XIM Community

XIM apex - read failure (connection timeout)  (Read 2242 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM apex - read failure (connection timeout)
« Reply #15 on: 03:45 PM - 04/23/18 »
What do you get for the error? Also, there are 2 places that require you to turn on Bluetooth, are both on?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Richie9210

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: AllxDayxSavage
« Reply #16 on: 04:56 PM - 04/24/18 »
I get a cannot read error on the app, also the xim isn't reading the mouse and keyboard right away. I have to unplugged the xim from my xbox 2/3 times in order for it to read them. This didn't happen until I updated to the lastest version on the xim.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #17 on: 06:37 PM - 04/24/18 »
I get a cannot read error on the app, also the xim isn't reading the mouse and keyboard right away. I have to unplugged the xim from my xbox 2/3 times in order for it to read them. This didn't happen until I updated to the lastest version on the xim.

Sorry to hear you are running into issues. Can you start a new thread under Support so we can help you better?

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:20 PM - 06/12/18 »
Sorry to necropost, but just got my Xim Apex.  Long time Xim user.  Everything on initial setup went great, Apex manager connected first time.

At some point I changed the mouse polling to 1000hz and it said the Apex needed restarted.  I unplugged it from the console (while manager open) and plugged back in.  From that point the Manager would no longer connect.  I tried rebooting the Manager app on my S8 as well as unplugging the Apex and replugging back into the Xbox.  Nothing worked.

As someone suggested disabling bluetooth, I did that but it still wouldn't connect until I closed Manager and replugged the Apex in once more.  Surely this isn't expected behavior?  My Xim4 never did any of this.

At any rate, back up and running, can't wait to test it out.

Side note:  My Xim4 always showed up in my bluetooth list.  I don't see Apex in that list as a paired device.  During my troubleshooting above, at some point it showed up in the bluetooth list as a found device but I couldn't manually pair with it.  Now that I'm connected and working again with Manager, it no longer shows on the paired devices list.  Is this normal behavior with Apex?  Did the connection piece change somewhat?

Offline harrybeuker

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: harrybeuker
« Reply #19 on: 11:20 AM - 06/13/18 »
i had the same on a galaxy s8. Rebooting the phone helped and now i am paired

Offline Insan3

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:56 PM - 08/05/18 »
Sorry to necropost, but just got my Xim Apex.  Long time Xim user.  Everything on initial setup went great, Apex manager connected first time.

At some point I changed the mouse polling to 1000hz and it said the Apex needed restarted.  I unplugged it from the console (while manager open) and plugged back in.  From that point the Manager would no longer connect.  I tried rebooting the Manager app on my S8 as well as unplugging the Apex and replugging back into the Xbox.  Nothing worked.

As someone suggested disabling bluetooth, I did that but it still wouldn't connect until I closed Manager and replugged the Apex in once more.  Surely this isn't expected behavior?  My Xim4 never did any of this.

At any rate, back up and running, can't wait to test it out.

Side note:  My Xim4 always showed up in my bluetooth list.  I don't see Apex in that list as a paired device.  During my troubleshooting above, at some point it showed up in the bluetooth list as a found device but I couldn't manually pair with it.  Now that I'm connected and working again with Manager, it no longer shows on the paired devices list.  Is this normal behavior with Apex?  Did the connection piece change somewhat?

I have exactly the same problem with my Device.Tried everything but without success.Any ideas would be helpfull.
I tried to test the connection with BLE Scanner and its connecting properly and the signal is strong witch means that the problem is software(most likely Apex Manager or Apex firmware).
« Last Edit: 09:51 PM - 08/05/18 by Insan3 »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 10:36 PM - 08/05/18 »
You'll need to sure sure not to pair your XIM APEX via the Bluetooth devices list on your phone. If you already have a connection open to your XIM then you cannot connect to it via Manager. The best thing to do is kill Manager and also cycle your Bluetooth radio (which you did) and power cycle your XIM APEX to make sure there are no open existing connections to your XIM APEX.

Offline Insan3

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:06 AM - 08/09/18 »
You'll need to sure sure not to pair your XIM APEX via the Bluetooth devices list on your phone. If you already have a connection open to your XIM then you cannot connect to it via Manager. The best thing to do is kill Manager and also cycle your Bluetooth radio (which you did) and power cycle your XIM APEX to make sure there are no open existing connections to your XIM APEX.

I've been trying the last couple of days to make it working but without full success.I came across on internet some very good articles why device is not working except from the very first time.
https://blog.classycode.com/a-short-story-about-android-ble-connection-timeouts-and-gatt-internal-errors-fa89e3f6a456
Anyway,I can't pair this device on any phone so far(ZTE Axon Elite Pro,Samsung S8).
Furthermore, when I upload some game configuration on the Xim Apex(via PC software),I can connect but as soon as I try to make any configuration change , device is disconnecting.I can partially  use the Xim Apex at this point , but I can't make any changes in real time.
Its a big issue using this BLE technology because I lot of people are having difficulties(except the very first time),pairing the Xim Apex.
« Last Edit: 02:13 PM - 08/09/18 by Insan3 »