XIM Community

Keyboard compatibility  (Read 209 times)

Offline akimboslash

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Yeoq
  • PSN ID: akimboSLASH-
Keyboard compatibility
« on: 06:26 PM - 01/10/18 »
So i just got a xim 4 and mouse movements seem to be fine(rainbow six siege) however, i have a big issue with my keyboard. I cant not press shift w and a or d at the same time. This seems like a rollover issue and it prevents me from strafing while i run. Also another issue is leaning on rainbow six siege, i dont know if this happens because its console but to lean i have to press very firmly on a key. This results in me not having a registered keystroke 90% of the time when i try to lean.  I dont know if it happens with the other keys but i notice them a lot when trying to lean. Lastly, when playing siege i motice i hit the turn limit all the time. I have a razer desthadder elite set at the highest dpi and even adjusting them through the app does not prevent me from hitting turn limit. Is there a way to have my keyboard hooked up to razer synapse and the xim 4 at the same time? I have a razer blackwidow tournament edition stealth. Or do i need a new keyboard with full n key rollover, if so any good one for cheap? Lastly a link to some good mouse setting for siege would be nice.

Offline etrigan

• ;)
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard compatibility
« Reply #1 on: 07:04 PM - 01/10/18 »
Is the XIM4's firmware fully updated?

I can't imagine it being a rollover issue on the keyboard itself as it has a 10 key rollover.

This will likely get moved to the hardware forum.
Logitech G600 4k DPI
Delux T9 Keypad

XIM4 Game Settings:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0klxe-kjGSbd09HdjM0UDhxcWs?usp=sharing

Offline akimboslash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:11 PM - 01/10/18 »
I think i have the 2012 to 2014 model? Could that be an issue? I just got it today and have fully updated the firmware after resetting it.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:27 PM - 01/10/18 »
hey,

yes this is most likely your keyboard, this series is known to have a poor rollover as soon as the PC synapse driver isnt running in the back
some users reported this to be fixed under the new xim firmware, though those mainly have newer models
still worth a try, here the link to the firmware:

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline akimboslash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:44 PM - 01/10/18 »
Yea what i though what a shame :/ any tops on a good full n key rollover keyboard?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:06 PM - 01/10/18 »
check out coolermaster and corsair, they offer mechanical keyboards with great build quality and all gaming features you might want to
they have a model for every budget and work with the xim :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline akimboslash

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:02 PM - 01/10/18 »
Ok so i just tried call of duty and everything worked perfectly, even the keyboard issues i described. I am able to press sprint w and a or d all at the same time to run at a 45 degree angle i think. Why am i not able to do this on siege if it can be done with a controller? It is not an issue with the game but i cant do it on r6.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:42 AM - 01/11/18 »
try to press more buttons than just those two, the razer keyboard has a specific rollover issue with WASD and some other buttons on top
in RB6 you might press more of those specific buttons than in CoD

some users for instance changed their button layout from WASD to some other buttons to solve this issue, though most of them went with a different keyboard
another alternative would be to use xim sandhawc, a free pc software that lets you run your xim through the pc
if having a pc next to your console isnt an issue you can run the synapse pc driver in the background that way to solve this keyboard problem for example

Offline akimboslash

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:21 PM - 01/11/18 »
Well i use the buttons the same amount in cod and rainbow but i will try sandhawc since i have a pc.I am beginning to think tht the console version of rainbow is just terrible, maybe warming up on pc was a bad idea lol 😣