XIM Community

Max dpi xim4/apex?  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Anonn

• View Profile
Re: Max dpi xim4/apex?
« Reply #15 on: 08:30 PM - 02/13/18 »
Me too, once I get a XIM.

An answer to this question can really narrow my decision to what mouse I wanna get.

For example, if staying under 50 sens is better even with 1000hz on the Apex, then the 3200 max DPI you get with Zowie mice would really limit you to 125hz (like the XIM4) or 250hz. Unless you don't mind interpolation caused by high sensitivity.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:47 PM - 02/13/18 »
So staying under 50 sens is best for XIM4, which runs at 125hz

But what about XIM APEX? It runs at 1000hz therefore we'd have to multiply our current XIM sens by 8.

So with the new 1000hz polling rate, is staying under 400 sens better (50 x 8 = 400) or 50 sens?
50 on Xim4 at 125Hz is 400 on Apex at 1000Hz.

So yes, try to keep sensitivity values around 50 on Xim4 so they'll transfer easily to Apex.

Me too, once I get a XIM.

An answer to this question can really narrow my decision to what mouse I wanna get.

For example, if staying under 50 sens is better even with 1000hz on the Apex, then the 3200 max DPI you get with Zowie mice would really limit you to 125hz (like the XIM4) or 250hz. Unless you don't mind interpolation caused by high sensitivity.
I use two Zowie mice on the Apex. They can run at 3200 DPI which is fine to use at 1000Hz on Apex.

At 3200 DPI, I run around 90-100 HIP and 70-80 ADS at 250Hz. If I want to run at 1000Hz, I simply multiply those values by 4. 400 HIP and 320 ADS are well under the max cap of 500. I could push HIP out to 125 sens and still be fine.

Offline Anonn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08:50 PM - 02/13/18 »
So staying under 400 sens is good for XIM APEX? Or 50?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08:53 PM - 02/13/18 »
Staying under 500 on Apex is required. Nothing else matters.

If you want to use 1000Hz polling, you're unlikely to see a value of around 50 on an Apex even at 12K DPI.

Don't worry about the numbers. Know that 3200 DPI is fine and you shouldn't hit the hard cap of 500. If you do, just change the Apex polling rate to 500Hz, the difference is negligible.

Offline LilJs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08:56 PM - 02/13/18 »
Staying under 500 on Apex is required. Nothing else matters.

If you want to use 1000Hz polling, you're unlikely to see a value of around 50 on an Apex even at 12K DPI.

Don't worry about the numbers. Know that 3200 DPI is fine and you shouldn't hit the hard cap of 500. If you do, just change the Apex polling rate to 500Hz, the difference is negligible.
if u have the option to use those great 1000hz why do you use 250? any specfic reason?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:00 PM - 02/13/18 »
Titan Two is unable to correctly detect a Xim Apex running at 500 or 1000Hz and tosses purple lights, which causes USB desync and input lag.

T2 is fine with Apex running at 250Hz, so that's what I'm using until J2K gets an Apex and fixes the polling rate issue.
« Last Edit: 09:14 PM - 02/13/18 by antithesis »

Offline Anonn

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09:19 PM - 02/13/18 »
So it's best to stay under 400 sensitivity? No interpolation or anything?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09:25 PM - 02/13/18 »
Given interpolation kicked in at values of 100 on Xim4 running at 125Hz, that value equates to 800 on Apex at 1000Hz, which isn't possible.

Xim sensitivity is directly correlated to DPI. As long as you're running roughly 3000 DPI to slot under the hard sens cap of 500 and still have a zippy turnspeed, any number between 1-500 is fine.

Offline LilJs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:27 PM - 02/13/18 »
Titan Two is unable to correctly detect a Xim Apex running at 500 or 1000Hz and tosses purple lights, which causes USB desync and input lag.

T2 is fine with Apex running at 250Hz, so that's what I'm using until J2K gets an Apex and fixes the polling rate issue.
Im looking for more  Titan Two info and piwii doesnt answer, is it okay if i buy it next month maybe? I don't want to buy and then a month after titan three comes out... also any prerequisistes i need to use a titan two?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09:29 PM - 02/13/18 »
I forgot to mention, piiwii here is pabloscripts on the Titan forums. It's his Siege script you want to use.

Also, Titan Two only officially announced the product at the same time as Xim Apex. It's been in open beta for some time, but it'll be around for a long time to come.
« Last Edit: 09:34 PM - 02/13/18 by antithesis »

Offline LilJs

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:07 PM - 02/13/18 »
I forgot to mention, piiwii here is pabloscripts on the Titan forums. It's his Siege script you want to use.

Also, Titan Two only officially announced the product at the same time as Xim Apex. It's been in open beta for some time, but it'll be around for a long time to come.
Yeah i knew he was pablo, so ill probably get my titan two along with xim4, cool!

Offline Yefcish

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Yefcish
« Reply #26 on: 09:25 PM - 02/14/18 »
Good thing when I bought my XIM4 in November it was stated that there were no plans for a new XIM. Disgusting and scummy business practice

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09:27 PM - 02/14/18 »
Good thing when I bought my XIM4 in November it was stated that there were no plans for a new XIM. Disgusting and scummy business practice
You might want to find and quote that post rather than stating it off-the-cuff.

Every product on planet earth has ongoing R&D in the background. Do you piss and moan when your CPU, GPU, MB, RAM etc are obsolete within weeks of buying a gaming rig? Or what about that 2017 model car that's now been superseded? Do they materialise out of thin air, or are they iteratively worked on for years in advance?

In November, the Xim4 was the only Xim available at the time. No-one can accurately predict a future product release, so while it's inconvenient timing, it happens in every industry.

If you're concerned about it, do as others have done and offload the Xim4 on eBay for a significant profit, then buy the Apex on release.
« Last Edit: 09:34 PM - 02/14/18 by antithesis »

Offline Yefcish

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Yefcish
« Reply #28 on: 10:10 PM - 02/14/18 »

Every product on planet earth has ongoing R&D in the background. Do you piss and moan when your CPU, GPU, MB, RAM etc are obsolete within weeks of buying a gaming rig? Or what about that 2017 model car that's now been superseded? Do they materialise out of thin air, or are they iteratively worked on for years in advance?

In November, the Xim4 was the only Xim available at the time. No-one can accurately predict a future product release, so while it's inconvenient timing, it happens in every industry.

If you're concerned about it, do as others have done and offload the Xim4 on eBay for a significant profit, then buy the Apex on release.
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56227.0
And how can one profit off a used product?

Online matthewk85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #29 on: 10:21 PM - 02/14/18 »

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56227.0
And how can one profit off a used product?

You've clearly mistook what was stated
- "Nothing has been announced"
- "nor do we have a potential date about future versions of XIM"

He never said that there were no plans, hell, the way he said it even reads as though he's quite possibly working on something.

People have been posting on the forums that they've been selling their Xim4's at a profit in prep to purchase the Apex. I've personally listed my backup Xim for sale too.