XIM Community

auto aim and xim apex  (Read 1073 times)

Offline bimheadshoot

• View Profile
auto aim and xim apex
« on: 11:32 AM - 01/11/18 »
Hi guys, ask the alpha test auto aim feels better with the apex xim?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: auto aim and xim apex
« Reply #1 on: 11:35 AM - 01/11/18 »
its is much better, steady aim is now no longer needed
for those that want to customize their aim assist experience the new smoothing feature (which replaces steady aim) has been introduced :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline bimheadshoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:41 AM - 01/11/18 »
And the target and better? The feeling more fluid? Thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:44 AM - 01/11/18 »
with smoothing you can adjust exactly that
eg you want the mouse movements in general to be more fluid, break out of aim assist more easily or have more aim assist than usually

overall even when not using smoothing the aim assist feels much less of an issue than with xim4
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline bimheadshoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:49 AM - 01/11/18 »
And aimed without auto aim is better than xim4?

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #5 on: 11:51 AM - 01/11/18 »
 Was the smoothing developed from the various steadyaim firmwares?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:54 AM - 01/11/18 »
And aimed without auto aim is better than xim4?

yes it is :)

Was the smoothing developed from the various steadyaim firmwares?

yes and no
after all the steady aim builds and the totally mixed community reviews it became pretty clear that steady aim is going nowhere and a new approach has to be done
smoothing is a solution to solve several problems that the steady aim builds had at once including the potential mouse jitter or aim assist issues

Offline bimheadshoot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:59 AM - 01/11/18 »
But getting smooth and specially designed for auto aim?

Offline bimheadshoot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:02 PM - 01/11/18 »
Precision is less good with smoothing? Thank you odin for your answer

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:08 PM - 01/11/18 »
without smoothing you are basically using your raw mouse inputs so if you eg have a mouse that might have a slight cursor jitter the smoothing will help you to reduce that :)

you cannot really say one is more precise than the other as it depends on the mouse, both are equally good and depending on your mouse allow you to be even more precise than before

Offline Tyler2018

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:23 PM - 01/11/18 »
Can you confirm 1000 dpi not gonna be playable?  I ise it an I canít remember who said it but said it be unplayable 😔

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:24 PM - 01/11/18 »
Can you confirm 1000 dpi not gonna be playable?  I ise it an I canít remember who said it but said it be unplayable 😔

it depends on your xim sensitivity
the lower the dpi the higher the xim sensitivity has to be for fast mouse movements
xim sensitivity is an interpolation value that once you are in the region of 100-200 starts to show pixelmovements and cursor jitter/jumps

therefore high dpi is required to prevent this

so if your current xim sensitivity is below 100 you should be fine, if its above then more dpi would give you a better mouse performance
(but even then, if you like how your mouse behaves you can continue to play with it)

Offline bimheadshoot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:40 PM - 01/11/18 »
You talk about jitter? High dpi problem = jitter?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:45 PM - 01/11/18 »
High DPI can create jitter if the mouse surface is imperfect. For example, using a cloth pad is not a good pairing with 12K DPI. A dirty pad or an unsteady hand can also cause jitter. Personally, I've never had a problem with jitter at any DPI setting from 2K to 12K.

As for smoothing, I bang it in 10 and leave it at that. I won't pretend to know exactly what it does, I just know it feels pretty good when it's enabled.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #14 on: 03:51 PM - 01/11/18 »
You really want to find the lowest smoothness setting possible to eliminate whatever you're trying to eliminate. Otherwise, you risk the XIM smoothing out good data from your mouse. So, to that end, I don't recommend starting at 10 and calling it a day. If you recognize a feeling in your mouse that you want to smooth out, you should start at 1 and work your way up until whatever feeling you're taking issue with is eliminated.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic