XIM Community

[Xim Apex] Rainbow Six Siege [UPDATED 4/24/2018] [Wrist & Arm]  (Read 28328 times)

Offline Colonelva

• View Profile
Re: [Xim Apex] Rainbow Six Siege [UPDATED 3/8/2018]
« Reply #30 on: 09:42 PM - 03/07/18 »
Your setting worked great for two matches. Now it seems everything slowed down.  When I ADS I can move my mouse a few and the site wonít follow. Itís like it has some crazy lag.  Iím a little confused. Worked great the first two matches. Had 8 kills both games great headshots very smooth. 

Even when I hit Q or E to lean nothing happens. I keep pressing it it eventually works. Really confused now.

Offline Eric_L

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11:23 PM - 03/07/18 »
Your setting worked great for two matches. Now it seems everything slowed down.  When I ADS I can move my mouse a few and the site wonít follow. Itís like it has some crazy lag.  Iím a little confused. Worked great the first two matches. Had 8 kills both games great headshots very smooth. 

Even when I hit Q or E to lean nothing happens. I keep pressing it it eventually works. Really confused now.

People that have been having this issue seem to have one thing in common. They accidentally hit the DPI shift or change button unknowingly. If anything unbind it and keep 1 sensitivity in the on board memory. Unless you want a *slower mode for aiming or whatever.
*PS4 Pro | G403 Wireless | Rainbow Six Siege - Diamond | Hip sens: 500 | Ads sens: 290 | Smoothing 5 | Sync: Off | K95 RGB Platinum | Xim Apex | 12K DPI | 1000hz*

Offline justh1n

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Justh1n
« Reply #32 on: 06:34 AM - 03/08/18 »
Update: Removed the ADS keybindings and applied them to secondary. The code (on main thread) has been updated.
Use Q and E to lean.

A quick game I had today with the apex, first game of the day :P https://youtu.be/3sfpOrArp6M
« Last Edit: 07:55 AM - 03/08/18 by justh1n »

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07:01 AM - 03/08/18 »
Why didn't you bind Q and E in your secondary bindings so that you can still sprint with left shift? Just curious, if your bindings work then keep going. Just odd to me.

So in my ADS settings I have set Q to "sprint"  so when I'm aiming with the right mouse and press Q it does lean to the left and E leans to the right. You can check it out in this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/Xi7BoDR.png

Since you can only sprint while on HIP (not holding the aim) I can still use Left Shift to sprint.

No, I understand what you did. My question is why did you do it your way, removing the inherit check mark in the ADS config, rather than just binding those two keys in the secondary menu of the button bindings. It seems your way would take longer to set up. I'm not saying it's wrong, but curious why you went that route? What's the benefit compared to using the secondary button bindings?

I have a question about the secondary binding on the hip profile (Iím at work so canít test it out). Doesnít it just bind one key to two funtions? So if you are secondary binding a key as lean in ads that originally also will function while in ads what happens? Does the primary button also funtion then?

So I have the g502. I use the bottom thumb mouse button as melee but also use it to lean left. My top thumb mouse button is used for primary gadget and lean left. Donít I want to use a different ADS key binding so I donít lean left and melee?

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07:08 AM - 03/08/18 »
Why didn't you bind Q and E in your secondary bindings so that you can still sprint with left shift? Just curious, if your bindings work then keep going. Just odd to me.

So in my ADS settings I have set Q to "sprint"  so when I'm aiming with the right mouse and press Q it does lean to the left and E leans to the right. You can check it out in this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/Xi7BoDR.png

Since you can only sprint while on HIP (not holding the aim) I can still use Left Shift to sprint.

No, I understand what you did. My question is why did you do it your way, removing the inherit check mark in the ADS config, rather than just binding those two keys in the secondary menu of the button bindings. It seems your way would take longer to set up. I'm not saying it's wrong, but curious why you went that route? What's the benefit compared to using the secondary button bindings?

I have a question about the secondary binding on the hip profile (I’m at work so can’t test it out). Doesn’t it just bind one key to two funtions? So if you are secondary binding a key as lean in ads that originally also will function while in ads what happens? Does the primary button also funtion then?

So I have the g502. I use the bottom thumb mouse button as melee but also use it to lean left. My top thumb mouse button is used for primary gadget and lean left. Don’t I want to use a different ADS key binding so I don’t lean left and melee?

You can't melee and lean at the same time. The game won't allow it. You'd have to be ADS'ing in order to lean.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Streakz87

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07:38 AM - 03/08/18 »
Just changed manually input the sens boost etc. does pasting the code change anything like ballistic curve?

So far settings seem great. Definitely smooth, my only issue right now is when I lift the mouse at all is can just a little.

Offline justh1n

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07:46 AM - 03/08/18 »
Just changed manually input the sens boost etc. does pasting the code change anything like ballistic curve?

So far settings seem great. Definitely smooth, my only issue right now is when I lift the mouse at all is can just a little.

Make sure you backup your curve and paste it back. I'm pretty sure it'll overwrite it with an empty curve. When you lift the mouse a little, could you tell me what you mean?

Offline 12seconds

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08:43 AM - 03/08/18 »
Does leaning feels wonky sometimes to anyone? Feels like R3, and L3 is delayed a bit before registering the key.

Like, whenever I ADS and press Q or E to lean sometimes it doesn't register.

Offline Colonelva

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08:58 AM - 03/08/18 »
Does leaning feels wonky sometimes to anyone? Feels like R3, and L3 is delayed a bit before registering the key.

Happens to me a lot. Like there is some input delay.

Offline justh1n

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09:16 AM - 03/08/18 »

Does it happen with controller as well?

Offline 12seconds

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09:37 AM - 03/08/18 »

Does it happen with controller as well?

I tried it with controller, it was butter smooth.

I did a few test this morning before I left for work. If I press the key like normal it sometimes register, if i press and hold down the key for like 1sec it registers. This was tested with mechanical keyboard.
Think it's just the way how xim register the input, maybe could be updated?

Offline justh1n

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09:43 AM - 03/08/18 »
Report this to the guys that fix the bugs, this might be a bug, not sure.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09:52 AM - 03/08/18 »
No, it's the game itself. It's been brought up before and it's a game mechanic. When you ADS with a mouse the button press is instant. There's no travel compared to the controller's trigger. It's "buttery smooth" with the controller because enough time has passed while pressing down the left trigger and allows the lean feature to register. So basically, the delay is on the controller, not the Xim.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Born-2Be-Lethal

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11:13 AM - 03/08/18 »
any idea what I should put my sensitivities to if my mouse only goes up to 6k dpi at 1000hz ? Because my aim feels jittery and when I pull down to compensate recoil it sometimes doesn't even work
This ain't a war, anymore than a war between men and maggots. Or, dragons and wolves. Or, men riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11:21 AM - 03/08/18 »
any idea what I should put my sensitivities to if my mouse only goes up to 6k dpi at 1000hz ? Because my aim feels jittery and when I pull down to compensate recoil it sometimes doesn't even work
While you may have to mess with the smoothing (lower maybe as you may not need as much) try 170 hip and 90 ads. That is just based off of my sens at 12k (85 hip and 45 ads). If you want to convert anyoneís sens in here to yours at 6k just multiply theirs by 2. Make sure your boost is at 8500 on both hip and ads. Also make sure your deadzones are correct.