XIM Community

13 button or more wireless mouse?  (Read 286 times)

Offline zebie

• View Profile
13 button or more wireless mouse?
« on: 11:39 AM - 03/07/18 »
Does anyone know of a wireless mouse that has 13 or more programmable buttons that is compatible with a xim4, I had a Logitech G700S but it broke and is now discontinued so I can't get another. I need at least 13 buttons as I am disabled and can only use 1 hand, that's why the G700S was perfect for me, any ideas on what replacement would be good for me, in summary wireless with at least 13 programmable buttons?

Offline XpertIn

• View Profile
Re: 13 button or more wireless mouse?
« Reply #1 on: 01:05 PM - 03/07/18 »
Sounds like the naga epic chroma fits your need.

Offline zebie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:15 PM - 03/07/18 »
thanks that looks great and all the buttons work with the xim4 as thats my main problem with gaming is needing lots of buttons close together?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:17 PM - 03/07/18 »
you could check out xim sandhawc, it allows you to connect your xim to the pc
that way you can run autohotkey scripts or use other gear such as foot-pedals or other input devices that might reduce the amount of buttons you need on your mouse

you can read more about it here:
its xim apex version called xim link will probably be out in 1-2 weeks
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=83.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline zebie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:08 PM - 03/07/18 »
just ordered a razer naga epic chroma, i was watching some review vids on youtube and it showed you can change the acceleration settings of the mouse in the software and was wondering when i get it what should i set the acceleration settings to?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:27 PM - 03/07/18 »
If you can, cancel the order and get the new Naga Trinity instead of the Naga Epic Chroma. Reason being is that the Trinity has full on-board memory, whereas Epic relies on Synapse for some functionality.

Set acceleration to 0, it'll mess with Xim's translators. If you feel the need for acceleration, you can use Ballistics Curves on the Xim4 in Xim Manager.

Also, have you looked at the Stinky Board? It has 4 usable directions when plugged into a Xim - just be sure to bind them to regular keystrokes rather than modifiers like Ctrl, Shift and Alt. Alternately, if you were to use SandhawC and have the Stinky plugged into PC, you can have up to 16 bindings.

Note that the Stinky is a heavy, industrial-strength device that can be pretty noisy. Some carpet or a rug underneath will dampen it.

Offline zebie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:03 PM - 03/07/18 »
Are you saying that the Razer Naga Epic Chroma looses some functionality when used with a xim4 and if so what does it loose as it's on the hardware compatibility list for xim4? The trinity doesn't seem to be wireless is there a wireless version I'm missing?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:06 PM - 03/07/18 »
Wireless is laggy on slightly older mice, like the Naga Epic Chrome. The 4G Laser sensor in it is also poor.

The button bindings you setup on the Epic may not stick if you're not running them through Synapse. Try leaving them all at the default settings.

Offline gunkillah

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: GuNKiLLaH47
« Reply #8 on: 08:40 PM - 03/07/18 »
that way you can run autohotkey scripts or use other gear such as foot-pedals or other input devices that might reduce the amount of buttons you need on your mouse

Can this help me in binding all the buttons on my Logitech g903?? There are 2 buttons that I canít bind!!!!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:53 PM - 03/08/18 »

Can this help me in binding all the buttons on my Logitech g903?? There are 2 buttons that I canít bind!!!!

yes

but there is an easier solution, i assume the buttons you refer to are dpi buttons or mouse profile buttons
go into your logitech driver and change those specific buttons to keyboard keys, then the xim will accept those
(save your changes to the onboard memory of your mouse)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline zebie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:39 PM - 03/10/18 »
Ended up getting a Razer Naga Trinity and it seems to be working ok with XIM4 thought I would let you know, now I have to break all the muscle memory I had from using the 700s 🙄

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:09 PM - 03/10/18 »
Ended up getting a Razer Naga Trinity and it seems to be working ok with XIM4 thought I would let you know, now I have to break all the muscle memory I had from using the 700s
Glad to hear it, it's a better mouse than the Epic. Just be sure to use the Synapse 3 beta app to save settings on-board the mouse.

How's the 7 button side panel? Is that sufficient or do you use the 12 button panel?