XIM Community

Fix for Saitek Cyborg Command unit  (Read 244 times)

Offline Swatticus

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Swatticus
  • PSN ID: Swatticu
Fix for Saitek Cyborg Command unit
« on: 01:01 AM - 07/09/17 »
NOTE:
* 'CCU' is the acronym I denoted for Cyborg Command Unit
* Before you do anything to your CCU make sure you like what lighting effect you have on because it cant be changed after the switch is removed
* The thumbstick drops a retarded amount of inputs but works great if used like a D-pad
* This is my first post so if it looks sloppy IDK

For starters the xim4 software detects the CCU as expected but shows that an input is being pressed; this input is the hardware layout switcher. The CCUs windoze driver you're expected to use interprets the switch as intended, but problems arise when using the CCU on another device because it keeps configs on your hard drive and not locally. The intended CCU driver is useless! so hardware modification is the only option. To begin the mod heat your soldering iron and grab a solder sucker. (I won't include steps to disassemble the CCU it's trivial) Once open find the small PCB on the underside of where your switch is located and trace where the wires lead to on the main PCB. After you find the connections de-solder them and  re-assemble your CCU. If all went well your unit should turn on and function as usual thus concluding this mod. I would've opted to fix xim4s software by blacklisting inputs as a workaround for devices alike the CCU but proprietary software woes.  -_-

Offline drmeltdown

• View Profile
Re: Fix for Saitek Cyborg Command unit
« Reply #1 on: 08:55 AM - 07/11/17 »
Thanks! Time to blow the dust off my old one and give this a shot. Back when I used it on PC, I recall it being a fairly comfortable keypad for gaming.
Any indication whether the thumbstick could me modded for improved analog response? Or is the issue in the interface?

Offline proulxlaw

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: proulxlaw
« Reply #2 on: 12:38 PM - 01/14/18 »
Has anyone else tried this fix? If so what results? I have a couple of these that I would like to use with XBOX ONE X.

Offline proulxlaw

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: proulxlaw
« Reply #3 on: 06:35 PM - 01/14/18 »
I just completed and tested this mod on my CCU with XIM4 and XBOX ONE X and it definitely works. Great find on this. I removed the wires to the switch from the larger board but i wonder if simply clipping the wires off straight would suffice to save a little time of disassembly and the chance of screwing it up with a soldering iron.