XIM Community

Does the xim apex use usb 3.0 ports?  (Read 241 times)

Offline b4rrett50c

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: B8rrett50c
Does the xim apex use usb 3.0 ports?
« on: 08:28 PM - 03/10/18 »
Hello, I have the corsair k70 rgb with the two usb ports. I was curious if the xim apex has the 3.0 port necessary to only use one of the usb ports on the k70 instead of plugging in one to the ps4 and one the xim apex. I need to use the other ps4 port my headset. Thank you

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
Re: Does the xim apex use usb 3.0 ports?
« Reply #1 on: 02:25 PM - 03/11/18 »
Afaik the hub that comes with the xim is usb 2.0, the only thing I could think of which could solve your problem is to get a USB 3.0 hub but I don't know if that would affect your performance of the Apex.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:30 AM - 03/12/18 »
You won't need to attach two cables for the K series keyboards. The second cable may be required for additional power if your setup doesn't work or has stability issues. The second cable would attach to the console or an AC charger.

Also, if you have a stereo headset APEX supports chat over the controller if you're using a slim or pro controller.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Eric_L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:37 AM - 03/12/18 »
You won't need to attach two cables for the K series keyboards. The second cable may be required for additional power if your setup doesn't work or has stability issues. The second cable would attach to the console or an AC charger.

Also, if you have a stereo headset APEX supports chat over the controller if you're using a slim or pro controller.

I posted something similar without reading this. Im thinking about purchasing the K70 RGB Rapidfire and I noticed there are two usb's. So you only need to have one plugged in to the apex and it will be fine?
*PS4 Pro | G403 Wireless | Rainbow Six Siege - Diamond | Hip sens: 500 | Ads sens: 290 | Smoothing 5 | Sync: Off | K95 RGB Platinum | Xim Apex | 12K DPI | 1000hz*

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:49 PM - 03/13/18 »
The second cable will likely need to be run to a wall charger to supply sufficient power to the kb.