XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM4 doesn't recognize my mouse and keyboard  (Read 185 times)

Offline AustinG

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sniping Sloths
I have recently purchased the XIM4 and i have spent the last few days trying to get it set up. I have all of the software up to date but my keyboard and mouse aren't working... i am using a razer deathadder elite mouse, and a razer ornata keyboard (both of which are on the list for working appliances). the keyboards are receiving power and can be seen in the manager. I have connected he xim4 to the manager, though all that it does is rapid white flashes when i edit something and then a breathing red light for the rest of the time. My xbox 1 controller also doesn't automatically power on when plugged into the xim4. though rapid yellow flashes appear when i unplug it from the xim.
« Last Edit: 03:53 PM - 01/13/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 doesn't recognize my mouse and keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 03:53 PM - 01/13/18 »
Welcome to the community and thank you for those details. Let's get your XIM4 firmware up to date with the latest controller support, this is separate from a software update and a PC or Mac is required.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline AustinG

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 doesn't recognize my mouse and keyboard
« Reply #2 on: 05:18 PM - 01/13/18 »
my xim4 was already up to date, i tried to update it again (which i was unable to) and i did a reset to see if it would fix the issue. sadly it did not

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:39 PM - 01/13/18 »
Thanks, let's try a hard reset, it can sometimes fix this issue. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM4 then connect XIM4 to the console.

If this doesn't help then replacing the controller cable with a spare may help.

Offline AustinG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:02 PM - 01/18/18 »
Sorry for the late reply but as i'm sure you know ... life happens. well i have tried the hard reset though the red breathing light is still the only thing that occurs (other than 3 rapid flashing white lights that occur when i make edits in the xim4 manager app.) i have replaced the cable, tried using different ports in the xbox. also the xim4 is still giving power to the mouse and keyboard, the lights on my razer gear are on but nothing imputs go through to the game or to the xim4 manager app.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:19 PM - 01/18/18 »
The light behavior you've mentioned is normal. You were able to successfully factory reset using the firmware linked earlier?

Could you check Manager's HUD for the controller icon, is it visible?

We can preemptively try replacing the controller cable if you would like with a spare cable that is not the XIM4 C cable. This is the most common support issue so it's worth a try before looking at other potential faults.

Offline AustinG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:40 PM - 01/18/18 »
I have tried another factory reset and replaced the cord with another of the same kind but the same red breathing light. there was a quick flash of yellow lights when i tried to test the xim4 out on overwatch, not sure if it is related or not though... all of the icons at the top are visable
« Last Edit: 08:50 PM - 01/18/18 by AustinG »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:48 AM - 01/19/18 »
When a device has disconnected XIM4 will flash the problem port number in three sets of yellow. Example:

port 1: 1 flash x 3 sets
port 2 : 2 flash x 3 sets
port 3 : 3 flash x 3 sets

Do you know how many flashes there were per set?

-

Once the yellow light has been addressed let's check if both the controller and cable are an issue. Try this.

Remove the controller battery
Connect the controller directly to the console using the same controller cable. Do not use the XIM4 C cable.
Does the controller light turn on automatically without pressing buttons?