XIM Community

[Q/A] CM Quickfire TK keyboard not recognized  (Read 65 times)

Offline thomscon

• View Profile
[Q/A] CM Quickfire TK keyboard not recognized
« on: 07:05 AM - 01/13/18 »
Hi, I just purchased the XIM4 adapter a couple of days ago, and I immediately ran into some issues.
My mouse is recognized by the Manager, but my keyboard (A CM Quickfire TK, Qwerty edition) is not. The leds of the keyboard do not even turn on. I have a XBOX one S and the controller is connected with a usb cable to the Xbox. I use a hub so I can use mouse + kb for both PC and Xbox, but its the same problem without the hub connected. The Xim 4 Adapter's lights are flashing red, so thats a good thing right? (why you didnt go with green is beyond me).

I already flashed to the newest firmware. Kindly let me know how to proceed to fix this issue. It's quite an expensive mechanical keyboard, and I would prefer to not buy an other one.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 08:56 AM - 01/13/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: CM Quickfire TK keyboard not recognized
« Reply #1 on: 08:55 AM - 01/13/18 »
Welcome to the community. Red is the default config color but this can be changed, there is a config color field in the top left of each config.

The preferred keyboard port is port 2 but you should try other ports on XIM4 if this isn't working. I would update using the latest firmware for updated peripheral support. You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

-

However if these suggestions do not help I should mention this keyboard has mixed functionality feedback from users in the past and is marked on our hardware list. If these suggestion do not help then unfortunately it would make sense to try another keyboard.

http://xim.tech/hardware
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline thomscon

• View Profile
Re: [Q/A] CM Quickfire TK keyboard not recognized
« Reply #2 on: 10:18 AM - 01/13/18 »
Thanks for the fast reply. I already flashed to newest firmware, but it didnt help unfortunately.
I had another cheap keyboard somewhere to test, and that one works fine. So I'll guess I will use that one for the time being. Would be awesome if XIM support team would be able to fix the XIM to work with this type of keyboard. I reckon a lot of pc users have this CM quickfire keyboard and might not purchase the XIM4 if it doesnt work.

Just my 2 cents.

PS just played my first BF1 game on XBOX and it rocked! I have some tweaking to do, but first impressions are great! :)