XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Mouse Polling Rate Detection  (Read 307 times)

Online mjfame

• RC Tester
  • "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
[RESOLVED] Mouse Polling Rate Detection
« on: 05:36 AM - 03/07/18 »
Update: 2018.04.16:
This issue has not occurred since switching to the Logitech G502 which leads me to believe that this is not a XIM issue but rather an issue with the Razer Basilisk.

[RESOLVED]

Just a heads up for the dev team. I understand what's going on here but this may confuse other users of your product if it isn't addressed via a future update of the firmware, software and/or both. This bug report is in regards to hot-swapping of mouse polling rates rather than XIM Apex polling rate changes. All XIM Apex polling changes were properly executed as instructed via power-cycle.

Example #1

Powering up XIM Apex , XIM Hub and peripherals with mouse already configured for 1000Hz reports 1000Hz properly and performs properly.

XIM Apex does not detect change to polling rate when switching to lower mouse polling with everything powered on and connected (mouse profile hot-swapping). For example, when switching from a 1000Hz mouse profile to a 500Hz profile the XIM Apex Manager still reads 1000Hz when tapping on the brand logo of my mouse manufacturer.

I'm no longer a fan of 1000Hz polling at the system-level with the Titan One so I don't use that setting with the Apex, however, I tested in this mode in order to make this report as thorough as possible.

Example #2

In this scenario, the XIM Apex is configured for 1000Hz polling but the performance will be degraded because the mouse is actually running at 500Hz but - the 1000Hz badge remains visible instead of a warning which means that the hot-swapped mouse profile polling-rate change was not detected.

If the mouse is plugged in with the mouse profile already configured for a polling rate below 1000Hz then the brand logo will properly show the correct polling rate and the XIM Apex will properly display a warning when running in 1000Hz mode. If the mouse profile is hot-swapped from a sub-1000Hz profile to a 1000Hz profile the Xim Apex will properly detect and report the change. In this scenario the 1000Hz badge will display as intended. Hot-swapping back to a sub-1000Hz polling rate during 1000Hz polling produces the same results as when doing so when powering up @1000Hz mouse polling, as described in the first example.

By utilizing the mouse rate checker I have verified that the mouse properly hot-swaps polling rate changes (without Synapse or any of its services running).

https://zowie.benq.com/en/support/mouse-rate-checker.html

Side note to clarify that a polling rate other than 500Hz is not able to be stored on any of the 4 onboard memory slots in the traditional sense, however, the mouse stores the settings that were last used while running Synapse on a 5th memory slot that uses the color of white. This makes it possible to have 1 onboard profile with a polling rate other than the default of 500Hz. This is the way that onboard 1000Hz is achievable without drivers. Once again, I'm providing you with this information in order to be as thorough as possible.

This isn't a major concern of mine but as I said before this may be confusing for others as to what is actually happening under the hood. I suppose that at the very least a pop-up notification warning others of this limitation would suffice if this functionality will not be implemented. Just wanted to do my part as a member of the XIM community. Received my XIM APEX yesterday and loving it. To the entire dev team, "Thank You".

Update:
Lower polling eventually displays as 1,000Hz after a few min on the manager on its own.

For Reference:

« Last Edit: 12:07 AM - 04/16/18 by mjfame »
"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402

Logitech G403 // Logitech G502  // Razer Basilisk // Razer Deathadder Elite // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD) // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT)

Online mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] 2018.04.16
« Reply #1 on: 12:08 AM - 04/16/18 »
Nothing to see here, move along..

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Logitech G403 // Logitech G502  // Razer Basilisk // Razer Deathadder Elite // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD) // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT)

Offline thediscobiscuits

• barber shreds
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
Re: [RESOLVED] Mouse Polling Rate Detection
« Reply #2 on: 10:13 AM - 04/16/18 »
I don't know if it's a bug in the firmware... Or if this relates to your topic... Or if this is needed to do everytime but...

