XIM Community

Xim with all games?  (Read 218 times)

Offline D4nyankees7

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Hiitmaan27
Xim with all games?
« on: 12:29 AM - 02/14/18 »
Hi I've been creeping around since about October, just waiting to recieve my first XIM but I have a question that I haven't seen posted yet. Do XIM products work as like a bind to the controller? Like if I just gave up my controller completely and played games that weren't on the app would it still read the inputs but just not be configured properly? Or would the device plugged into the xim not work at all?

Offline grandpops

• XBOX ONE S - PS4 Pro
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: GrandPops2015
  • PSN ID: Grand-pops-2015
Re: Xim with all games?
« Reply #1 on: 01:12 AM - 02/14/18 »
Hi I've been creeping around since about October, just waiting to recieve my first XIM but I have a question that I haven't seen posted yet. Do XIM products work as like a bind to the controller? Like if I just gave up my controller completely and played games that weren't on the app would it still read the inputs but just not be configured properly? Or would the device plugged into the xim not work at all?
It would it still read the inputs but just not be configured properly.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim with all games?
« Reply #2 on: 01:53 AM - 02/14/18 »
Xim is intended for shooters. M/kb doesn't make a whole lot of sense for other genres, like driving, sports or platforming games. Xim will still work (the CCC profile is intended for this generic purpose), but your controls will be clunky.

Note that Xim requires a console's controller connected at all times for authentication and to make the Xim appear as a native controller. You can pick up the controller at any time when it's connected to a Xim. I tend to do that for menu nav between rounds, or in social spaces.
« Last Edit: 01:58 AM - 02/14/18 by antithesis »