you :)

So you have a T2 working with a Apex using a Logetic G502 mouse with single key building mapped to some of your mouse buttons or are they binded to your keyboard?

Mouse buttons

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03:17 AM - 03/11/18 »

Mouse buttons

You planning on making a video on how to set this all up?
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
PS4
Netduma

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:31 AM - 03/11/18 »
Probably won't do a video, but I'll make a walk-through with screenshots and pics. Not too experienced with video honestly

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:43 AM - 03/11/18 »
Probably won't do a video, but I'll make a walk-through with screenshots and pics. Not too experienced with video honestly

That would be great let me know once you do
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
PS4
Netduma

Offline geekdll

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:47 AM - 03/11/18 »
Haven't created any macros for Fortnite, but I use a mouse with extra programmable buttons like the Swiftpoint Z rather than stacking multiple m/kb converters like XIM and other devices.  Less latency and problems that way.

I assume my logitec G502 can same macros on memory but I am not sure if that would work
XIM Apex
Razer Tartarus
Logitech G502 PROTEUS
PS4
Netduma

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:50 AM - 03/11/18 »
The Titans and Apex, dont work well together at this point in time, the creator of the titans   is still waiting on his apex to see what he can do to optimize them
J2K will need to get ahold of an Apex to solve the USB desync at 500 and 1000Hz.

Other than that, they work perfectly together at 125 and 250Hz.

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:08 AM - 03/11/18 »
The Titans and Apex, dont work well together at this point in time, the creator of the titans   is still waiting on his apex to see what he can do to optimize them
J2K will need to get ahold of an Apex to solve the USB desync at 500 and 1000Hz.

Other than that, they work perfectly together at 125 and 250Hz.

I'm currently running my Apex at 500Hz with no issues so far. Should I be concerned about this desync? What "symptoms" should I look out for?

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NoobSayIHack
« Reply #23 on: 01:10 PM - 03/11/18 »
I just received my APEX in the mail a couple days ago, and before that I was using the Titan Two exclusively to play Fortnite BR on PS4 for about a week since my transition from PC. The script I'm using allows me to map one-button building to my G502 perfectly the way I do on PC. I've just set up my APEX and T2 to work together tonight and I must say, it's a game changer. The Titan Two works perfectly well stand-alone for Fortnite, however the mouse input translator is FAR inferior to the APEX.

If you're looking to get a Titan Two for one-button building, definitely give it a shot. I can give you the script that I'm currently using as well. I hope this helps answer your question. Best of luck!
Hey, I'm a completly noob when it comes to titan one or 2. Can I PM you asking you a couple of question about it? thanks

Offline weedBOTv4.20

• Green Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05:52 PM - 03/11/18 »
I have one button building macros running well on my G903 onboard memory.
My front right thumb button builds a wall and returns to gun and the rear button builds stairs and one of the DPI buttons builds a roof/floor.

I just did them via Logitech's software, recording the delay between keypresses (won't work without the delays) while pressing them in sequence as quick as you can.

BTW, the right thumb buttons and others need to be bound to a keyboard key before the Apex recognizes them, for me at least.

Here is a screencap of my stairs macro in the Logitech software.
It's very easy to do.

X1X - Apex - G613 - G903 - QcK Mass

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06:04 PM - 03/11/18 »
My front right thumb button builds a wall and returns to gun and the rear button builds stairs and one of the DPI buttons builds a roof/floor.

I just did them via Logitech's software, recording the delay between keypresses (won't work without the delays) while pressing them in sequence as quick as you can.

BTW, the right thumb buttons and others need to be bound to a keyboard key before the Apex recognizes them, for me at least.

It's very easy to do.

This might be a much more efficient way of doing it than my method in all honesty. I'm not too familiar with the Logitech macros. I'm just not sure if you can actually mimic the building mechanics the same way with this method. For example, let's say you press your stairs button, but instantly want to build walls, then stairs again... does it work this way? I'm intrigued

Offline waterbucket123

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A
  • PSN ID: N/A
« Reply #26 on: 06:16 PM - 03/11/18 »

What? I thought you can't use onboard memory for macros unless plugged in directly to computer?

Offline weedBOTv4.20

• Green Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06:32 PM - 03/11/18 »

This might be a much more efficient way of doing it than my method in all honesty. I'm not too familiar with the Logitech macros. I'm just not sure if you can actually mimic the building mechanics the same way with this method. For example, let's say you press your stairs button, but instantly want to build walls, then stairs again... does it work this way? I'm intrigued

Well, each build button is set to build and return to weapon. I can press the next button as soon as I see the weapon coming back out animation. If I press it before then the macro won't work. It all happens very quickly and I rarely hit the next button before the previous macro is finished.

I wouldn't say it replaces using the old building method if you are doing a multi-level base while not under fire etc, I would say these are more for the quick, panic, underfire building of walls and walls/stairs for cover and combat. I still sometimes use the old build method also, it's bound to my mouse wheel press.

While it's not PC direct bind level efficient it still works extremely well, especially for not having to buy/use an extra device. Give it a shot and see how you go. Remember when you are recoding your macros in the mouse software to record the delays also and press your key combos as quick as you physically can. It took me probably 4 or 5 goes to get it all timed the way I wanted it.

Hope you can get it working to your liking.
Much luck, bro. 8)

What? I thought you can't use onboard memory for macros unless plugged in directly to computer?

Yeah, I also read that, but it works perfectly on my G903.

X1X - Apex - G613 - G903 - QcK Mass

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06:35 PM - 03/11/18 »
I'm currently running my Apex at 500Hz with no issues so far. Should I be concerned about this desync? What "symptoms" should I look out for?
Take a look at the Apex when moving your mouse when connected to T2 at 500+ Hz. It'll flash pink. That indicates USB desync and you're introducing input lag.

Dial Apex down to 250Hz, it'll feel smoother.

For reference, I believe Logitech macros will run one per button press. So rapid-fire and anti-recoil won't work, but Fortnite building should.

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NoobSayIHack
« Reply #29 on: 06:55 PM - 03/11/18 »

It's very easy to do.

Hey, would I be able to do this with logitech g pro?