XIM Community

Mouse and Keyboard Opinion  (Read 1055 times)

Offline mason1327

• View Profile
Mouse and Keyboard Opinion
« on: 05:08 AM - 02/12/18 »
Would the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse and Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire keyboard be a good choice to use the Xim Apex on Ps4? Also any recommendations on the G502 vs G403 when using with the Xim? I致e read many reviews but no advice from someone who has used them with the Xim. Thanks for the help.

Offline fn96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: lFlN
Re: Mouse and Keyboard Opinion
« Reply #1 on: 07:28 AM - 02/12/18 »
Get the G502. I personally use it and I think most XIM users do as well.

The K70 RGB Rapifire will draw a lot of power so you'll need a powered usb 2.0 hub. I recently upgraded to the  K70 RGB Lux and was getting warning lights for high power draw.

Offline ColtsFan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:49 AM - 02/12/18 »
Hard to beat the G502 for quality and customization.  As for the keyboard I go back and forth between using a Razer Orbweaver Chroma and the PS Nav.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:34 AM - 02/12/18 »
the g403 is the better mouse simply because its a lot lighter, the g502 however is the way to go if you want more buttons on your mouse
outside of this difference they are pretty much identical and are considered to be the best mice for your xim

(the g403 also has a wireless version)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline mason1327

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:15 PM - 02/12/18 »
Thanks for all the advice guys I appreacite it. So I知 definitely going to go with the G502 or the G403 mouse. I was just in best buy messing around with the keyboards. My only thing I am stuck with is choosing the keyboard. I read a lot that the Corsair boards are very good. I just messed around with the Korsair K70 Rapid fire and I thought it was definitely too loud. Choosing the mechanical switch is confusing to me. When buying a Cosair on Amazon I see you can choose the switch you prefer. What is the difference between linear and tactile? My last question is are then MX Silents worth the extra money compared to the MX Speeds? A lot of people love the MX Speeds from what I知 reading. Sorry for all the questions I知 new to this. Thanks for the help.

Offline 007chill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:12 PM - 02/12/18 »
the g403 is the better mouse simply because its a lot lighter, the g502 however is the way to go if you want more buttons on your mouse
outside of this difference they are pretty much identical and are considered to be the best mice for your xim

(the g403 also has a wireless version)

That's pretty opinionated. Many people prefer heavier mice. It's just all preference what's best suited for yourself.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:32 PM - 02/12/18 »
Linear for gaming, tactile for typing.

Aside from the clicky type of switch, there isn't a significant difference between switch sounds, especially when paired with O-rings.

The biggest difference between switches comes from how much force is required to press them.

That's pretty opinionated. Many people prefer heavier mice. It's just all preference what's best suited for yourself.
Almost every post on any forum should be prefaced with a silent "IHMO". That said, the general consensus is a lighter mouse is preferable for gaming.

Offline mason1327

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:39 PM - 02/12/18 »
Linear for gaming, tactile for typing.

Aside from the clicky type of switch, there isn't a significant difference between switch sounds, especially when paired with O-rings.

The biggest difference between switches comes from how much force is required to press them.

Almost every post on any forum should be prefaced with a silent "IHMO". That said, the general consensus is a lighter mouse is preferable for gaming.

Thanks for the help man. So when using the board with O-rings there isn稚 much of a sound difference between the Mx Silent and Mx Speed? With that being said which is most popular for gaming? All I play is FPS and I have a laptop so I most likely will not be typing on my board.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:28 PM - 02/12/18 »
It's a personal preference thing. Some peeps like lighter actuation switches for gaming. Others like heavier, more tactile or clicky switches.

A lot of shops selling gaming kbs have demo switches. Just go and press some buttons and choose your poison.

With o-rings, mech keys still sound "tappy", but it's about half the volume of not having the rings. I use Browns and have no reference point for Silents or Speeds. Reds are the most popular with gamers.

