XIM Community

Tutorial - How to find your Perfect XIM Sensitivity  (Read 6986 times)

Offline andy274

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: W1z4rds 5leeve
Re: Tutorial - How to find your Perfect XIM Sensitivity
« Reply #15 on: 04:19 PM - 03/01/18 »
That is the single biggest improvement to my gaming with Xim that ive ever seen... Cant wait to try it out Od1n... nice one!

Offline ZeroDegre

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04:21 PM - 03/01/18 »
Excellent tutorial, thanks!

Gonna take some time to find my sweet spot now :)

Offline YeaItsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04:34 PM - 03/01/18 »
Od1n...This was great. Thanks so much for the time/effort in making the vid. Much appreciated.

Subbed and liked.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:00 PM - 03/01/18 »
I do think this should be stickied somewhere.

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #19 on: 04:51 AM - 03/02/18 »
this is excellent info for the entire community and it deserves to be pinned on page #1. go for it!

thanks for your contribution .

« Last Edit: 07:04 AM - 03/10/18 by mjfame »
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
« Reply #20 on: 05:14 AM - 03/02/18 »
This should be a sticky. Great post dude. For being new to the XIM I was curious about my mouse sensitivity for games like fortnite and cod. What dpi would be good for the Logitech g403? I'm assuming like you said... Start at 4000 or just come cap it at 12000.
I play a lot of CS:GO and have recently started using 1800 dpi 0.5 sens but have used 400 dpi in the past. Is low dpi bad on a 1080 native res? lol

Can't wait to get my XIM ordered hehe :)
Zowie EC2-A @ 3200 DPI 500 Hz
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Blue LED Cherry MX Red Keyboard

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #21 on: 05:17 AM - 03/02/18 »
Hey Od1n, will you be able to do the Overwatch tutorial you said you we're going to do bud? =) ILY ! x

Offline etrigan

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05:45 AM - 03/02/18 »
I appreciate the post Od1n, I'm sure RML will create a thread or too as well. :)
Logitech G600 4k DPI
Delux T9 Keypad

XIM4 Game Settings:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0klxe-kjGSbd09HdjM0UDhxcWs?usp=sharing

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06:54 AM - 03/02/18 »
nice to hear that this video is helpfull! :)

before i sign offline, I would expand on this topic by stating to the rest of the community that very low dpi (450 @1080p) makes initial movements feel like they have an extra boost of acceleration and directional changes transition much quicker due to less smoothing and whatnot.. i still feel that super-low dpi is better than high dpi even on console because of this. it's so much easier to break the bubble and maintain player tracking then it is on higher dpi steps (even the lower ones like 800 don't perform as well as 450 does in this scenario). these are twitch shooters and this sort of responsiveness is what matters most.

its a personal preference thing, most users dont like pixel-skipping so they go with higher dpis
also you could use the boost function to break out of the aim assist bubble while maintaining smooth mouse movements

overall with xim apex this issue is pretty much solved as the 1000hz mode and its smoothing lets you deal with aim assist much better
its very easy to break out of the aim assist bubble

This should be a sticky. Great post dude. For being new to the XIM I was curious about my mouse sensitivity for games like fortnite and cod. What dpi would be good for the Logitech g403? I'm assuming like you said... Start at 4000 or just come cap it at 12000.
I play a lot of CS:GO and have recently started using 1800 dpi 0.5 sens but have used 400 dpi in the past. Is low dpi bad on a 1080 native res? lol

Can't wait to get my XIM ordered hehe :)

you want a minimum of 3000-4000 dpi, anything above that will hardly have an influence
therefore id recommend to try both 4000 and 12000 dpi to see which one you like more
a lot of people go with 4000 dpi as not every clothpad handles extremly high dpi values that good

Hey Od1n, will you be able to do the Overwatch tutorial you said you we're going to do bud? =) ILY ! x

this will be the next thing ill do, maybe ill get it done by tomorrow or the day after that!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline jduty09

