XIM Community

[ACTIVE] 2 USB Dilemma  (Read 38 times)

Offline MrKatastrophe

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MrKatastrophe
[ACTIVE] 2 USB Dilemma
« on: 09:36 PM - 01/12/18 »
So I just bought the XIM4 but I have an issue before it even arrives, I only have two USB slots on my PS4. One has my external drive plugged in and the other will have the XIM plugged in. How can I use a set of microphoned headphones? Everything i can see requires either a bluetooth plugged into the USB, or headphones plugged into a USB. I literally have no slots available, please help. TIA
« Last Edit: 11:14 PM - 01/12/18 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: 2 USB Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: 11:14 PM - 01/12/18 »
Welcome to the community. Your PS4 support the use of USB hubs. I'd plug your HDD and USB audio device into the hub and your XIM4 directly into your PS4.
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline MrKatastrophe

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MrKatastrophe
Re: [ACTIVE] 2 USB Dilemma
« Reply #2 on: 03:53 AM - 01/13/18 »
I read that I can't use an external hard drive on a hub, did I read wrong?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] 2 USB Dilemma
« Reply #3 on: 08:34 AM - 01/13/18 »
I've read that as well. If this is the case then unfortunately you have other less convenient options.

1) I believe the PS4 camera has a mic and uses a proprietary port on the back of the console
2) Connect a second controller wirelessly to the console then connect a headset/mic to the second controller
3) Purchase a PS4 Pro to take advantage of it's extra USB port
4) Wait for XIM Apex which is capable of passing chat using the controller rather than a USB only solution
5) Install your external drive as the internal drive assuming it's the correct size
6) Use your PS4 without an external hard drive until points 3, 4, and 5 are a possibility.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos