XIM Community

[XIM APEX] Fortnite - Share your settings here  (Read 44368 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Re: [XIM APEX] Fortnite - Share your settings here
« Reply #180 on: 03:01 PM - 05/16/18 »
XIM APEX: Sensitivity = 8 (HIP/ADS) | Synchronize = Common | Response Rate = 500Hz | Smoothing = N/A

Current Mouse: G203, 4000 dpi | 500Hz polling rate

Keypad: Razer Orbweaver
areyou a slow sense player it feels slow to me?

Yep, I use a large mouse pad. 51 cm / 360.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt esports Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 04:45 PM - 05/16/18 »
I've been testing max AA for FN. I like it and it works well. I took Odin's advice for AA from his video and went max AA. Shockingly it works!

250 or 500 hz. I'm undecided on which I prefer.
Sync SLOW.
10-20 smoothing
800 DPI. I tried with 3-4kDpi, but prefer 800 for AA.

Then adjust sens until my mousepad is a full 360 and ADS is a full 180 (Personal preference).

That has given me the best AA. My targeting is so sticky good it's amazing. Your reticle only needs any small movement to stay on target lock. If you don't move, no target locking, but with movement it's like body shot aim bot. FN AA is nuts.

Could you specify some of those settings for me? Been messing with the DPI a lot but havent touched the Hz.  Do you have the hz turned down to 500 on your mouse or on the xim hz? Smoothing matched to 10-20 on both hip, ads??  and when you say "its like body shot aim bot" do you have issues with getting out of the AA bubble?? like going from body to headshot?

Sure. Mouse is 500hz 800DPI. XIM 250 or 500 hz. Still playing with this. Not much of a difference. Sync to slow. This is the most dramatic difference. Smoothing 10-20 on both HIP and ADS. From my Xim and FN experience so far, no AA issues. It is VERY sticky, and will cause the normal multi target AA problems, but the AA bubble doesn't give me any real problems. I use a large mousepad and the g502 mouse. IIRC my Xim sens is 18/9. I tried ballistic curves and I don't like them with this set up. I prefer a BCurve more when using a 12kDpi, PC like, 1000hz experience.

Offline Anonn

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 03:33 AM - 05/17/18 »
What does shotgunning feel like with those settings? Isn't it too sticky?

Offline MitchDDon

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MitchDDon
« Reply #183 on: 03:47 AM - 05/17/18 »
I've been testing max AA for FN. I like it and it works well. I took Odin's advice for AA from his video and went max AA. Shockingly it works!

Sync SLOW.
10-20 smoothing

Then adjust sens until my mousepad is a full 360 and ADS is a full 180 (Personal preference).

That has given me the best AA. My targeting is so sticky good it's amazing. Your reticle only needs any small movement to stay on target lock. If you don't move, no target locking, but with movement it's like body shot aim bot. FN AA is nuts.

Could you specify some of those settings for me? Been messing with the DPI a lot but havent touched the Hz.  Do you have the hz turned down to 500 on your mouse or on the xim hz? Smoothing matched to 10-20 on both hip, ads??  and when you say "its like body shot aim bot" do you have issues with getting out of the AA bubble?? like going from body to headshot?

Sure. Mouse is 500hz 800DPI. XIM 250 or 500 hz. Still playing with this. Not much of a difference. Sync to slow. This is the most dramatic difference. Smoothing 10-20 on both HIP and ADS. From my Xim and FN experience so far, no AA issues. It is VERY sticky, and will cause the normal multi target AA problems, but the AA bubble doesn't give me any real problems. I use a large mousepad and the g502 mouse. IIRC my Xim sens is 18/9. I tried ballistic curves and I don't like them with this set up. I prefer a BCurve more when using a 12kDpi, PC like, 1000hz experience.

I tried this last night and it felt like there was a lot of resistance trying to enter the AA bubble,
I tried it with the g502 at 500hz 800 dpi and 4000 dpi, 500 polling,
Hip was around 45 and ads 38 smoothing on 13 and slow sync, i didnt manage any extensive testing , but i dont think it  works that well, unless i am missing something?

I reverted back to 4000 dpi 500 hz 500 polling, common sync 0 smoothing,
Hip on 9 ads on 5 it feels good, but i feel it could be much better,
I would say the 1000 polling with 12k dpi on my cloth felt smoother other than the jitter when trying the aa bubble. Would anyone suggest anything different? Maybe add a curve?

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 09:06 AM - 05/17/18 »

Sync SLOW.
10-20 smoothing

This is terrible 800 dpi is way to low test out some other settings suggested

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 09:26 AM - 05/17/18 »
Well 800 is not terrible for me X_x !