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Hacks
« Reply #24 on: 07:05 AM - 03/02/18 »

Excellent tutorial. I've gotten somewhat used to a different sensitivity over the past year. Think it's worth going through this tutorial and doing it anyways? Won't I likely just end up with my current sensitivity

yes definitely, but do the tutorial before you have warmed up!
let me know how big the difference between your current sensitvity and ur new one will be :)

I went into overwatch and replicated the same scenario on PC. I completed the process and it resulted in a change from a 5000 mouse sensitivity index (1000dpi x 5 sense) to a 2000 mouse sensitivity index (1000 dpi to 2 sens) - from a 9.875" 360 turn to a 26.5" 360 turn. In the training room I can already tell my aim is much smoother and more accurate, however, the sudden decrease in turn speed is definitely going to be a big adjustment. Luckily I already have a 16"x18" moousepad and have the space to move my arm around. Despite knowing that the sudden change will disrupt my short term performance in terms of being adjusted to movement I know that it will be an investment into future performance that will have a large payout. Thanks for the tutorial :)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07:15 AM - 03/02/18 »
Nice tut Od1n.

Do you use the same methodology in high AA games?

The concern is breaking through the AA bubble into the hitbox, which can get trickier at lower sens values when AA is higher.

I tend to optimise my aim in say Destiny 2 at 3200 DPI, then bump up the DPI to 3600 to help with cut-through into the hitbox. Essentially that's the same as increasing sens by 12.5%, but it's just a quicker way for me to get there.

I also found that I needed to roughly halve my Overwatch sens compared to almost every other game I play, so it'd be interesting to replicate this in another title.

Great approach nonetheless, I'll give it a crack :)

Offline jduty09

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Hacks
« Reply #26 on: 07:30 AM - 03/02/18 »
Nice tut Od1n.

Do you use the same methodology in high AA games?

The concern is breaking through the AA bubble into the hitbox, which can get trickier at lower sens values when AA is higher.

I tend to optimise my aim in say Destiny 2 at 3200 DPI, then bump up the DPI to 3600 to help with cut-through into the hitbox. Essentially that's the same as increasing sens by 12.5%, but it's just a quicker way for me to get there.

I also found that I needed to roughly halve my Overwatch sens compared to almost every other game I play, so it'd be interesting to replicate this in another title.

Great approach nonetheless, I'll give it a crack :)

The AA bubble? Does AA interact with the Xim? This has been a concern of mine.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07:57 AM - 03/02/18 »
AA interacts with all controllers, it's just more noticeable on a Xim due to the higher degree of control with a mouse. The lower the sensitivity, the higher the pull of AA. It's a similar effect to reducing your in-game sensitivity, which isn't recommended on a Xim as the translators are built at max game sens.

AA can be both an ally and a foe, depending on the game, and sometimes it can be harder to break into the hitbox, or over/undershoot your target. Increasing sensitivity can reduce the tug of AA and make it easier to enter the hitbox at the cost of accuracy, whereas reducing it could lead to buffeting from AA.

It's not a criticism of this tut and I'll be experimenting with it myself, but AA is something to keep in the back of your mind when tinkering with sensitivity.

One thing we found with the Apex settings is that Smoothing may assist with AA, in a similar way to the Steady Aim Xim4 builds (though that's not Smoothing's intended purpose). RML previously invested a lot of time into fighting the AA bubble via ballistics curves on Xim4, but he apparently no longer uses them on Apex due to Smoothing.

Od1n and Headhunter and more qualified to talk about that, they have a much higher sensitivity to micro-adjustments than I do.

Offline Clu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Clu Rebooted
« Reply #28 on: 08:41 AM - 03/02/18 »
nice tutorial for the noobs  :P

Offline Mdart83

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:20 AM - 03/02/18 »
Great tutorial Odin. Request todo one for Fortnite and also share more gameplay!