XIM Community

Loving my xim - have a question on key mapping  (Read 47 times)

Offline smallstonefan

• View Profile
Loving my xim - have a question on key mapping
« on: 11:40 AM - 01/13/18 »
Hi all,

I have a Razer Orbweaver v2 and it doesn't have onboard memory, so I have to use it in a default configuration.

I have built up muscle memory over the years on PC and want to get as close as I can on xbox one. To do this, I need to map multiple keys on the Orbweaver to do the same function. For example, get in a vehicle and reload are both X on the xbox on some games. I would like to map the Orbweaver's R button to X as well as the G button (which I use on PC to get in/out open doors, etc.) That way, I could use my existing muscle memory rather than learn a new button map.

I don't believe the XIM manager let's you map multiple buttons to the same controller button. Is there another way? I was wondering if a Titan One would help in this configurations some way?

PS: I switched to consoles to play with my son and I've NEVER been happy. I feel I went backwards 20 years and the controller just won't click for me. I've always built my own gaming rigs and my video cards cost far more than an xbox. But now, between the xim and my xbox one X this is the closest I've come to getting that PC magic back. THANK YOU! :)

James

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Loving my xim - have a question on key mapping
« Reply #1 on: 12:46 PM - 01/13/18 »
I'm glad you are enjoying your XIM. :) Yes, you can map up to 2 keys to a single controller button. To do so, go to tap Advanced under keyboard when editing your Config and use the "Secondary" set of action mappings.
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline smallstonefan

• View Profile
Re: Loving my xim - have a question on key mapping
« Reply #2 on: 12:58 PM - 01/13/18 »
I thought you could only do that if you assigned a secondary toggle - THIS IS GREAT NEWS FOR ME!

Thanks man - I totally appreciate your wizardry :)

James