XIM Community

[XIM4] Fortnite Battle Royale - Share your settings here  (Read 16196 times)

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
Hey there,

With the rising popularity of Fortnite, I wanted to make a thread for potential discussion. I've seen a lot of topics floating around, but it might be nice to have a central location for info :) This first post is an initial breakdown of my findings and what players have been reporting.

Personally, I have been going between native M+Kb on PS4 and the XIM4 itself - and I haven't found something that really clicks.

It seems like there's been distinct pros and cons for native/XIM4 usage. Btw, when I say native M+Kb it means plugging your M+Kb directly to the PS4, with no XIM.

Native Pros
-No aim assist (this sometimes helps with sniper shots)
-You can toggle keybinds just like the PC. This helps with building faster and quickly changing weapons

Native Cons
-Difficult to get settings correct, without feeling jittery. No sensitivity slider.
-No aim assist, which sometimes hurts in close range fights
-No in game cursor, so you can't manage your inventory without picking up and using your controller

XIM Pros:
-You get the aim assist of a controller, because XIM registers as a controller input device
-Settings can be more adjustable

XIM Cons:
-No keybinds, building is slower. Though you can still remap controller buttons, you won't get the keybinds such as "2 for shotgun" or "mouse button 3 for building stairs)
-Many players have reported higher input lag

I will post my native settings in a little bit.Maybe others could post their settings so that we could learn and tweek?

I also just watched a video thepr0 posted, he is a high level player in the XIM4 community and has his settings in the video description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in84wwY1gjc&feature=youtu.be

Sbfx
« Last Edit: 02:35 PM - 03/15/18 by sbfx »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Megathread
« Reply #1 on: 05:11 PM - 02/08/18 »
Also worth mentioning that aim assist can be turned off for Xim4.

If using a Titan Two, you can attach the kb to it while the mouse goes through the Xim. That opens up a wealth of options for keybindings and macros, so things like quick weapon selection, quick build piece selection and quick fort builds (4 walls and stairs) are possible with a single button press.

If there is input lag delay, it's 7ms at most, which is negligible. For Apex, it's 1ms (ask OBsIV why - USB is controlled at the OS level, not the game). What they may be feeling is a slightly more sluggish analog look mechanic compared to native due to turn speed limitations.

Personally, I've found Fortnite's turn speed to be really zippy and responsive. Where it feels slightly off is the aim assist bubble and that can be manipulated or disabled.
« Last Edit: 05:26 PM - 02/08/18 by antithesis »

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:34 PM - 02/08/18 »
Here are my native M+Kb settings. Also note, if you are on XB1 mouse and keyboard is not supported. This applies to PS4 only :(

Mouse: Logitech G502
DPI: 1300
Polling Rate: 1000

In game settings
X/Y: 8/8
Mouse ADS sensitivity: 50
Mouse Scope sensitivity: .95

Comments: Sniping feels great, but I'm having a lot more trouble with close to mid range fights.

Also, Fortnite got another patch today, 1.42. Just so you are aware. I haven't played today yet so can't comment on any aiming changes, etc.

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:37 PM - 02/08/18 »
Also worth mentioning that aim assist can be turned off for Xim4.

If using a Titan Two, you can attach the kb to it while the mouse goes through the Xim. That opens up a wealth of options for keybindings and macros, so things like quick weapon selection, quick build piece selection and quick fort builds (4 walls and stairs) are possible with a single button press.

If there is input lag delay, it's 7ms at most, which is negligible. For Apex, it's 1ms (ask OBsIV why - USB is controlled at the OS level, not the game). What they may be feeling is a slightly more sluggish analog look mechanic compared to native due to turn speed limitations.

Personally, I've found Fortnite's turn speed to be really zippy and responsive. Where it feels slightly off is the aim assist bubble and that can be manipulated or disabled.

Thanks for the info. I've never actually heard of Titan Two.

I agree, turn speed is not a problem. It's aiming that's been tougher to manage.

Where it feels slightly off is the aim assist bubble and that can be manipulated or disabled.
What have you done to combat/improve aim assist?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:00 PM - 02/08/18 »
I'm using an Apex. The improved polling rate offers better AA cut-through and it can be tweaked via the Smoothing option.

Similar tweaks can be achieved on Xim4 using Ballistics Curves and the modified Steady Aim functionality of the experimental SA builds. pr0 has written about SA builds on Xim4 in another Fortnite topic.

Even simply adjusting DPI and Xim sensitivity levels to find a sweet spot between sticky AA and cut-through can help significantly. I like around 4K with mid sensitivity. I tend to set DPI to 3K and adjust Xim sens to find the sticky AA threshold in games, then bump DPI to 4K with the same Xim sens to improve turn speed and cut-through. Works for me...

Alternately, disable AA in the Fortnite options and see how that plays out.

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:50 PM - 02/08/18 »
I'm using an Apex. The improved polling rate offers better AA cut-through and it can be tweaked via the Smoothing option.