There are also silent Reds, which simply have a slightly lower actuation force than Reds. You can see the difference here - https://ergodox-ez.com/pages/keyswitches. Note that no mech switch is truly silent.
« Last Edit: 08:39 PM - 02/12/18 by antithesis »

Offline mason1327

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:31 AM - 02/13/18 »
It's a personal preference thing. Some peeps like lighter actuation switches for gaming. Others like heavier, more tactile or clicky switches.

A lot of shops selling gaming kbs have demo switches. Just go and press some buttons and choose your poison.

With o-rings, mech keys still sound "tappy", but it's about half the volume of not having the rings. I use Browns and have no reference point for Silents or Speeds. Reds are the most popular with gamers.

There are also silent Reds, which simply have a slightly lower actuation force than Reds. You can see the difference here - https://ergodox-ez.com/pages/keyswitches. Note that no mech switch is truly silent.

From all the advice I think I知 going with the Logitech G502 mouse and the Corsair K70 Lux Keyboard with the MX Silent switches. Until I am able to go test a couple out that痴 what I知 aiming for. Since I won稚 be doing anything with the mouse and board besides console gaming I am reading they are recommended. Appreacite all the help.

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:14 PM - 02/13/18 »
Would the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse and Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire keyboard be a good choice to use the Xim Apex on Ps4? Also any recommendations on the G502 vs G403 when using with the Xim? I致e read many reviews but no advice from someone who has used them with the Xim. Thanks for the help.
as for the mouse I've had both 402 & 502 returned them both cause of the limitations that teflon skates/feet present as in friction/drag
One X , ASUS MG28UQG , AD700 , DSS2  , Tartarus Chroma  , Titan One

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:26 PM - 02/13/18 »
Thanks for all the advice guys I appreacite it. So I知 definitely going to go with the G502 or the G403 mouse. I was just in best buy messing around with the keyboards. My only thing I am stuck with is choosing the keyboard. I read a lot that the Corsair boards are very good. I just messed around with the Korsair K70 Rapid fire and I thought it was definitely too loud. Choosing the mechanical switch is confusing to me. When buying a Cosair on Amazon I see you can choose the switch you prefer. What is the difference between linear and tactile? My last question is are then MX Silents worth the extra money compared to the MX Speeds? A lot of people love the MX Speeds from what I知 reading. Sorry for all the questions I知 new to this. Thanks for the help.
why not concider this ,I've had three over the years they're excellent https://www.amazon.ca/Razer-RZ07-02270100-R3U1-Tartarus-Chroma-Ergonomic-Mecha-Membrane/dp/B07754PYFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518538066&sr=8-1&keywords=tartarus+chroma
One X , ASUS MG28UQG , AD700 , DSS2  , Tartarus Chroma  , Titan One

Offline mason1327

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:08 PM - 02/13/18 »
why not concider this ,I've had three over the years they're excellent https://www.amazon.ca/Razer-RZ07-02270100-R3U1-Tartarus-Chroma-Ergonomic-Mecha-Membrane/dp/B07754PYFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518538066&sr=8-1&keywords=tartarus+chroma

I always wondered if they were good but I never read anything where someone brought it up. I wonder how that compares to a full keyboard? Unfortunately the one you have linked does not ship to my area to begin with which is a bummer.

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:12 PM - 02/13/18 »

I always wondered if they were good but I never read anything where someone brought it up. I wonder how that compares to a full keyboard? Unfortunately the one you have linked does not ship to my area to begin with which is a bummer.
I use the Razer Orbweaver Chroma (which is nearly the same thing) and I love it. I use the side analog stick as a replacement for a d pad and the button above it for jump. For gaming only purposes I prefer these kind of keypads over full keyboards.

Offline mason1327

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:05 PM - 02/14/18 »

I use the Razer Orbweaver Chroma (which is nearly the same thing) and I love it. I use the side analog stick as a replacement for a d pad and the button above it for jump. For gaming only purposes I prefer these kind of keypads over full keyboards.

Thanks man. I知 going to have to look into that since I only am going to be playing FPS games. Any real advantages to the Keyboard or Keypad over one another?