XIM Community

Best Keypad to Use With XIM4  (Read 410 times)

Offline iTz Limpyy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: iTz Limpyy
Best Keypad to Use With XIM4
« on: 10:57 AM - 01/19/18 »
Hello all,

I am currently trying to figure out the best setup to use with a keypad on my Xbox one. I want one with a joystick but I have heard that the analog movement isnít the same as it is with the controller. I cannot get my fingers to work very well for movement with the WASD keys since I have been a console gamer my whole life.  Can someone who uses something like a Razer Tartarus or Orbweaver Chroma give me some insight into just how the analog stick performs in the movement department?

Thanks!

Offline alanmcgregor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
Re: Best Keypad to Use With XIM4
« Reply #1 on: 12:34 PM - 01/19/18 »
Orbweaver user here.

The stick is digital, movement is more like an old arcade stick. I don't think is what you are looking for.

G13 it's pretty great keypad with analog stick, but I believe a more natural option for you (coming from consoles) will be the PS4 Nav controller, I suggest if you need more buttons go for a mouse that provides plenty.
« Last Edit: 01:23 PM - 01/19/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R ó modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L

Offline iTz Limpyy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:20 PM - 01/19/18 »
Thank you for your response.

I have seen the PS4 Nav controller but never really paid attention to it. What would the setup be like with a PS4 Nav controller with a mouse?

Offline alanmcgregor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
« Reply #3 on: 01:26 PM - 01/19/18 »
Quote from: iTz Limpyy
I have seen the PS4 Nav controller but never really paid attention to it. What would the setup be like with a PS4 Nav controller with a mouse?

Is very natural if you are coming from a controller, it feels like holding the nunchuk of the wiimote. You paired with XIM4 and use wireless, but (depends of the game) you might need more buttons for actions then a mouse that provides it will be great like G502 or any MMO mouse. This setup is my go to for racing and 3rd person campaign games, for FPS my orbweaver is my favorite, but I'm a PC player and WASD keys is a must for me.
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R ó modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L

Offline iTz Limpyy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:57 PM - 01/19/18 »
Interesting. I will be using it for games like PUBG and Call of Duty. It seems like with the Nav controller, I would have all of the buttons that the Xbox controller has besides the start button, and the X and Y button but those could be mapped to the mouse since I have 2 buttons on the side of my mouse. And obviously the right trigger could be mapped to the right mouse click and the left bumper be mapped to the left mouse click.

I think I may try this because the only reason I wanted to switch to M&K was for the precision of the mouse while aiming but I can't get used to using WASD for movement so that kind of screws everything up.

Offline TedRoc07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TedRoc07
« Reply #5 on: 01:31 PM - 03/29/18 »
How long have you been playing with WASD?? I grew up with console and never played KBM until I purchased the XIM4 a few months back. I can honestly say the learning curve was a PITA. However, if precision aiming is what you desire you'd be silly not to continue down that road with WASD keys. I believe a this type of movement allows you to get on target more quickly. It took me at least 2 weeks to really feel comfortable. Just my 2 cents.