Similar tweaks can be achieved on Xim4 using Ballistics Curves and the modified Steady Aim functionality of the experimental SA builds. pr0 has written about SA builds on Xim4 in another Fortnite topic.

Even simply adjusting DPI and Xim sensitivity levels to find a sweet spot between sticky AA and cut-through can help significantly. I like around 4K with mid sensitivity. I tend to set DPI to 3K and adjust Xim sens to find the sticky AA threshold in games, then bump DPI to 4K with the same Xim sens to improve turn speed and cut-through. Works for me...

Sweet, thanks for the info.

I just ran a config similar to thepr0's. There is MUCH less input lag than I last remember, way less lag than native. Looks like it'll be XIM for me!

Offline undazpoon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:58 PM - 02/08/18 »

Sweet, thanks for the info.

I just ran a config similar to thepr0's. There is MUCH less input lag than I last remember, way less lag than native. Looks like it'll be XIM for me!

Can you share your settings?

Offline dgoss23

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x fRiScO dYk3 x
« Reply #7 on: 08:26 PM - 02/13/18 »
I canít find anything that feels consistent! One day I use standard, the next Iím using RMLís curves and so on. It just never feels right. So either the FPS of the game or server lag isnít allowing me to develop muscle memory or I canít find xim settings I like. It will be fine for a few days and then bam itís just off

Offline loo1201

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:33 PM - 02/13/18 »
The aim assist is so horrible with the xim4 and native is garbage. It comes down to practice but i lose so many 1v1 battles cause of this @#$% aim assist.
3843SR - Settings : EXPO No curve No boost. 100AA 50AAW 0AS 0AE Steady aim OFF

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:05 PM - 02/13/18 »
Native Cons
-Difficult to get settings correct, without feeling jittery. No sensitivity slider.

wait this is still an issue?
when Fortnite came out first without the BR mode people complained about this already, have they still not implemented that???

thats neat
does the titan trick the console into accepting both a controller (aka xim mouse) and keyboard at the same time?
or do you refer to running macros with the titan that allow for quick building, if so how fast and reliable are those macros?
thought about writing some macros too but the game remembers your last building option which could kinda screw up macro hotkeys for stairs or walls
 is it a special feature of the titan or would it also work by connecting your keyboard directly to the console and only run the mouse and controller via xim?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:16 PM - 02/13/18 »
Xim Apex in Input-A on the Titan Two, kb on Input-B. The mouse stuff gets passed through the T2, as per normal, optionally with macros applied. The kb attached to the T2 needs some script definitions to bind keys to actions or macros, but that's easy to do.

The T2's not tricking the console, it's simply combining multiple inputs into a single output. That could be Xim + kb, Xim + wireless Elite, Steering Wheel + Arcade stick...whatever.

One-touch building is a macro run via any kb key you want rather than being restricted to the Xim's limited set of controller button bindings. There's an option in the Fortnite settings to not use the last building piece, but to reset to the wall piece. The build itself can be quick and reliable as you can set both the timing and sensitivity to turn and place a building piece in the macro. There's a video on YT of a guy with a CM running a similar basic fort mod and it's really fast, definitely faster than a human can build.

I don't know if it'd work with a kb attached to the console and the mouse to the Xim. Worth a try if running a macro-enabled kb.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:23 PM - 02/13/18 »
oh awesome i didnt know of the buidling reset feature, that makes it indeed perfectly macro-able :)
thanks for the infos, will test that later!
i assume you solved the weapon selection macros by always switching to the pickaxe first in the macro and from there switch to weapon 1, 2, ...?

man this might be the game where using something like 10 macros is a must lol, eg dropping items is also such a pain and would also greatly benefit from a macro
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline B0wl_of_weed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: B0wl_of_weed
« Reply #12 on: 03:19 AM - 02/14/18 »
Just a question but if u use building reset button on ur Logitech g502 couldn't u make Marcos just in the mouse itself or no can someone help me out about this titian 2 stuff I would probs alt buy it all if it's noob friendly

Offline TedRoc07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TedRoc07
« Reply #13 on: 06:36 AM - 02/14/18 »

thats neat
does the titan trick the console into accepting both a controller (aka xim mouse) and keyboard at the same time?
or do you refer to running macros with the titan that allow for quick building, if so how fast and reliable are those macros?
thought about writing some macros too but the game remembers your last building option which could kinda screw up macro hotkeys for stairs or walls
 is it a special feature of the titan or would it also work by connecting your keyboard directly to the console and only run the mouse and controller via xim?
[/quote]

This is an option in settings that can be toggled on/off. If you prefer to have the game start on walls every time you exit build then Turn ON "Reset Building Choice"

Offline christosz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: khadaffi-010
« Reply #14 on: 05:08 PM - 02/14/18 »
I believe yesterday I read this article on the new features for the next season, which would also include easier building options for console.
So hopefully all the macros and titan shizzle wont be necessary.