I just changed my zowie mouse polling to 500hz. (Even checked on zowie site and it was reporting at 500).. My apex manager was set on 1,000 hz... So I booted up my PS4 and the manager and it still showed it at 1,000... And my zowie mouse still said 1,000 when I clicked on the icon at the top. I didn't see the red warning sign about the Hz not matching so I went ahead and unplugged the mouse from Port 1 and plugged it back in then I finally saw the red warning light... After that I went about changing the apex polling to 500... Then rebooting the apex by unplugging and replugging... It went to 500hz and now it's good... Clicked on the Zowie icon at the top and it said Zowie Gaming mouse 500hz (instead of 1000).

So I'm wondering... Is it needed to unplug and replug the mouse back into the Apex USB hub Everytime you change the polling rate on the mouse like this or is it a bug?
PS4 Pro / PC / i7-4790k GTX 970

XIM Apex

Mouse: Zowie EC2-B | Mousepad: Zowie G-SR | DPI: 3200 | Hz: 500 | Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ducky One TKL Blue LED Cherry MX Reds with O-Rings | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700x / AntLion ModMic / Turtle Beach DSS2

Offline thediscobiscuits

• barber shreds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:31 AM - 04/16/18 »
It seems as if now Everytime I restart or shutdown my PS4 and manager and reboot everything as well... Click on the mouse icon in manager it shows you're using it at 1000hz. If I unplug mouse from apex hub and back in then it shows 500hz if I click on the mouse icon. Is this a glitch?

XIM Apex

Mouse: Zowie EC2-B | Mousepad: Zowie G-SR | DPI: 3200 | Hz: 500 | Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ducky One TKL Blue LED Cherry MX Reds with O-Rings | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700x / AntLion ModMic / Turtle Beach DSS2

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:41 AM - 04/16/18 »
I just ordered this mouse. Is this just a matter of the Hz properly displaying in the app manager or do I need to return the mouse because there’s a compatibility issue?

Offline thediscobiscuits

• barber shreds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:02 PM - 04/16/18 »
I just ordered this mouse. Is this just a matter of the Hz properly displaying in the app manager or do I need to return the mouse because there’s a compatibility issue?

It's a problem displaying in the app manager I believe. It was happening on my SteelSeries mice as well. Maybe it doesn't matter that it shows 1000hz on icon click ? Idk. All I know is that sometimes it goes back to showing 1000 and I unplug and replug and it shows 500hz on icon then. Just seems like a weird glitch or bug. I just don't understand why it changes back to 1000hz on the icon when I don't even touch anything then have to replug it to see the 500hz. It has to do with the firmware or something I don't know... I'm not that technically inclined lol

Do not return the mouse. It happens on both my EC2-A and B. SS Rival 600/700. Didn't check if it happens on the G403 but I'm pretty certain it's not a mouse problem
« Last Edit: 12:32 PM - 04/16/18 by thediscobiscuits »

XIM Apex

Offline stormynight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:43 PM - 04/16/18 »
Gotcha thanks

Offline thediscobiscuits

• barber shreds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:32 PM - 04/16/18 »
Gotcha thanks

No problem. I even tested having my mouse polling at 500 and changing the manager to 1000hz and rebooting the apex... It still showed 1000hz while I was on 500 when it should have gone red triangle with a ! ... So I unplugged the mouse and replugged back in and the red sign came up... Then went back to 1,000??? So I tried again... And it stayed that way

It's definitely a bug or something in the manager I believe

Btw both my manager app and firmware dates are April 2nd 2018

XIM Apex

Online mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:09 PM - 04/16/18 »
originally i had noticed this on the very first evening during launch week and immediately reported it. at the time i had been using a razer mouse. purple flashing lights as well. the issue has not occurred since switching to the g502 so that's the reason for the update but nice to see that the bump brought this to the front for other users to see and discuss their issues.