I'm sure something is different. I have a large mouse pad. Computer monitor. Etc.

All just preference.

Offline Helvetic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CamStat87
« Reply #186 on: 10:49 AM - 05/17/18 »
I've had my Apex for a week now.  G502 Mouse.... I have a desk mat to protect the wood and use this as my mouse pad (AKA plenty of room).  I am also a wrist player, but trying to break that habit.

First week I was rocking 1000hz on both the Apex and Mouse. 12k DPI / 5.0 Hip / 5.0 ADS.....I was doing much better than I would be using a controller, but still didn't feel right. 

Started researching and reading through a lot of the different threads and decided to give 500hz, 4k DPI, Sync Common, No Smoothing a shot....AA seems to be much more of an assistance than a hamper.  I think I found my sweet spot.   I just need to go back through Od1ns aim sensitivity tutorial.

Next is to find a resolution to my building abilities.  I've tried key mapping with the G502 and it's not working (most likely human error).  I currently use Q to toggle on building and mouse wheel to cycle parts. 

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 11:48 AM - 05/17/18 »
Helvetic:

For building. There are options with keybinds; All mouse, all keyboard or mix of both. I use all mouse. It took me a month to get comfortable with that and weapon switching, which I put to all keyboard. Keep at it with whatever method you like and it will become second nature after so many hours of play.

« Last Edit: 01:54 PM - 05/17/18 by Deazly »

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
« Reply #188 on: 04:59 AM - 05/18/18 »
Helvetic:

For building. There are options with keybinds; All mouse, all keyboard or mix of both. I use all mouse. It took me a month to get comfortable with that and weapon switching, which I put to all keyboard. Keep at it with whatever method you like and it will become second nature after so many hours of play.

are you using builder pro or combat pro? i didn't even know they added a new setup... smh..
Logitech G Pro @ 12000 DPI 1000 Hz
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Blue LED Cherry MX Red Keyboard

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 08:32 AM - 05/18/18 »
I recently tried changing my X/Y ratio to 1.15. It feels awesome. I was struggling big time with aim assist looking down on something (i.e. down from a mountain). The extra vertical freedom helps combat this and also helps moving your reticle up to a target's head. Also useful in shotgun fights.

Offline Leotigano

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Leotigano
« Reply #190 on: 12:09 AM - 05/19/18 »
I recently tried changing my X/Y ratio to 1.15. It feels awesome. I was struggling big time with aim assist looking down on something (i.e. down from a mountain). The extra vertical freedom helps combat this and also helps moving your reticle up to a target's head. Also useful in shotgun fights.

What settings are you running? (Mouse / Apex polling rate, hip / ads sens, mouse dpi...)

Because i usually have my X\Y ratio 0.85 because i like to keep it stable for dragging scope. Thinking about having a go with 1.15.

I got a G502 and to be honest i still cant decide between running 12k or 4k dpi. Im running 4k atm. But still struggling to fight the bubble when ads.

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 03:19 AM - 05/20/18 »

What settings are you running? (Mouse / Apex polling rate, hip / ads sens, mouse dpi...)

Because i usually have my X\Y ratio 0.85 because i like to keep it stable for dragging scope. Thinking about having a go with 1.15.

I got a G502 and to be honest i still cant decide between running 12k or 4k dpi. Im running 4k atm. But still struggling to fight the bubble when ads.

I try both 1.15 works great with shotguns for me

Offline Leotigano

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Leotigano
« Reply #192 on: 09:33 PM - 05/20/18 »
Anyone using smoothing for ads?

I cant find a good setting for ADS so far. Hip is really smooth but when I aim down sight it feels a bit jittery fighting against the bubble.

Im running G502 on 1000hz (Apex 500Hz)

Thanks

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 10:13 PM - 05/20/18 »
Anyone using smoothing for ads?

I cant find a good setting for ADS so far. Hip is really smooth but when I aim down sight it feels a bit jittery fighting against the bubble.

Im running G502 on 1000hz (Apex 500Hz)

Thanks

No, I'm not using smoothing. I'm finding ADS smooth horizontally, but aiming down on someone tends to be muddy. Still trying to figure out something to resolve this. Increased X/Y has helped a bit.

Offline Oscob

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 10:30 AM - 05/23/18 »
Anyone have setup that works well for someone with a 10000 dpi mouse that aims with the wrist (not arm).

Also, is anyone aware of 1 build macros for a razor mouse?  I saw a post previously for a Logitech.  Will they work all the same?  Iíve never played around with mouse macros