XIM Community

Advice for fortnite  (Read 307 times)

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
Advice for fortnite
« on: 09:21 PM - 01/13/18 »
This is for Xbox one idk if itís the same for ps4, but what Iíve learned with further testing higher dpi and less hip and ads on XIM means less aimassist, if you can outaim good controller players taking full advantage of aim assist then go right ahead, and using lower dpi with higher hip and and ads aimassist gets a lot stronger sometimes a good and bad thing. Steady aim helps a bit to make aa less strong but I think itís just in my mind.

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
Re: Advice for fortnite
« Reply #1 on: 10:52 PM - 01/13/18 »
I honestly think the steady aim feature adds more aim assist than break the aim assist depending on the firmware if you're on a beta SA or official release. If you are a low sensitivity player i would recommend playing at max sensitivity in the game. If you want aim assist and a smoother aim i would lower your game sensitivity anywhere from 6-6 to 8-8.  If it feels sluggish all you have to do is turn your sensitivity on your xim4 up and you will get that smooth fast aim.  To me i feel like 10 sensitivity on fornite has a little acceleration forcing me to play at a lower sensitivity on the xim causing my hip aiming a little wacky. Normally I would recommend max game sensitivity, but for fornite anything over 5-5 xy is decent in my opinion. If you're having issues with light aim assist at 10-10 try 6-6 with around 36 for hip xy .85 and around 45-50 on ADS with 1.00 xy.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #2 on: 12:58 AM - 01/14/18 »
I thought your supposed to set in game sensitivity max in almost every game so you donít keep hitting the max turning speed cap which happens very easily with a mouse

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:45 AM - 01/14/18 »
Most of the time yes its best to set max sensitivity in all the games for the best performance.  For fortnite you dont really need to you can get away with a lower sensitivity. Dont worry about hitting the speed limit most of us do anyways as long as you're not swiping your mouse extremely fast then its fine. You dont have to try the settings its just a suggestion if you are struggling give it a try you might stumble on something better.

Offline PotatoX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:34 AM - 01/14/18 »
Most of the time yes its best to set max sensitivity in all the games for the best performance.  For fortnite you dont really need to you can get away with a lower sensitivity. Dont worry about hitting the speed limit most of us do anyways as long as you're not swiping your mouse extremely fast then its fine. You dont have to try the settings its just a suggestion if you are struggling give it a try you might stumble on something better.

Hey man, could I hijack this thread to ask you a question? ha.

I'm a low sens player. On pc i rock 400dpi and a 2.0 ingame sens on csgo :P. Anyway, i've been using my xim a lot since i've got it and on games like Cod i feel it works very similar to what i used to play with on pc. For cod i use 5.5hip/ads with 10k DPI. It feels really nice.

I've started playing a lot of fortnite on xbox and cant get rid of this sluggish feel. It feels nothing like cod if that makes sense. I've gone from pc from about 50+ wins to xbox now with about 20wins on that. But i still hate my fortnite settings. I feel like i can control the placement really well, but its as if the AA lags behind. When people run it follows behind them.

My current fortnite settings are 10kDPI with 5.5hip/ads 10/10xy 1scoped.

I tried your settings of dropping down to 6/6 and bumped my xim up to 17.5hip/ads to match the turn FOV. This felt amazing, the movement was a lot smoother. But the xim couldnt keep up with my swipes. same issue with 8/8. Currently testing 9/9 with hopes of improvement.

Any tips/suggestions? Or do i just gotta keep grinding it out? ha

(sorry for wierd structure very tired right now)

Regards,
PotatoX

Edit: I'm using razer death adder - should I lower dpi from 10k and move up xim numbers?
« Last Edit: 08:00 PM - 01/14/18 by PotatoX »

Offline uhsoka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:35 AM - 01/15/18 »
I honestly think the steady aim feature adds more aim assist than break the aim assist depending on the firmware if you're on a beta SA or official release. If you are a low sensitivity player i would recommend playing at max sensitivity in the game. If you want aim assist and a smoother aim i would lower your game sensitivity anywhere from 6-6 to 8-8.  If it feels sluggish all you have to do is turn your sensitivity on your xim4 up and you will get that smooth fast aim.  To me i feel like 10 sensitivity on fornite has a little acceleration forcing me to play at a lower sensitivity on the xim causing my hip aiming a little wacky. Normally I would recommend max game sensitivity, but for fornite anything over 5-5 xy is decent in my opinion. If you're having issues with light aim assist at 10-10 try 6-6 with around 36 for hip xy .85 and around 45-50 on ADS with 1.00 xy.
the first ST version of fornite had the best of both worlds. you could get good aim assist with max in-game sens which made aiming feel smooth. now with v2 u have to turn down in-game sens to get a good amount of aim assist which makes aiming feel sluggish. you responded to my other post saying you had a backup profile save of v1, any chance you could upload it? thanks
« Last Edit: 05:32 AM - 01/15/18 by uhsoka »

Offline B0wl_of_weed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: B0wl_of_weed
« Reply #6 on: 11:49 AM - 01/15/18 »
So your saying even know it's blinking it doesn't matter? I play 10/10 got 170 wins but I wanna improve so I'm trying 8/8 and it keeps blinking so curious if it matters

Offline ggmiguelz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:52 AM - 01/15/18 »
So your saying even know it's blinking it doesn't matter? I play 10/10 got 170 wins but I wanna improve so I'm trying 8/8 and it keeps blinking so curious if it matters
Settings?

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:30 PM - 01/15/18 »
Bowl if your not using small hand movements when you swipe you are always going to hit the speed cap.  I personally turn off those notify settings. its fine if you hit the speed cap as long as your not swiping ridiculously fast you're fine.

Potatox i agree i like the original version of fornite st especially for close combat.

Offline dgoss23

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x fRiScO dYk3 x
« Reply #9 on: 09:35 PM - 01/15/18 »
How can revert to stv1??

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:51 PM - 01/15/18 »
you can't once the ST is updated it replaces any old versions.