XIM Community

Audio question I haven't seen before  (Read 85 times)

Offline mkbzenmain

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: NoTime214
  • PSN ID: NoTime214
Audio question I haven't seen before
« on: 05:13 PM - 02/09/18 »
So I use Turtle Beach X11s with my PS4, it's an old headset but it still works perfectly. It has 2 dials - 1 for game audio and another for chat audio, which means I can control both independantly.

Anyway, I brought a XIM4 and for my audio setup I went with rezneffix's layout

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l4j66d6d7f1tn51/bVKKjVwJrJ#lh:null-custom_ps4_audio_setup.jpg

As far as I'm aware everything works fine, except for one thing, the chat audio comes WITH the game audio, not independant of it which makes it extremely hard for me to hear whats going on in chat while playing games, and I usuall have to sacrifice one for the other.

Does anyone know how I can get the chat audio and game audio to split as it should (and did before I brought a XIM4).

If there isn't a way to do it, does anyone know what headsets will allow me to control chat audio and game audio independantly?

TL;DR - How do I get chat audio to be seperate to game audio?

Thanks.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Audio question I haven't seen before
« Reply #1 on: 09:53 PM - 02/10/18 »
hey,

im not sure how your specific setup looks like, is it 1:1 identical to the picture?
if so then you need to check your console audio settings, if your console eg doesnt detect the usb soundcard it will pass the game and chat audio as one
on playstation there are several settings to go through, system audio settings, device/controller settings and chart party settings
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum