XIM Community

Problem with XIM4 manager or SandhawC?  (Read 627 times)

Offline OnPoint...

• View Profile
Problem with XIM4 manager or SandhawC?
« on: 01:12 PM - 01/27/18 »
Problem with XIM4 manager or SandhC.  When I open SandhawC, the XIM4 manager (right side window) spins and says connecting, but then it is blank.  SandhawC has a yellow outlined button "Connect to XIM4 Manager" and a red outlined button for "Polling not active!".  I can then click  "Connect to XIM4 Manager", the box turns green.  The polling box turns yellow and states "Activate polling". I click that and the everything starts working, the XIM4 Manager right side windows becomes active and the the polling is active. 

However, I never had to click "Connect to XIM4 Manager" and "Activate polling" before.  Also, the XIM4 manager when I go through the settings appears to be off a bit.  For example, when I click right on the bottom left and right arrows on the XIM4 Manager (i.e., to scroll down when editing buttons), the arrow buttons do not work.  I have to put my mouse above the arrow and like right on the top of the arrow box for it click.  Basically the background button click zone is off.

Based on these symptoms above, does anyone know what the issue is/ how I can fix it?

« Last Edit: 11:49 PM - 01/27/18 by OnPoint... »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with XIM4 manager or SandhawC?
« Reply #1 on: 01:19 PM - 01/27/18 »
Welcome to the community. I'm not familiar with the quirks of sandhawc but I've moved this thread over to the commander section of the forum where hopefully someone experienced can help with this.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:45 AM - 01/28/18 »
Problem with XIM4 manager or SandhC.  When I open SandhawC, the XIM4 manager (right side window) spins and says connecting, but then it is blank.  SandhawC has a yellow outlined button "Connect to XIM4 Manager" and a red outlined button for "Polling not active!".  I can then click  "Connect to XIM4 Manager", the box turns green.  The polling box turns yellow and states "Activate polling". I click that and the everything starts working, the XIM4 Manager right side windows becomes active and the the polling is active. 

However, I never had to click "Connect to XIM4 Manager" and "Activate polling" before.  Also, the XIM4 manager when I go through the settings appears to be off a bit.  For example, when I click right on the bottom left and right arrows on the XIM4 Manager (i.e., to scroll down when editing buttons), the arrow buttons do not work.  I have to put my mouse above the arrow and like right on the top of the arrow box for it click.  Basically the background button click zone is off.

Based on these symptoms above, does anyone know what the issue is/ how I can fix it?

hey,

this usually happens when your pc runs sandhawc before the xim manager launched, usually this is no problem at all and everything should work even when you have to press connect to xim manager / activate polling manually (or even restart the xim manager)
this is the first time that i hear about an off-placement of the buttons in the xim manager, not sure what causes this but maybe w1ce knows something about it

in general you can prevent this by launching the xim manager before running the sandhawc software, sandhawc will then properly embed the xim manager window into its software and no buttons should be off
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline OnPoint...

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:27 PM - 01/29/18 »
When I try to open up the XIM4 Manager without SandhawC I actually get the following error:

"Press the 'Connect' button to connect to your XIM4"
"Connect failure (paired XIM4 not found) [6]"

But when I open SandhawC and click connect, it works.  For some reason I can't even connect to XIM4 without SandhawC.

Also, when clicking "Restart XIM4 Manager" on SandhawC, that doesn't work either. I have to do the Connect and Activate Polling method.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:38 PM - 01/30/18 »
did you add the /commander addition to your xim managers desktop icon?
otherwise it will not launch in the correct mode and sandhawc cannot properly connect to it
when you press restart xim manager in the sandhawc it launches the manager in commander mode
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline OnPoint...

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:27 PM - 02/01/18 »
did you add the /commander addition to your xim managers desktop icon?

How do you do that?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:18 AM - 02/02/18 »
you right click your xim manager desktop icon, properties and then under target/trace you add " /commander" to the chain so it looks like "....XIM4\XIM4 Manager.exe" /commander

Offline OnPoint...

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:27 PM - 02/05/18 »
Added the /commander, but still having the same issue.  Is there an easy way to do a fresh install of XIM manager (delete all traces of it and reinstalling)?  Also, if I do that, how do I backup my settings/configs?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:03 PM - 02/05/18 »
your configs are all stored on the xim means you can just delete and reinstall the manager
when the manager connects to your xim it just downloads all the content stored on your xim :)

Offline OnPoint...

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:36 AM - 02/10/18 »
Oh ok. Ya, I reinstalled it a few times, didn't fix the issue.  I thought I may not have been uninstalling fully since the configs were still there.  That makes sense though.

Is there a way to back up all the configs from the XIM and do a factory reset on the XIM?  The strange thing was that it was working perfect but then it started acting up.  I forgot what I did, but I think I might have tried updated the XIM firmware, manager, etc.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:10 PM - 02/10/18 »
yes you download the latest xim flashtool and before clicking factory restore you can make use of the backup feature of the flashtool :)

what firmware version are you currently on?
(xim manager top right - about)

Offline OnPoint...

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:53 PM - 02/13/18 »
SanhawC: 1.5.6290.37083
XIM manager: 4.00.20160405
XIM firmware: 4.00.20171004

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:09 PM - 02/13/18 »
that looks allright, does the problem still occur with these versions?
of so please write w11ce a forum pm as he coded sandhawc and might know more about your specific problem

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?action=profile;u=7205

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:38 PM - 02/20/18 »
The automatic polling activation was actually disabled in version 1.5. So this behavior is not bugged, this is how this version is supposed to work.

And the XIM manager content being off is something I remember happening sometimes, but never found out why it happens.